Popeye's chicken sandwich

Mojo Hand

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

I was gifted a small deep fryer and I like it a lot better than the old skillet method. My first trial run with chicken strips would make Raising Canes or any of those other joints suck my dick

seems like peanut butter would be cheaper and less likely to burn

Edited by elfenix
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2019 at 9:50 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:
On 9/5/2019 at 6:06 PM, TonyTexas said:
I like Popeye’s and hit up their Tuesday special about once a month. $1.49 for a thigh and drumstick. Last time I went, I swear one of the thighs was a back piece. That’s some shady shit.

I'll probably get banned for this but chicken thighs suck

White people are the worst and @Al_4_ISU this is what people talk about when they talk about midwest food (void in Chicago). You better correct your cousins.

I had one. Substantially better than Chik-Fil-A. Not worth waiting twenty minutes for one, though.

Thirty minutes after opening, the employees looked ready to revolt. 

And about five guys in line who looked like this:

20191103_135330.jpg

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2019 at 10:58 AM, Deej said:

The reintroduction will be met with crickets. They missed the window to capitalize on it. 

Went to the Popeyes in Cedar Park at 11:15ish. About a dozen people waiting who already ordered, plus a full drive thru. Everyone was ordering the chicken sandwich. Heard a cook say that a car had just ordered 10 sandwiches, and heard another guy in line say he was doing the same thing. I left. Not worth that wait.

In summations, you were way off. 

Yeah, I went at around 11:30. Parking lot was full, 3 cars in the drive through. Service was shockingly fast and efficient, all in I was there 5 minutes maybe. While similar to chick fil a, it had a much stronger pickle flavor/aroma. The spicy wasn’t very, but it had infinitely more texture than cfa, though it was just slightly less moist. Fine, not earth-shattering. The universe where it could be as consistent as cfa is not ours, but I don’t go to Popeyes for sandwiches or consistency or good service or very often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So had to have one of these hyped-little devils. Went to the one on Manchaca and Slaughter. Drive thru line was winding on to Manchaca but only one car that deep so I said ok. Thought about parking and going in like I do at busy chic fil as, but the parking lot at this location is a nightmare even when the drive through isn’t full and I didn’t want to get blocked in. 

Well, of course Mrs Tailgate wanted chicken...not the chicken sandwich. So, grabbed a decent amount of food and when I got home realized they left out the sandwiches. Rookie move by me for not checking but I had a massive bag of fried shit and figured it had to be in there.

Went back and learned something interesting. My youngest doesn’t like spicy so a couple of the sandwiches I had ordered were “regular.” Well, apparently for the sandwich, the spice is in the sauce/spread they put on it and not in the fry like the pieces of chicken.

Thought it was solid and do like the crunch...and Popeyes is by far my favorite fast-food chicken...but I’m still a fan of the chic fil a sandwich...likely because four of them saved my life at a golf tournament.

22 hours ago, crainiac said:

Yeah, I went at around 11:30. Parking lot was full, 3 cars in the drive through. Service was shockingly fast and efficient, all in I was there 5 minutes maybe. While similar to chick fil a, it had a much stronger pickle flavor/aroma. The spicy wasn’t very, but it had infinitely more texture than cfa, though it was just slightly less moist. Fine, not earth-shattering. The universe where it could be as consistent as cfa is not ours, but I don’t go to Popeyes for sandwiches or consistency or good service or very often.

Man that’s a lot of words just for an excuse to use “moist”