Justin Trudeau is a Piece of Shit

Anastasis

12 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Sounds like we got enough evidence at this point to throw Ivanka's paramour under the bus.

justin_trudeau_yearbook_05.jpg?w=800&qua

59 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

trudeau_blackface_still.jpg?quality=70&s

He really committed to the Aladdin blackface. No white around the eyes. Hands fully black. It's like he got the makeup artist who did Robert Downey Jr for Tropic Thunder. His other effort was amateurish. 

Also the only reason to go that dark for Aladdin is pure racism. Aladdin's skin tone is about like the Asian girl's in the photo. 

Also 2001. You didn't know it was racist then. Right. Just step the fuck down already. It's not even a left/right divide really. It's rich white prep school kids from all across the political spectrum that do shit like this or the shit Kavanaugh and Trump did. Fuck em all. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

let's think through your scenario for a quick minute.

say your 10 year old son goes to school or for halloween with the 42 and bat, but no black face and no wig. when people ask him who he is, does he say "i'm trying to be jackie robinson, but my asshole dad wouldn't let me put on the blackface and the black wig."

how do you feel about him saying that, vs actually letting him don the blackface and the black wig? which side of that hypothetical would you rather be on?

let's now take a look at trudeau. he could have pulled off that costume without the brown face. he was doing that o be provocative and/or funny. congratulations. goal achieved.

sometimes confident people confidently do stupid shit.

Nothing wrong with 42, bat, and a wig. Definitely no go on black face though. But Hair appropriation proponents piss me off. Fucking dumbasses. 

The more pics coming out of him as a dumbass 19yr old are harder to defend/or not care about but taken into consideration with his overall actions now that he is an adult, still not all that upset. Yet. I can be persuaded though. I will admit he seems like an open minded person (before these pics) at least towards immigrants and lgbtq rights, but what’s his record on racial issues?

Has he acted like someone who has stood up for minority rights since he has been in power? If he has, he should apologize and people should move on. What does the Canadian public get out of it by having him resign? If he hasn’t, then fuck him, it’s a clear pattern. But I do agree that that costume could have been done without the brown face.

4 hours ago, Asithappens said:

All the dipshits who get so butthurt over this just show the moderates that the left really are a bunch of woke morons.

I mean, if I do give enough of a shit to look into this a couple of weeks from now and it is still a big issue I reserve the right to be butthurt woke moron then.

For the record, in 5th grade I was Jessie Owens for a hero report. I did not wear blackface, just a USA jersey, shorts, and my L.A. Gear kicks with a fake gold medal. 

I am not a racist like so many of this worlds (international and local) leaders seem to be.

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

For the record, in 5th grade I was Jessie Owens for a hero report. I did not wear blackface, just a USA jersey, shorts, and my L.A. Gear kicks with a fake gold medal. 

I am not a racist like so many of this worlds (international and local) leaders seem to be.

What is a racist to you? 

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

Sure are A LOT of the usual suspects who seem to care more about JT wearing brown face once than...y'know, an entire political party in the United States being self-admitted white supremacists. 

Good try on the minimization.  Well, not really...

Justin Trudeau Says He Didn't Remember Blackface and Brownface Photos and Admits There Could Be More

https://time.com/5681605/justin-trudeau-blackface-more-photos/

10 hours ago, Jhawk said:

The response this is getting on this board is about how you’d expect. Only in America would this be ok for some people and not ok for others of the same race. Really shows the priority of the day is outrage against political foe and not political correctness. 

One might also say that Americans don't care much because, oh I don't know, he is the PM of Canada? 

The Canadian PM is just as dumb/racist for doing brownface back in the day as any American politician is for doing blackface. It's Canadians' job to hold him accountable for it. 

4 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

For the record, in Juco I dressed up like an Arab sheikh. No black/brown/tan face because I had read Seven Pillars of Wisdom and just went for the White Boy Lawrence of Arabia look. Had some real Arabs approve of the gear. I believe they would have followed me against the Turks.

I'd follow you against the Turks. But only if I didn't have to wear black face.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gmr548 said:

One might also say that Americans don't care much because, oh I don't know, he is the PM of Canada? 

The Canadian PM is just as dumb/racist for doing brownface back in the day as any American politician is for doing blackface. It's Canadians' job to hold him accountable for it. 

