Joshua Moore might be gone

texifornia

5 hours ago, kevwun said:

Anyone who is dumb enough to carry a loaded glock in their pants shouldn't own a pistol.  Great way to shoot yourself in the ass.

Loaded Glock only goes off if you fiddle

fuck the trigger when you pull it.  Have had a Walther with a  similar trigger/safety for years with no issues.

20 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Wonder if this week be a suspended one game at a time situation. Then if and when he's found guilty he's dismissed. 

Although I don't see how he gets out of at least pleading guilty at last this way Herman can tell his players he waited until a verdict. 

Anyone know Josh personally and can share more info??  Josh previously lost an older brother to suicide.  Carrying a gun shows poor judgement and possibly other issues. May be a cry for help.  Hope Josh is currently  getting counseling ...

After verdict, Josh might either: a) portal out or b) not play in 2019 and redshirt if Herman/CDC decide he should get another chance.

Fyi:  Interesting comments from Saban on punishing players and 2nd chances

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 8

Dumb decision. Really dumb decision. I don't want people who are making decisions that are that bad and potentially that serious on the football team I root for. That said, Saban has a good point. There is an opportunity here for a life lesson that could be very beneficial to Josh and his family/future family. I guess I leave it with Herman to make a decision as to whether this was a bad decision by an ok guy who has a future to be a good/great person, or a bad person making decisions that impact him and other teammates negatively and isn't worth a second chance.

I'd hope for something as serious as it sounds like this is, a suspension for the entire year would be the minimum. If he's kicked off the team, that isn't going to bother me either. I'm guessing, as Huck said above, TH waits for the guilty decision to kick him off the team. I do hope, whatever decision is made, Josh gets some help and makes better decisions going forward and is successful. He certainly has talent.

• Like 1

Anyone know Josh personally and can share more info??  Josh previously lost an older brother to suicide.  Carrying a gun shows poor judgement and possibly other issues. May be a cry for help.  Hope Josh is currently  getting counseling ...
After verdict, Josh might either: a) portal out or b) not play in 2019 and redshirt if Herman/CDC decide he should get another chance.

I hate people not having any consequences for their inappropriate behavior, but at the same time in the age of social media we have to give kids a second chance. The problem occurs when second chances or a lack of consequences lead to a broad culture of bad behavior. We have both problems right now, not enough second chances and too many chances. We need balance.

17 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

I’m all for 2nd chances.

But fuck, man.  Carrying a loaded handgun, with a 30 round clip...and chambering a round on 6th street is galactically stupid.  

What was his intention?  Protection? Robbery?  I guess it will all come out at some point.  

I doubt the intent and background ever really become public.  We'll see I guess.  Think the fan base will just need to trust Herman's judgment on this one whichever way it goes.

14 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

I’m all for 2nd chances.

But fuck, man.  Carrying a loaded handgun, with a 30 round clip...and chambering a round on 6th street is galactically stupid.  

What was his intention?  Protection? Robbery?  I guess it will all come out at some point.  

If you aren't going to have a round chambered, there's no reason to carry it.

If it were robbery, kick him off the team. In this case, suspension for a few games and, more importantly, a mandatory gun-safety course.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

22 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

He's right, but that's how you end up coaching at Mount Vernon.

Bad take. Briles covered up all the shit in his program because he knew there would be no redemption. Making the offense known and punishing the player accordingly is completely different. 

Edited by Eggo
  • Like 2

I know Howe was reporting that Moore was gone but seems unlikely. What's the hold up? Moore would have already been gone if they were kicking him off the team. The response is probably "they're waiting on the court decision" but a misdemeanor charge is all Herman needs to have an out for giving him a 2nd chance. 

I say a 2 to 4 game suspension. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

I think his punishment should be determined by his reason for carrying in the first place.  If CDC and Herman think he was carrying for protection then a few games suspension may be all that is warranted.  If they think he was carrying to perform a robbery or any other criminal act that a full year suspension or dismissal is warranted.

