CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

As one of the "CR people" who crashed their thread and ruined it . . . I posted some simple calculations with absolutely no political commentary whatsoever.  Boy, they didn't like that.

I think you got into an internet pissing match with some other cunt, and that is what people didn’t like.  

Carry on! 

3 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Did anyone catch one of the President's prescriptions for the economy? Reinstitute the deductibility of the three-martini lunch. I am not shitting you. He is this out of touch. 

I work as a server in a restaurant. Dotard is incredibly dumb, even by his standards, to make this statement and think it was smart.

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

"Antibody levels do not always correlate to immunity"; at least that is what this article states. Take it for what it's worth. It's complicated because of a variety of factors. Immune systems, testing, etc. https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/03/15/can-you-get-infected-by-coronavirus-twice-how-does-covid-19-immunity-work/#70dd41bf5c0f

On a more straight forward note, can someone ask if these tiny minded governors from red states talk amongst themselves? Trying not to anger the church goers at Easter?

Abbott did the same thing.  Quite plainly, what they did is grant evangelicals special dispensation to murder their fellow citizens in the name of their "religion."

We already have multiple examples of large religious gatherings being the source of spreading, deadly infections.  Abbott and DeSantis said "we're cool with that."  They are accessories to murder, and history should write their names in blood.

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Everybody else excited about this corrupt bunch of assholes rationing medical care??

America, fuck yeah!!

Cough....death panels....cough.  Every accusation is a confession.  By fucking up healthcare and pandemic planning this badly, they made triage decisions as to who lives and who dies unavoidable.  EVERY ACCUSATION - every single one -- they have made come true.

If you want to know what to fear from the GOP next, just read a list of their complaints and list of horribles, and find the ones that haven't happened yet -- they will.

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

I guess I shouldnt be suprised. 

Any word on whether this came straight from the top?

Any surprise if that is the word?

Here's a text from a nurse friend in a north Houston hospital:

"You all stay safe, stay home this is horrible. It's brutal. I just lost 2 patients in 30 minutes I'm helping ER."

"It's a horrible death. Gasping for air with absolutely no one [family members can't be around, as we know] I got double geared up just so I could hold one of them."

Fuck trump and his bullshit and anyone who still supports that sumbitch. 

• Like 8

Just now, Irwin F Fletcher said:

So he's stepping out because of why? He said he was tested again today for Covid-19 and it came back negative.

Is he to weak to stand around while others speak or has he had enough of this and is just saying "fuck it"?

He said he had a meeting

5 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

So he's stepping out because of why? He said he was tested again today for Covid-19 and it came back negative.

Is he to weak to stand around while others speak or has he had enough of this and is just saying "fuck it"?

had to go change his diaper

6 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

Here's a text from a nurse friend in a north Houston hospital:

"You all stay safe, stay home this is horrible. It's brutal. I just lost 2 patients in 30 minutes I'm helping ER."

"It's a horrible death. Gasping for air with absolutely no one [family members can't be around, as we know] I got double geared up just so I could hold one of them."

Fuck trump and his bullshit and anyone who still supports that sumbitch. 

jesus.  

Just now, henrygandorf said:

so once again, referring to trump as a "wartime president".  i get that this strokes his ego (why else do any of this?), but is that really something he considers resume-enhancing come november? 

losing a war against an invisible enemy - jan, 2020 - present 

They don't understand that no matter what happens, they've already lost this fight.

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

so once again, referring to trump as a "wartime president".  i get that this strokes his ego (why else do any of this?), but is that really something he considers resume-enhancing come november? 

it's a mere continuation of his "all base, all the time."  truck nutz guys will love it. loved him already.  no one else cares.

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

How many days until he walks out in a uniform? 

Just now, David Dennison said:

The owners of this country don't care. Globalization is more profitable than isolationism.

Yes, I know.  We must outsource everything because we are unwilling to pay above slave labor rates to stare at flat screens and satiate our consumption desires. 

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

We need video of patients on ventilators struggling and patients who need ventilators drowning in their own fluids to bring this horror into focus. I do not know what form variuos Americans' rage will look like, but it could get pretty fucking nasty. And it should. I can't imagine fancy tap dancing about the ebil WHO and the Chinese is going to get the government leadership off the hook when people have their family members and friends stacked in refrigerator trucks outside the over-crowded ICUs around the country.

Trump will likely have to issue a shelter in place after the crisis passes just to try to keep the mobs out of the streets. After he's ousted, the shitstain will have to shelter in place himself to avoid peltings of excrement and rotten fruit.

If Trump's successor grants a universal pardon to Trump, that successor should have to serve the time himself. No escape from justice and, frankly, vengeance over so many dead.

video of body bags and the refrigerated truck got posted to imgur yesterday

12 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

Yep.  Ask Il Duce about the glory of being a war time President on the losing side. 

1 hour ago, deech said:

So new Republican talking points:

The US inability to respond adequately is due to:

1.  It's all a conspiracy, people aren't dying.

2.  It's the WHO's fault.  Fire that person.

3.  It's China's fault.  They should not have hid this from us

4. Impeachment distracted us from fighting it

• Like 1

he is really on-point today with his complete non-committal answers.  barely even sniffing a coherent answer on even the noncontroversial stuff.

"yeah, i think it might be.  i think it definitely is, but then again, it may not be, it could be, but you know, it always, it could be to where it isn't, and it's the other thing.  they should've had enough, and some of them do, but some of them don't, and some of them have too much, and others should've bought them before, and been ready, but several did buy enough, and some didn't, and then those people are ready, but some aren't ready, but a lot are, you never know who's ready, or who isn't ready." 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Now imagine scaling this stupidity for every hospital.

So, let me get this straight. Trump fired his national pandemic response coordinator and now trots out  Kushner, who was not elected, has ZERO medical training, no expertise, and whose sole qualification is that he is married to the woman Trump told Howard Stern he'd like to date?  This is essentially manslaughter.  And Kushner is up there talking ... but Fauci is missing? 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Like 3