Jump to content
texifornia

Josh Moore heading to court - weapons possession

Recommended Posts

Not a gun guy so I'm ignorant. Why is that? Seems dangerous. 

Like brat said, it’s a paperweight otherwise. Normally you won’t have time to chamber a round if you need it. Plus, it usually takes two hands to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:


Like brat said, it’s a paperweight otherwise. Normally you won’t have time to chamber a round if you need it. Plus, it usually takes two hands to do so.
 

Lots of people carry this way, especially with Glocks or other handguns that don't have a secondary safety. It's called Israeli carry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lots of people carry this way, especially with Glocks or other handguns that don't have a secondary safety. It's called Israeli carry. 

Yes I know it’s called that. The Israelis practice the hell out of chambering a round before they draw. It’s pretty wild to me.

What are you considering a secondary safety? A manual one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

That HALO shit sounds illegal as hell

 

1 hour ago, Lat22 said:

Holy shit. This. 

You think surveillance cameras mounted above the streets is illegal?

There is no reasonable expectation of privacy in a public place.

Dumbasses like Josh Moore are why they are there.

Edited by 4th and 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:


Yes I know it’s called that. The Israelis practice the hell out of chambering a round before they draw. It’s pretty wild to me.

What are you considering a secondary safety? A manual one?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 4th and 5 said:

 

You think surveillance cameras mounted above the streets is illegal?

There is no reasonable expectation of privacy in a public place.

Dumbasses like Josh Moore are why they are there.

I have my LTC. If I decide that I want to step in between two cars and charge my weapon, it’s not illegal and I don’t need cops descending on me with guns drawn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

I have my LTC. If I decide that I want to step in between two cars and charge my weapon, it’s not illegal and I don’t need cops descending on me with guns drawn. 

That's a different argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,[a] against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

From the text, and as interpreted, you are not secure from search, seizure, or surveillance in a public location, but only in places where you have a reasonable expectation of privacy.

Is it creepy?  Fuck yeah.  Unconstitutional? Not even close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'all some funny motherfuckers, carrying around a pocket-size computer with a mic or two, camera or two, GPS locator, and a multi-frequency radio - all of which can be accessed and turned on remotely, able to listen to your voice and other sounds around you, able to take still and video images, able to record your location (accurate to at least about 30 feet)... and able to transmit all of those, pretty much anytime... and you pay for the whole thing yourselves. And then you worry about more cameras and microphones being pointed at you? 

Keep up the good work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lat22 said:

I have my LTC. If I decide that I want to step in between two cars and charge my weapon, it’s not illegal and I don’t need cops descending on me with guns drawn. 

If you have an LTC it has to be either concealed or WORN in a belt or shoulder mounted holster. Taking it out of the holster to do something with it in a public place could be illegal unless justified under Ch 8 or 9 of the Penal Code

is taking it out to swap mags or something in a public place:

intentionally displays the handgun in plain view of another person in a public place” PC 46.035

It could be probable cause...you gotta be careful or you could end up having a jury decide at substantial expense  

For instance it is illegal to have a firearm in plain view in your car in a holster if the holster is not being worn at the time. PC 46.02. 

Edited by 4th and 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

If you have an LTC it has to be either concealed or WORN in a belt or shoulder mounted holster. Taking it out of the holster to do something with it in a public place could be illegal unless justified under Ch 8 or 9 of the Penal Code

is taking it out to swap mags or something in a public place:

intentionally displays the handgun in plain view of another person in a public place” PC 46.035

It could be probable cause...you gotta be careful or you could end up having a jury decide at substantial expense  

For instance it is illegal to have a firearm in plain view in your car in a holster if the holster is not being worn at the time. PC 46.02. 

Yeah, you are asking for trouble even with a license if you pull it out like that. 

I've got an LTC as well and I'll be damned if my pistol is removed from my holder unless I'm storing it or about to use it. Not to mention pulling a gun out in public then interacting with cops is a huge roll of the dice as to whether you get shot or not, add a multiplier if you are a person of color. Josh is lucky he wasn't shot during his apprehension. Such a stupid thing to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, 4th and 5 said:

If you have an LTC it has to be either concealed or WORN in a belt or shoulder mounted holster. Taking it out of the holster to do something with it in a public place could be illegal unless justified under Ch 8 or 9 of the Penal Code

is taking it out to swap mags or something in a public place:

intentionally displays the handgun in plain view of another person in a public place” PC 46.035

It could be probable cause...you gotta be careful or you could end up having a jury decide at substantial expense  

For instance it is illegal to have a firearm in plain view in your car in a holster if the holster is not being worn at the time. PC 46.02. 