I tend to err toward leniency is these types of situations but it should be conditional. Herman needs to sit down with the young man and try to glean the truth out of him. If Moore is forth-right and remorseful, keep him. Suspend him for the season, monitor him, and make sure he knows that if there are any more incidents, he's gone. If something comes out during the legal process that indicates he's lying or if Herman gets the sense that the player is not telling him the truth in this the most dire of situations, shit can him. There is a chance for redemption if there is an understanding of right and wrong and the maturity to keep it on the straight and narrow moving forward. Not so if it is obvious that this could continue and even escalate to something else. 

Maybe it's not that easy but Saban is right - I'd rather Moore learn from his mistake, stay on campus and make positive strides in his life. 

Edited by ConferenceRoom

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

I don't know how hard saban was with his guy. I do know how hard my drill sergeants were with me for a prank I pulled when I wiped another guy's pillowcase on my ass and pissed in his shoe. I do know that it wasn't fun and I should've probably been kicked out. It was stupid of me to even think of pulling that shit. Idk what was going through Moore's head when he felt he needed a gun for whatever reason. Speaking for myself, I wanted to do something that would prove to my friends that I belonged. I'm thankful that the leadership over me had the sense to take my dumbass under their wing and mentor me. The ability to lead men is in rare supply these days. I hope Joshua Moore is able to find a better path in his life than one that takes him down the road of needing a gun for any situation he may find himself in. I sure found a better path than pulling stupid high school pranks and I thank the men and women that helped me find it.

13 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Wiping your ass on a pillow case and pissing in a shoe is gross, but it won’t kill anyone. There’s no reason to be walking around with a 30 round magazine that doesn’t involve intent to do serious bodily harm or kill someone

Well, there is also playin' gangsta, which may well end in serious bodily harm or death.  But I'm not sure the intention is fully formed.  Depends on whether he had these sights installed:

glock_gangsta_homeboy_night_sights.jpg&f

Jests aside, there is ample room for this to remain firmly on the side of galactically stupid without crossing the murderous mayhem bridge.  But I think trying to ascertain which side of the bridge it was actually on and punishing accordingly is a hazardous business.

That he was apprehended before any mayhem or threatened mayhem ensued is probably a good sign (meaning, he didn't skin his smoke wagon and immediately try to turn anyone's head into a canoe).

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

giphy.gif

I admit. It was fucking gross. And when I did it, I recognized that I was choosing to follow through with a bad idea. It was a shitbag thing to do. If I'm being honest, I knew I wasn't doing anything that would do any real harm. I grew up with FAR worse. But if you feel you need to crucify anyone,  then crucify me. When push came to shove and shit got real, owned up to everything i did. I even got accused of pouring bbq sauce from Vienna sausage into his other shoe. That I didn't do. However, I did rectify the things I did do.

2 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

I don't know how hard saban was with his guy. I do know how hard my drill sergeants were with me for a prank I pulled when I wiped another guy's pillowcase on my ass and pissed in his shoe. I do know that it wasn't fun and I should've probably been kicked out. It was stupid of me to even think of pulling that shit. Idk what was going through Moore's head when he felt he needed a gun for whatever reason. Speaking for myself, I wanted to do something that would prove to my friends that I belonged. I'm thankful that the leadership over me had the sense to take my dumbass under their wing and mentor me. The ability to lead men is in rare supply these days. I hope Joshua Moore is able to find a better path in his life than one that takes him down the road of needing a gun for any situation he may find himself in. I sure found a better path than pulling stupid high school pranks and I thank the men and women that helped me find it.

damn, Charles Haley posts here

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

There’s no reason to be walking around with a 30 round magazine that doesn’t involve intent to do serious bodily harm or kill someone

I'm a bleeding heart criminal defense attorney and surly gun nut. I'm willing to look the other way at times if that means longhorn nation is back. I was looking forward to Josh's contribution to the team. He clearly has the ability to start.

