2019 Fiesta Bowl: Ohio State vs Clemson

USMCHorn

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

I don't even know why they were trying to make that kind of pass with a minute left and it was 1st down. Especially not a route where it could lead to disaster. 

But if the receiver doesn't fuck it up it was a TD. Would have been wide open. 

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Yeah I’m gonna take a wild guess and say the wr fucked that one up, both by slipping and running the wrong route on the hot read. 

It's not a hot read that deep and late. He assumed fields was going to scramble since he was covered.

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Yeah I’m gonna take a wild guess and say the wr fucked that one up, both by slipping and running the wrong route on the hot read. 

Yeah Fields make no hesitation and went where he thought the WR would be. It looked like the WR could have had good inside position had he cut in front of the defender instead of going left.

But to call a hot read route in that situation? Fucking dumb. Way too risky.

3 minutes ago, Modessit said:
10 minutes ago, naija said:
Gonna blame the WR on that one.

Yep. Ball was thrown before WR decided to cut back to the outside and then fall down. Defender saw the ball coming. WR did not. If WR continues to the right it's maybe a catch. Or incomplete and another play.

Or still a pick.  The defender was in great position either way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

Eh, that's how the rest of the college football world feels about Alabama.

Clemson winning it all is less damaging to Texas than LSU winning it all, and that's all I care about. But I don't see it happening.  I think LSU will roll 'em up.

Fully aware of the way the rest feel about Bama. I just do not want Clemson to win another and become an even bigger monster. I am kinda hoping this is mostly a one and done thing for LSU. Not that they will completely collapse but if they loses several coaches, along with their generational QB, they will be easier to deal with down the road. 

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

All Ohio St had to do was score on even one of those redzone attempts in the 1st half and they could have been kicking a short FG to go to the next round. They were fucking terrible in the redzone and that is the only reason Clemson hung around.

Yeah and all Clemson had to do was hit the fg early or get the INT that was called back for typical bullshit jostling 

Just now, WBT said:

Or still a pick.  The defender was in great position either way.

looks like great position when you are standing there alone. if the WR ran that route as called, greater odds that it was complete, next up incomplete, last interception

1 minute ago, pops said:

But if the receiver doesn't fuck it up it was a TD. Would have been wide open. 

For sure. He could have easily cut in front of the defender for an easy pitch and catch. But I have no idea what the WR was doing. Was it some sort of hot read route? Fields looked confident and did not hesitate at all going to where he thought the WR would be.

Fully aware of the way the rest feel about Bama. I just do not want Clemson to win another and become an even bigger monster. I am kinda hoping this is mostly a one and done thing for LSU. Not that they will completely collapse but if they loses several coaches, along with their generational QB, they will be easier to deal with down the road. 

Neither are great for Bama. LSU is a nightmare for Texas and our East Texas recruiting.

Good point. With that being said, why the fuck would he assume he was going to scramble right there. He had a clean pocket, if I’m not mistaken.

He didn’t he had moved up almost even with the linemen and could have easily flushed to the sideline where the WR move would have been correct.