Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

31 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Roach said on the blitz that Bijan told Roach he sees himself as similar to Shady McCoy, so suck a dick @Katfid54.

Also, Roach said the staff still wants Fuonji even after Omeire and may take 4 at WR this year. He also mentioned 2021 is a little thin at WR.

he said there’s “stuff going on behind the scenes” with 2 currently committed prospects. One of them is definitely Dixon. Not sure who else he was alluding to. Could be JSN or Josh White. He didn’t think CTJ would flip and didn’t have any current info on Jahari Rogers.

He's almost certainly talking about White. Their pursuit of him has been pretty much out in the open. Unfortunately, that fact in itself could be the extent of what he means by "stuff going on behind the scenes."

4 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

He's almost certainly talking about White. Their pursuit of him has been pretty much out in the open. Unfortunately, that fact in itself could be the extent of what he means by "stuff going on behind the scenes."

Other candidates include Lathan Ransom, Jaylon Jones, and Johnny Wilson. White has been pretty out in the open for awhile, so the fact that they are trying to shroud the names in secrecy tells me that things are either heating up with White to the point that it would hurt the process to say that, or it's someone else. 

Super K on Eaton

As you know we reported via sources that the Sooners made a big impression on Josh Eaton and his family, this past weekend.

Following his visit I noted that things are trending towards Oklahoma.

I was able to speak directly with Eaton over the phone this week to get his take. He was fairly guarded in the conversation but I was able to come away with some key things.

***Texas isn’t going to give up on this fight. In fact, when I spoke with him he had just gotten off the phone with Texas cornerbacks coach, Jason Washington.

***It did seem clear that he saw something at OU both in terms of the depth chart and a “family atmosphere” that stood out to him.

“They’re a big family out there. The whole community is a family. It doesn’t matter if you play football or not..out there, everyone is connected no matter what sport you play, no matter if you play sports or not – it’s a big family out there”.

***I got the sense that Josh found a level comfort there that maybe he didn’t expect. This was his second visit to OU but his first visit was a very brief unofficial visit.

***It should be noted however that Josh has spent a lot of time in Oklahoma in general given that his uncle lives up there.

***In terms of what’s going to help Josh make a decision he noted that it’ll be the family feeling that he gets and looking for what each school’s plan is for him after football in case his NFL aspirations don’t come true.

He’s looking to major in sports management.

***The big question I’ve had is whether a final decision – whether to stick with Texas or flip his commitment – would be coming anytime soon.

According to Josh he still has visits he’d like to take before he makes any certain decision. He tells me that he will take his official visit to Texas.

He is also eying possible OVs to LSU and Miami.

***Josh says he wants to wait till February to sign. Obviously that can change but he says that’s his plan right now.

***My conversation with Josh corroborated what I had heard via sources – that this one is trending strongly towards OU. However, with him taking an official visit to Texas and unlikely to make it back up to OU again, this could obviously change.

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

My conversation with Josh corroborated what I had heard via sources – that this one is trending strongly towards OU. However, with him taking an official visit to Texas and unlikely to make it back up to OU again, this could obviously change.

It's not trending strongly one way if it's expected to eventually trend back the other way due to a future OV

Not signing until February means Texas will probably have clarity on Ringo before he signs, unless Ringo waits until NSD2 to decide 

3 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

I am old school.  want a Shakey's Pizza.

Since you are old school....

1)  "If you didn't buy it from the Big O, you paid too much!!"

Another appliance store ad (famous UT Law grad)

2) "You don't need money, just a little bit a month." 

• Like 1

Sounds like Eaton shouldn't be considered a commitment at this point based on that Super K article.

“They’re a big family out there. The whole community is a family. It doesn’t matter if you play football or not..out there, everyone is connected no matter what sport you play, no matter if you play sports or not – it’s a big family out there”.

That's cuz they're all related, Josh. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

I am old school.  want a Shakey's Pizza.

Is that the flying pizza off of Hillcroft/Voss pretty close to Westheimer or was that Antonio's? The jaqwondis burns stuff is interesting.

Edited by Bevo

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Is that the flying pizza off of Hillcroft/Voss pretty close to Westheimer or was that Antonio's? The jaqwondis burns stuff is interesting.

Shakey's was on the north side of Westheimer, just east of Hillcroft/Voss.  Near where "Club No Minor" is.  Antonio's was just south of Westheimer on Hillcroft.  We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

1 minute ago, Saint Tacky said:

Shakey's was on the north side of Westheimer, just east of Hillcroft/Voss.  Near where "Club No Minor" is.  Antonio's was just south of Westheimer on Hillcroft.  We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Isn’t Antonio’s still there?  Could have sworn i saw it recently?   Never eaten there.  

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Just an assumption, but I’m assuming Omiere took Wilson’s spot. So cross him off the list. 

IT seemed to think they would still pursue Wilson, Wells did at least. I agree with you, that's logical, but there's been some misdirection from the 9.95ers.

10 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Not saying we have a chance with Wilson, but wouldn't he be the type of guy that they make room for?

It's a low floor for Wilson. He could be Collin Johnson, but earlier. He could also be current Malcolm Epps ad infinitum.

2 hours ago, satyanash said:

How dare y'all criticize $9.95-ers. Without them, where would I go to read insightful conversations like this?

HEY! Gooey butter cake is amazing, and you should thank me for introducing yall to it.

Also, what? Media people aren't allowed to have other interests and fuck around?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

Is club no minor still popular? Brings back memories. Don't think I ever went to Shakey's. We use to go to Mr. Gatti's off of San Felipe.

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Super K on Eaton

***In terms of what’s going to help Josh make a decision he noted that it’ll be the family feeling that he gets and looking for what each school’s plan is for him after football in case his NFL aspirations don’t come true.

Josh is in luck if he chooses Oklahoma. They really take care of their exes up there. He can make meth, mule drugs, sell used cars, drive a dump truck, or beat women if the NFL doesn't pan out. There's a myriad of options.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, MoJames said:

my late night fix

gumby_logo2_400x400.jpg

When I was extra poor and extra hungry, my roommate and I would order the Gumby's Special - 3 giant 1 topping pizzas for $7.99 or $12.99 or whatever it was. I remember eating one and putting the leftovers in the cabinet in Jester because it was too much to fit in the mini fridge. Ate on that for a couple of days.

My favorite to order was Pizza Classics.

spacer.png

• Like 3

not recruiting related, but pizza related.

my buddy would frequently order pizza from the late-night pizza delivery place in chicago at like 4am on his way home from the bar. more than a few times he passed out dead to the world and didn't answer when the pizza guy showed up. They told him he was one more "no-answer" away from the "banned" list. So next time he orders he rigs the downstairs door so it stays open and sits down outside his front door in his boxers with cash in hand. he woke up at like 8am with a cold pizza and his change sitting next to him. But hey, he avoided the banned list...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2