Jump to content
Machinator

2021 QB Jalen Milroe

Recommended Posts

Thanks to @Machinator for this Jalen Milroe quote:

"I’m looking to build the class as a whole, so if that’s going to get the best 11 guys on the defensive side and offensive side I’ll do it. A few guys I can mention is Brandon Campbell, Hayden Conner, Bryce Foster, LJ Johnson, Kendrick Blackshire, Billy Bowman, etc. I’m telling them all this one thing; Texas high school football has been ranked as the number 1 best high school football in the nation. If that’s the case why not stay in Texas and build that as one unit? I feel that Texas is the best place for that."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Thanks to @Machinator for this Jalen Milroe quote:

"I’m looking to build the class as a whole, so if that’s going to get the best 11 guys on the defensive side and offensive side I’ll do it. A few guys I can mention is Brandon Campbell, Hayden Conner, Bryce Foster, LJ Johnson, Kendrick Blackshire, Billy Bowman, etc. I’m telling them all this one thing; Texas high school football has been ranked as the number 1 best high school football in the nation. If that’s the case why not stay in Texas and build that as one unit? I feel that Texas is the best place for that."

trefs2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not an original combatant in the Stone vs. Milroe war, but I'm now a full-fledged Milroe partisan. I really like the ground forces Milroe is commanding and it sounds like he's getting more units moving towards the front. Hell, he's already overwhelmed Stone and before it's all done, he may lead us into Berlin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite honestly, I'd never heard of the kid before this board, and was all Stone. But, after watching this kid a little bit, it's easy to say he's a special player and I couldn't give two fucks about Stone and where he goes. This kid is just perfect. He's gonna lead us to great places. Hook Em, Jalen. 🤘

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Thanks to @Machinator for this Jalen Milroe quote:

"I’m looking to build the class as a whole, so if that’s going to get the best 11 guys on the defensive side and offensive side I’ll do it. A few guys I can mention is Brandon Campbell, Hayden Conner, Bryce Foster, LJ Johnson, Kendrick Blackshire, Billy Bowman, etc. I’m telling them all this one thing; Texas high school football has been ranked as the number 1 best high school football in the nation. If that’s the case why not stay in Texas and build that as one unit? I feel that Texas is the best place for that."

IckyCarefreeEsok-size_restricted.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Milroe appears to be a helluva leader. Persuasive, too. Texas is not that far away from playoff caliber and Milroe is accelerating the transformation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

** DO NOT BE ALARMED **

 

Mike Roach had a short 5 minute interview with Jalen. It was good. I thought y'all might like to hear it. Starts at 38:30.

 

 

https://traffic.megaphone.fm/CBS5768176937.mp3

 

WTF man??   The only reason this is not negged is because your avatar is one of the greatest of all time. In Love Hearts GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Implying there's a good time 

Implying there’s a good but still not great time and now which is absolute horrible time while we are in the middle of decommit mania.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His Jr. year HUDL highlights are up.  I will fight anybody who says he isn't the best player in America.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2Cdcvt


I don't wanna say he's VY, but he's the closest thing I've seen to VY in high school.  That play at 1:56 where he just sits in the pocket for about seven years then flicks his wrist and drops it in the breadbasket ... too good.

 

 

 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

His Jr. year HUDL highlights are up.  I will fight anybody who says he isn't the best player in America.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2Cdcvt


I don't wanna say he's VY, but he's the closest thing I've seen to VY in high school.  That play at 1:56 where he just sits in the pocket for about seven years then flicks his wrist and drops it in the breadbasket ... too good.

 

 

 

thanks for posting the video.  don't know why we have to repeatedly do the whole "he is the next vy" thing every year...

thing that sticks out to me from that video is excellent, excellent footwork for a junior in high school.  his pocket presence and movement within it is very purposeful and efficient.  love that.  he also appears to have pretty solid vision.

exciting prospect.  pumped he is on board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s a good player and more importantly black so obviously we need to compare to VY. 
 

Im anxiously awaiting Card to get to campus so I can watch the next Jason Seahorn in action. 

Edited by Newy25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sidis said:

thanks for posting the video.  don't know why we have to repeatedly do the whole "he is the next vy" thing every year...

