Chargers release Philip Rivers

RPM

9 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

They could have not released him and just let his contract expire out of respect for everything he has done for that franchise. But never the less the Chargers ownerships and management is a joke.

You’ve been getting into the purple drank again, haven’t you? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, RPM said:

Would you feel better if I said decided to part ways? Does that meet your standard?

Not really, mostly because I hate that cliche.

But the point is, saying they released him creates confusion. The post you replied to is literally a response to a rant about the Chargers being classless for cutting him rather than just letting his contract expire. If you don’t see how some nit picky standard isn’t the point, then I don’t know what else to say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Would you feel better if I said decided to part ways? Does that meet your standard?

Here are some other options:

--  Chargers move Phillip Rivers' office into the basement.  Sources report that Rivers is suspicious about the move.

--  Post a Chargers logo next to a picture of Phillip Rivers and then a jagged crack between them like they do when celebrities get divorced

--  Chargers to Phillip Rivers:  "Suck our balls!"

--  Clickbait Push Notice Style:  Chargers Moving to Tijuana???  Nah, but Phillip Rivers is gone.

• Like 1

He's been a turnover machine for a while.  He single handily cost them games this year.  It's a deep QB draft and time for LA to move on.  I wouldn't be surprosed to see them try to move up in the draft while also signing Brady. It would be great for them if they could sign Brady and draft someone like Tua and let him sit behind and learn from Brady for a year or two. 

4 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Rivers, Flacco are all at the end of the line. 

Time to pass the baton to the next gen  - Lamar Jackson, Mahomes, Jimmy G, Deshaun Watson, Murray, Allen etc.  

Something seems different about the new generation...

...and it's certainly more reflective of the demographic that actually plays the sport these days.