Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

1 minute ago, Jersey Man10 said:

When I end up having to pay and receive my food at the same drive thru window. This bitch gives me my bag of food, my card, and the receipt all at the same time so I end up dropping one of the 3.

Yeah, eye hand coordination,  and multi tasking.... so over rated.....  : )

Self check out yesterday.

Couple had 8-9 items together.

They go to seperate stations and are slower than fuck.

Thanks for spreading your gotdam idiocy and fucking us twice.

On 3/8/2019 at 2:54 PM, PvilleStang said:

From my experiences:

At shift change, car video data is uploaded at the station, MDT is shut down, camera system is shut down, then the car is shut down.  Issues arose if you shut down the vehicle without uploading the video data.

Or sometimes stuff is just deleted instead.

• Like 1

Undoubtedly mentioned here before, but thoughtless cunts who play music over their cell phone speakers in public.  Nobody wants to listen to that shit.  
On a similar note, people who blast their music in their car with windows down while filling up with gas. Nobody wants to listen to that shit.
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2019 at 8:39 AM, Jersey Man10 said:

When I end up having to pay and receive my food at the same drive thru window. This bitch gives me my bag of food, my card, and the receipt all at the same time so I end up dropping one of the 3.

Your card?  You don't have a $10 bill on you?

25 minutes ago, Llogg said:

fuck that. I don't pay for shit like a dinosaur. the cash economy does not include me.

Hmmm

Cash, ending up with loose change

Or card, no loose change, and cumulatively is just more points.

52 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
5 hours ago, deadshank said:

because for a $8.19 order, its easier to receive back $1.81 instead of a credit card

It just drives me to surliness watching people fumble around with a cc or dc at Whataburger or whatever and they either screw up their PIN or "oops" the card is declined.  Keep some cash on you for the small stuff, would you?

It just drives me to surliness watching people fumble around with a cc or dc at Whataburger or whatever and they either screw up their PIN or "oops" the card is declined.  Keep some cash on you for the small stuff, would you?
I won't. But his problem was his tiny hands cant handle his card, drink and meal handed to him at one time... he'd have no shot with drink, meal and a bunch of change

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Hmmm

Cash, ending up with loose change

Or card, no loose change, and cumulatively is just more points.

is this some sort of bank rep, these "points"? That said, nobody has a gun to your head forcing you to take all the items at once. Take one put it away. Take another one, put IT away. Then take your food. Rookie.

27 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

is this some sort of bank rep, these "points"? That said, nobody has a gun to your head forcing you to take all the items at once. Take one put it away. Take another one, put IT away. Then take your food. Rookie.

I don't have an issue handling all 3 things at once.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
20 hours ago, Continental Op said:
Undoubtedly mentioned here before, but thoughtless cunts who play music over their cell phone speakers in public.  Nobody wants to listen to that shit.  

I don't see this as often as dumb fucks who talk on their phones on speaker.

While holding it below their mouth... 

It looks like one of those tribal lip discs, but for basic white girls. 

• Like 3

On 3/11/2019 at 1:58 AM, Continental Op said:

To expound on it, people who listen to anything on their cell phones out loud in public.  Speaker phone conversations, movies, literally anything.  How the fuck did this become acceptable?

• Like 2

On the phone etiquette tip, I absolutely can't stand it when you're on the phone with someone and they have to have a conversation with someone in person at the same time.  Unless that person is an interested third party in the phone conversation whose opinion is needed, it is absolutely aggravating.  My wife and her whole family are terrible at this.  It's at the point where if I call my wife and she insists on having the side conversation with whomever is around, I'll just hang up.

The flip of this is equally infuriating - IE, when I'm on the phone and my wife is trying to cut in with some completely unrelated point.  I've communicated many times that I believe not interrupting someone on the phone - unless it's an emergency, or you need to get some message through to the person on the other side - is a standard etiquette.  She's clearly just trying to piss me off at this point.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

On the phone etiquette tip, I absolutely can't stand it when you're on the phone with someone and they have to have a conversation with someone in person at the same time.  Unless that person is an interested third party in the phone conversation whose opinion is needed, it is absolutely aggravating.  My wife and her whole family are terrible at this.  It's at the point where if I call my wife and she insists on having the side conversation with whomever is around, I'll just hang up.

The flip of this is equally infuriating - IE, when I'm on the phone and my wife is trying to cut in with some completely unrelated point.  I've communicated many times that I believe not interrupting someone on the phone - unless it's an emergency, or you need to get some message through to the person on the other side - is a standard etiquette.  She's clearly just trying to piss me off at this point.

I think you can sum up this plus the precious few as “women + phones”. Not trivial.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

When conferences retroactively claim program achievements. Like the Big Ten putting 1995 Nebraska on its list of its best teams, etc. 

That's a good one.  I've seen some Big 12 fans do it with the West Virginia final four from a few years back.

Song lyrics with improper verb tense usage. My 2-yr old loves Run by the Foo Fighters so I hear this every day:

I need some room to breathe
You can stay asleep
If you wanted to
They say that's nothings free
You can run with me
If you wanted to
Yeah you can run with me
If you wanted to

It should be either "could" and "wanted", or "can" and "want". 

On 3/11/2019 at 11:13 AM, MNLonghornFUKM said:
On 3/11/2019 at 7:01 AM, deadshank said:

because for a $8.19 order, its easier to receive back $1.81 instead of a credit card

Twice in the past week I have beengiven incorrect change.  One dude even used a calculator to figure the change from a $10 bill for a $4.27 charge.  He hands me $4.73.  I just look at em and finally say, “ Hey Chief, I gave you a $10.  You owe me another dollar. “ His coworker is dying laughing, “ you even used a calculator and still fucked it up.”

Today I hand the clerk a $20 for a charge of $11.07.  He gived me back $14. 93.   I corrected him and he didn’t want to take the overage back.  Dude in line behind me said he’d take it. Lol  

Pretty sure clerk was high AF, but damn, that’s some 1st grade maf there...

21 minutes ago, slorch said:

Twice in the past week I have beengiven incorrect change.  One dude even used a calculator to figure the change from a $10 bill for a $4.27 charge.  He hands me $4.73.  I just look at em and finally say, “ Hey Chief, I gave you a $10.  You owe me another dollar. “ His coworker is dying laughing, “ you even used a calculator and still fucked it up.”

Today I hand the clerk a $20 for a charge of $11.07.  He gived me back $14. 93.   I corrected him and he didn’t want to take the overage back.  Dude in line behind me said he’d take it. Lol  

Pretty sure clerk was high AF, but damn, that’s some 1st grade maf there...

Happens all the time with me because I hate having dollar bills in my wallet so if something is 6 bucks and I don't have exact change I'll give them a $10 and a $1 to get $5 back. This usually ensues:

confused math GIF by CBC 

• Like 1