Exactly. It's almost as if we have bigger issues to deal with south of the 49th parallel.

• Like 1

OK, I got some theatre background make-up recon from Mrs. Canecutter, who was Big in Pennsylvania High School Drama in the 80s.

Mrs. Canecutter's grandparents were all from Europe, but thanks to a hearty admixture of ethnic Magyars, she is often mistaken by Meskins for a Meskin. (Magyars, aka Hungarians, were originally Siberians who said "Fuck the Bering Straits, we want Strudel," and ended up parked next to Austria.)

Mrs. Canecutter played a "Spicy Latina" in West Side Story. All the girls who had brown hair were also cast as Latina. None were put in brownface, with one exception-- the lead singer, a blonde, had her hair dyed black and brownface make-up applied. One less gubernatorial candidate. The blonde chicks (probably mostly Krauts) were cast as Irish Jets.

The leading men were all put in Leading Man make-up, a ruddy tan. Leading Ladies got "Leading Lady" make-up, bright pink. The legacy of Atlantian colonisation lived on.

Later, Mrs. Canecutter twice wore whiteface-- as Aunt Eller in Oklahoma, and Old Mrs. Savage in Curious Savage. Whiteface and painted wrinkles combined for Agist effect, which y'all don't think about now, which sets y'all up for political ruin in 2068.

Edited by RDCanecutter

This issue cracks me up when it's a D or lefty in the crosshairs. You get right-wingers pearl-clutching and acting all faux-outraged and some lefties trying to excuse it away as "youthful indiscretions" or whatever.

For me, this one is just stupid and illustrates how Americans think our standard of what is or is not universally racially offensive should apply everywhere. Canada has a much different racial history than we do and it is for Canadians to judge how serious this is using their standards, not ours. What we Americans of any color or political persuasion think about this shit just does not matter. 

• Like 3

On 9/19/2019 at 10:20 AM, pyrohornIII said:

Say your 10 year old son idolizes Jackie Robinson and wants to dress as him for Halloween.  Problem is your son is a pasty white ginger, and he wants to be realistic as possible.  Do you let him use the makeup?   Wear a wig?  His argument is the 42 and bat is not enough.  Valid point.   How do you explain to him he can't do this, but he can dress as the tin man and go with silver face?

This wasn't what we normally associate blackface with, this was a guy trying to pull off something more like a genie, or Valentino, not Sambo.  I think we should judge it case by case as to what they are trying to represent, not just do the knee jerk mob reaction.  Then you could argue it was a racist gesture towards Arabs, and have solid footing. 

I'm going to reserve judgement until someone gives me further background on this event and why he went like that.  

Why does it seem like it's only white people who have difficulty figuring this out? How many nonwhite people are there who dress up as white characters and feel the need to paint there entire body in some sort of beige makeup to feign realism?  Is it that difficult to see yourselves in someone else of another race without painting your entire fucking body? 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

Why does it seem like it's only white people who have difficulty figuring this out? How many nonwhite people are there who dress up as white characters and feel the need to paint there entire body in some sort of beige makeup to feign realism?  Is it that difficult to see yourselves in someone else of another race without painting your entire fucking body? 
"I'm buying the newspaper."b2e229590403efe950d8848a8134fa92.jpg
  • Like 1

rac·ist
/ˈrāsəst/
noun
  1. a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

Not completely sure how black, brown, red, or white face is “racist” if there was no derogation exhibited or intended. Obviously I understand if someone comes out with overtly negative stereotypes or caricatures that some would be offended, but mimicking skin color, hair, clothing, etc. is always “racist”? Will (non-trans) men playing women or vice versa for acting or costumes be outlawed too as sexist? If a non-cripple plays Tiny Tim or someone in a wheel chair, is that bigotry towards the handicapped?

On 9/19/2019 at 8:24 AM, Jhawk said:

I don’t think anyone is talking about wearing cultural garb. The issue is JT painted his face as a costume. Just like it has been an issue for many in the United States. The difference is, when some people do it their entire careers should be ended. When others do it we should make light of it or just look the other way. 

He's lost my vote

On 9/19/2019 at 4:02 PM, Jhawk said:

I’m guessing no one in your 5th grade knew who the fuck you were supposed to be. 

• 1 month later...