 

 

 

Reading comprehension is your friend; I said exactly the opposite.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

 

 

Reading comprehension is your friend; I said exactly the opposite.  

no you didn't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This full season video is exactly the type of late winter Kool Aid I didn't know I needed.  The effortless 50 yard bombs, the head up while dodging defenders like the Matrix.  Good lord this kid is badass.  During the HS all star games and in the offseason, there have been little video snippets of Milroe in passing drills and in those videos it looks like the ball springs out of his hand.  You can practically hear the whirring of the ball traveling through air.    3 QBs in a two year span doesn't get much better than JQJ, Card, and St. Milroe.

He is his own player -- polished and expert command like 90% of the time but with a high capacity for pulling off the wildass wtf play the other 10% -- but I'll admit there is that one clip of him dropping back and seeing the hole open up, and in that moment when he digs in and tilts his body forward to run, yes, I see the resemblance -- something about the anticipation in that moment, thinking to yourself, fuck yeah, he's about to carve them up with his feet.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Ben Ficus said:

This full season video is exactly the type of late winter Kool Aid I didn't know I needed.  The effortless 50 yard bombs, the head up while dodging defenders like the Matrix.  Good lord this kid is badass.  During the HS all star games and in the offseason, there have been little video snippets of Milroe in passing drills and in those videos it looks like the ball springs out of his hand.  You can practically hear the whirring of the ball traveling through air.    3 QBs in a two year span doesn't get much better than JQJ, Card, and St. Milroe.

He is his own player -- polished and expert command like 90% of the time but with a high capacity for pulling off the wildass wtf play the other 10% -- but I'll admit there is that one clip of him dropping back and seeing the hole open up, and in that moment when he digs in and tilts his body forward to run, yes, I see the resemblance -- something about the anticipation in that moment, thinking to yourself, fuck yeah, he's about to carve them up with his feet.

 

 

But aggy told me he's black Chad Pennington?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't felt obliged to compare any QBs to VY. I'm not close to being an expert on judging film, but I do remember Vince's film.

Vince did what he did surrounded by far less talent than Milroe. Even so, I have to say that Milroe's stride, poise, and vision throughout the play is the most exciting I've seen since watching Vince's senior tape. I think this is the first time since then that I've actually watched an entire reel of highlights.

I don't know if he'll be VY in college. He could be better. He could never start. I don't think I could ask for much more from junior film.

I'm excited. Thanks for posting the video. I can see why other players want to follow him here.

Hook 'Em!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really see VY, but I see far more Deshaun Watson in this guy than I've ever seen in Haynes King (his comp while he was blowing up this past summer)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ben Ficus said:

This full season video is exactly the type of late winter Kool Aid I didn't know I needed.  The effortless 50 yard bombs, the head up while dodging defenders like the Matrix.  Good lord this kid is badass.  During the HS all star games and in the offseason, there have been little video snippets of Milroe in passing drills and in those videos it looks like the ball springs out of his hand.  You can practically hear the whirring of the ball traveling through air.    3 QBs in a two year span doesn't get much better than JQJ, Card, and St. Milroe.

He is his own player -- polished and expert command like 90% of the time but with a high capacity for pulling off the wildass wtf play the other 10% -- but I'll admit there is that one clip of him dropping back and seeing the hole open up, and in that moment when he digs in and tilts his body forward to run, yes, I see the resemblance -- something about the anticipation in that moment, thinking to yourself, fuck yeah, he's about to carve them up with his feet.

 

 

who does he remind you of? say it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

who does he remind you of? say it.

I won't tell you who he reminds me of. But he reminds me of someone whose name rhymes with Skyler Furry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2020 at 10:48 AM, Newy25 said:

He’s a good player and more importantly black so obviously we need to compare to VY. 
 

Im anxiously awaiting Card to get to campus so I can watch the next Jason Seahorn in action. 

LOL, I'm old enough to remember when Kyle Shanahan transferred here from Duke and people on the message boards wanted to call him "corch on the field" because of his race. Ha! How'd that work out for him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

who does he remind you of? say it.

In the one clip I described when Milroe sees the waters parting and in an instant his body tilts forward, yes, that reminded me of Vince Young.  Something about that moment of decision and the immediate body tilt forward.  It reminded me of the game winner, Titans at Houston Texans, and He had the long walk off touchdown run.

I don't know QBs well enough outside of Texas/Big 12 (honestly, I don't know football all that well, period.).  Who possesses the same surgical aptitude, the precision missile arm strength and the dangerous wheels? 

Was Tua this good against comparable competition?  I'll go with Tua or maybe Case McCoy.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

don't know if he'll be VY in college He could be better. 

Is_such_a_thing_even_possible.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...