Interesting. I’d never have to pull it out to chamber one. It’s always ready to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Lots of people carry this way, especially with Glocks or other handguns that don't have a secondary safety. It's called Israeli carry. 

when I'm deployed we (USAF) carry ours chambered, but then again thats Afghanistan and not austin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, my understanding of condition 1 carry would require the firearm to have a manual safety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Y'all some funny motherfuckers, carrying around a pocket-size computer with a mic or two, camera or two, GPS locator, and a multi-frequency radio - all of which can be accessed and turned on remotely, able to listen to your voice and other sounds around you, able to take still and video images, able to record your location (accurate to at least about 30 feet)... and able to transmit all of those, pretty much anytime... and you pay for the whole thing yourselves. And then you worry about more cameras and microphones being pointed at you? 

Keep up the good work. 

My tin foil hat protects me from all of the above. Highly recommend.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

My tin foil hat protects me from all of the above. Highly recommend.  

Chuck? You need to put on the space blanket...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saturday update per ESPN:  "He had a court date scheduled for Thursday, though the Dallas Morning News, citing Travis County court records, reported that had been moved to Sept. 23."  

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27408591/texas-wr-moore-faces-charges-carrying-gun

If court hearing truly is Sept 23rd, Josh might not even have a shot to be eligible till West Virginia game in early October, missing at least 4 games.

Edited by LTtxfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 4th and 5 said:

If you have an LTC it has to be either concealed or WORN in a belt or shoulder mounted holster. Taking it out of the holster to do something with it in a public place could be illegal unless justified under Ch 8 or 9 of the Penal Code

is taking it out to swap mags or something in a public place:

intentionally displays the handgun in plain view of another person in a public place” PC 46.035

It could be probable cause...you gotta be careful or you could end up having a jury decide at substantial expense  

For instance it is illegal to have a firearm in plain view in your car in a holster if the holster is not being worn at the time. PC 46.02. 

You don’t have to hide a gun in your car, holstered or not. A car is considered your house and falls under warrant rules discussed previously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2019 at 3:14 PM, Newy25 said:

The Glock does not have a typical safety. It uses a trigger safety which is even more of a dumbass reason not to put it in your pants. Not to mention the extended clip and not even being old enough to get a CHL.  Just winning all the way around. 

It would not bother me at all if he had to sit out this entire year. 

What’s wrong with an extended mag?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You don’t have to hide a gun in your car, holstered or not. A car is considered your house and falls under warrant rules discussed previously.

You can’t have a handgun in plain sight in your vehicle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

when I'm deployed we (USAF) carry ours chambered, but then again thats Afghanistan and not austin 

Your chances of getting shot in Austin are higher than they are in Afghanistan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

What’s wrong with an extended mag?

They tend to jam the pistol more frequently (failure to feed the round to the chamber).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Saturday update per ESPN:  "He had a court date scheduled for Thursday, though the Dallas Morning News, citing Travis County court records, reported that had been moved to Sept. 23."  

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27408591/texas-wr-moore-faces-charges-carrying-gun

If court hearing truly is Sept 23rd, Josh might not even have a shot to be eligible till West Virginia game in early October, missing at least 4 games.

Too bad, but he f’d up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, deft said:

FWIW, my understanding of condition 1 carry would require the firearm to have a manual safety.

Not a requirement in most states. A handful do require manual safeties regardless if the gun is carried in condition 1. So some pistols are manufactured with or without them to meet state regulations. Texas does not require manual safeties on semiauto handguns. California & Massachusetts do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who is dumb enough to carry a loaded glock in their pants shouldn't own a pistol.  Great way to shoot yourself in the ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm honestly not sure what to make of this, from a team perspective.  Is it galactically stupid?  Yes.  But no one was hurt and there was no violence.

I can be pretty prudish about these athlete crimes, but somehow this doesn't twist me off too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alien Octopus said:

You don’t have to hide a gun in your car, holstered or not. A car is considered your house and falls under warrant rules discussed previously.

Do you want to be arrested for UCW, because this is how you’re arrested for UCW. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,[a] against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

From the text, and as interpreted, you are not secure from search, seizure, or surveillance in a public location, but only in places where you have a reasonable expectation of privacy.

Is it creepy?  Fuck yeah.  Unconstitutional? Not even close.

nm

Edited by Chopper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chopper said:

If you're going to quote the 2nd amendment maybe try to get the whole thing in there. 

Not sure if srs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Your chances of getting shot in Austin are higher than they are in Afghanistan.

I live in Los Angeles   come at me bro 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...