The Roger Stone Trial

Hugo Stiglitz

11 hours ago, zork said:

Susan McDougal

Quote: @Anastasis

The power has been abused by almost every recent administration, but this is a uniquely egregious abuse. And we should not do away with the power. 

Susan McDougal got a full pardon for refusing to testify against Bill Clinton by Bill Clinton for protecting Bill Clinton.  So Trump's clemency for Stone's punishment phase is arguably less egregious than Clinton's full pardon McDougal.  Stone's deal is clearly not unprecedented.

Did you consider the fact that McDougal spent 2 years in prison or no?

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, zork said:

ok.  @immamac ban me.  It's been a long run.  Echo away.

15 hours ago, zork said:

Was that the dude on hornfans? 

I'm not worried about it.  I don't think there are any outstanding issues with my posts as I leave. 

Not having UT sports will make it easier to go and now is a good time.  One less idoit to tolerate.   

Stone'sbackNixon.jpg

Stop acting like a bitch.  You're crying and quitting a message board because people are calling you out for defending the president's blatant corruption?  Put on your big boy pants and come back when you sober up.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Of course Trump isn't commuting death penalties or undoing miscarriages of justice. He doesn't give a shit about any of that.

And really, he is only getting started on pardoning people for personal gain. Just wait til December when he actually starts bargaining.  How many convicted Russian spies do we have?

Well, he did give a shit about like three people, when Kim K got some press and he thought it might get him some black votes.

Kind of like CJ Reform that he got Moscow Mitch off the dime on.  I understand he's still bitching at Kush about it because it didn't make all black people love him.

Edited by TwiceHorn

10 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

When you go too far and lose “The National Review”......

The National Review has been critical of Trump since the beginning. They didn't go down the path of Bill Kristol and the Never Trumpers but they will often call out Trump for violating Constitutional or Conservative norms. I am not a fan of Conservatism but I do respect the fact that many from the NR have managed to remain moored to their principles in this era of insanity.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I have no idea what any of this means.

I guess they have to submit the paperwork that Stone's sentence was commuted instead of just tweeting that it is. But they can't commute the  sentence unless Stone has started serving his sentence and also can't commute if the conviction is being appealed. So submit the paperwork for something they can't technically do or pardon instead, and admit guilt. 

Of course this is my understanding based on various Twitter replies so it's probably all wrong.....having said that, it seems significant if Garland is right 

3 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I guess they have to submit the paperwork that Stone's sentence was commuted instead of just tweeting that it is. But they can't commute the  sentence unless Stone has started serving his sentence and also can't commute if the conviction is being appealed. So submit the paperwork for something they can't technically do or pardon instead, and admit guilt. 

Of course this is my understanding based on various Twitter replies so it's probably all wrong.....having said that, it seems significant if Garland is right 

If so, that's marvelous.

17 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, he did give a shit about like three people, when Kim K got some press and he thought it might get him some black votes.

Kind of like CJ Reform that he got Moscow Mitch off the dime on.  I understand he's still bitching at Kush about it because it didn't make all black people love him.

He didn't really give a shit. That was a transparent attempt to make Kanye and Kim like him. I am actually surprised more celebrities didn't play that game. Blow smoke up his ass and you can get pretty much whatever you want out of him.  Someone like George Clooney could have gotten a lot for his charities and walked the line on it enough to undo any MAGA stench he got on him.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

He didn't really give a shit. That was a transparent attempt to make Kanye and Kim like him. I am actually surprised more celebrities didn't play that game. Blow smoke up his ass and you can get pretty much whatever you want out of him.  Someone like George Clooney could have gotten a lot for his charities and walked the line on it enough to undo any MAGA stench he got on him.

I really don't think that would be the case. He would be labeled a hopeless Trump MAGA CHUD and his career would be in tatters. Nuance is dead. 

10 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Fucking Chance Tha Rapper is JAQing off on Twitter trying to boost Kanye. I swear life is a video game to some of these people.

3 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I really don't think that would be the case. He would be labeled a hopeless Trump MAGA CHUD and his career would be in tatters. Nuance is dead. 

I disagree, but we don't really have any actual nuance attempt data points to make a proper assessment. Kanye put on a MAGA hat and did an unhinged meeting with Trump where they talked about iPlanes

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Sue them for what? Misconduct that led to you being convicted of a crime....to which you admitted guilt by accepting a pardon? That’s a quick rule 12 dismissal. Maybe with rule 11 sanctions attached.

Bring it, fuckstick.

That's going to make 1-59 election-fuck-a-palooza look like srs business.  He'll have a little trouble examining Barr given that he's not a member, nor qualified to be, of any bar.  As if it would ever get that far.

Edited by TwiceHorn

• 1 month later...

He looks like the "Camp Director" at one of those backwards-ass mid-century reprogramming ranches where they'd send boys to get the gay out of 'em.  And Roger's techniques prove to be not unlike how my dad got me to stop trying to smoke cigarettes when I was 14.

8 hours ago, Lobo said:

He looks like the "Camp Director" at one of those backwards-ass mid-century reprogramming ranches where they'd send boys to get the gay out of 'em.  And Roger's techniques prove to be not unlike how my dad got me to stop trying to smoke cigarettes when I was 14.

Did he rape you? Because Roger looks like the sort of guy who would rape a child.

• 2 months later...

First, that is just terrible acting, Roger.  Awful.  Pretend you're Roger Stone, Roger.  Then channel that.

Second, Hunter Biden's existence is now an excuse to commit any crime, I guess.  As long as Hunter Biden roams free, it is legal to park INSIDE the HEB.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Roger Stone urges Trump to consider declaring martial law based on voter fraud conspiracy theories

Stone: “I just learned of absolute incontrovertible evidence of North Korean boats delivering ballots through a harbor in Maine”

https://www.mediamatters.org/roger-stone/roger-stone-urges-trump-consider-declaring-martial-law-based-voter-fraud-conspiracy

This is weird. I thought NK liked Trump.  They're Biden guys now?

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Lol, is this thread title a joke?  Is he ever going to have a trial for anything?  

I mean, you are aware that he was tried and convicted for a number of things, including witness tampering.

He was, of course, pardoned.

I mean, you are aware that he was tried and convicted for a number of things, including witness tampering.

Sentence was commuted IIRC. But I don’t think he ever started serving it. So I have read that there may be a question whether commutation was effective.

12 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

No I’d forgotten that. Probably because he was pardoned and it was lost among the 10,000 other criminal issues with that administration. 

• Rage+1 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/23/2021 at 10:42 PM, brakeman said:

mmm, ...likely cocaine.

Occam’s razor blade chopping out lines? I’ve been around plenty of that in my day, including some hard core addiction types, and Stone’s display didn’t bring back memories. That was darker than the despair of addiction. Idk, maybe meth does that. My money is on the seed of Satan rotting him from the inside out.

• Hook 'Em 1