But I can't get past what is alleged. There is no reason that is acceptable. It shows incredibly bad judgment and is indicative of a character we do not want associated with our athletic program.  

He let his teammates down. And the team needs to know there are consequences for bad choices, and that they are enforced.

Some choices you make, you just can't come back from.

He needs to be gone, permanently.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

I'm a bleeding heart criminal defense attorney and surly gun nut. I'm willing to look the other way at times if that means longhorn nation is back. I was looking forward to Josh's contribution to the team. He clearly has the ability to start.

But I can't get past what is alleged. There is no reason that is acceptable. It shows incredibly bad judgment and is indicative of a character we do not want associated with our athletic program.  

He let his teammates down. And the team needs to know there are consequences for bad choices, and that they are enforced.

Interesting take.  Former juvenile prosecutor and also a gun nut.  I'm not sure there are any extenuating circumstances that could allow me to think that this was just a dumb mistake you can recover from.  If you life was threatened, don't go to that location.  To have a loaded Glock with a 30 round magazine on your person can only mean you were on the offensive, not just protecting yourself.  I can only see it as he was fixing to kill someone, maybe several people.  Maybe I'm wrong and I certainly hope I am.  I trust that our Coach will handle it appropriately and show leniency if it is warranted.   

1 minute ago, Zone Read said:

Interesting take.  Former juvenile prosecutor and also a gun nut.  I'm not sure there are any extenuating circumstances that could allow me to think that this was just a dumb mistake you can recover from.  If you life was threatened, don't go to that location.  To have a loaded Glock with a 30 round magazine on your person can only mean you were on the offensive, not just protecting yourself.  I can only see it as he was fixing to kill someone, maybe several people.  Maybe I'm wrong and I certainly hope I am.  I trust that our Coach will handle it appropriately and show leniency if it is warranted.   

i think you're wrong and out of touch. 6th street is dangerous and kids these days are obsessed with "sticks" on their guns. you can chalk that up to hip hop. it doesn't mean he was going on the offensive. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

i think you're wrong and out of touch. 6th street is dangerous and kids these days are obsessed with "sticks" on their guns. you can chalk that up to hip hop. it doesn't mean he was going on the offensive. 

Yeah, as alluded to earlier with the homeboy nyte sytes, I tend to think the origins of this were some dumbass wannabe gangsta bullshit, not a bona fide intent to shoot anyone.  It's just a extra- extra-stupid and macho version of playing with guns.

Now, God knows that dumbass wannabe gangsta bullshit has led to a lot of death and mayhem, and it might be justifiable to kick a kid off the team for engaging in it, which I think is the genesis of the "no guns" rule.

39 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Still blaming rap..

I wouldn't mind kicking off the team since it is a violation of team rules.
But if a second chance is presented then suspended him the entire year, with required counseling and shit tons of community service. 
I predicted a few months ago he would have a breakout year, if this happens it will screw all of it up.

Your first and last sentence is extremely contradictory. Choose a side.

12 minutes ago, markstanco said:
9 hours ago, 4th and 5 said:

Read more  

Your first and last sentence is extremely contradictory. Choose a side.

No they aren’t. He’s saying that even though he’s a bleeding heart criminal defense attorney that he thinks Moore’s actions are egregious enough to warrant kicking him off the team. He picked the side of punishing Moore strongly. Everybody understood that except you. 

• Like 5

Lol the magazine size arguement is sounding like one of those idiots saying "Fully semi automatic"! Who cares the fucking clip size. I've seen dudes in my frat carrying full auto uzis under their seats in their truck because they had rich daddies and thought it was cool.

Dumbfuck move, but the kid probably just doesn't know much about guns and an extendo clip is part of the badassedness of carrying. 

I'd be fine with a slap upside the head and 4 to 6 game suspension. I don't think the intent to do anything was there just dumbass being hard like the kewl mumble rap tells em to be.

bhh5ifccyaqdadq.jpeg

1375151940_rick-ross-motorsport-jordan.j

• immamac changed the title to Josh Moore - Redemption Tour