Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

So, this is something that I've been meaning to post, but just now getting around to. I see CDC almost every darn time I'm on campus. Usually for games, but I am also a member of the UT Club, and I see him there all the time as well.

I'm not some big cigar, I just take my kids to Bevo Blvd, go to tailgates, and grab lunch at the Club every now and again. But he's always around. I've even run into him in the concourses at the Stadium (i.e. he's not just in the Suites or on the Field) at more than one game. By run into, I mean walk by him, he in no way knows who I am. 

But still, I can count on one hand the times I ran across Delos Dodds, and don't think I ever saw Patterson or Perrin, but since September started I've probably seen CDC a dozen different times. 

I like that - he's always out and about, and that's a good thing. He's not holed up in an office somewhere.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, hornian said:

So, this is something that I've been meaning to post, but just now getting around to. I see CDC almost every darn time I'm on campus. Usually for games, but I am also a member of the UT Club, and I see him there all the time as well.

I'm not some big cigar, I just take my kids to Bevo Blvd, go to tailgates, and grab lunch at the Club every now and again. But he's always around. I've even run into him in the concourses at the Stadium (i.e. he's not just in the Suites or on the Field) at more than one game. By run into, I mean walk by him, he in no way knows who I am. 

But still, I can count on one hand the times I ran across Delos Dodds, and don't think I ever saw Patterson or Perrin, but since September started I've probably seen CDC a dozen different times. 

I like that - he's always out and about, and that's a good thing. He's not holed up in an office somewhere.

Pretty much same here. Had the kids at the KU soccer game where it was cold and rainy, he was there. With the people, asking questions.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hornian said:

3 hours ago, hornian said:

I'd call that "hands on" AD ing.

1 minute ago, RollLeft said:

Why in the world would she need to pump in the stadium?  Could she not pump before or after the game?  I hope they are not considering subjecting those babies to the upper deck and 100k of people yelling.      

Um, it's called grit.  Ever heard of it?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Why in the world would she need to pump in the stadium?  Could she not pump before or after the game?  I hope they are not considering subjecting those babies to the upper deck and 100k of people yelling.      

b/c every 3 hours

On 10/26/2018 at 2:30 PM, Lobo said:

I see del Conte is getting an early jump on Movember.  Can't say I like the fact he showed up to a barber shop in a fucking vest.  But I'll allow it since our olympic sports are doing fantastic across the board.  And yes, Redding's hands are fucking enormous.  I can comfortably palm a basketball, and once shook his hand and it wrapped all the way around mine and overlapped by an inch or two.  

22 hours ago, ztejas said:

Jesus someone teach that man to use a razor.

3 hours ago, RollLeft said:

People are fucking idiots. I mean just look at her husband for Christ's sake. He looks like he eats at Wendy's 4 times a week.

17 hours ago, hornian said:

I saw DeLoss out and about at games and at the UT Club all the time in the late 90s/early 2000s.  Pretty sure that, just like his BFF FUPM, he just mailed it in for his last 5 years.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I was talking about the guy whose wife wants to breastfeed at the stadium.

It's like he  has a neckbeard only, with nothing on his face. Definitely works in IT, I would bet $10K on it. They must not have mirrors down in the basement at Intertrode.

18 hours ago, hornian said:

I drove around in a glass-bottomed car looking for Patterson quite often.  

But, you're right, you'd never see the guy, other than being in the First Aid office at DKR putting price tags on water bottles. 

21 hours ago, Telegraph_it said:

I remember seeing Bill Powers show up to a basketball game in a tux with a few minutes to spare before halftime. He seemed pretty lit and decided to leave his wife with DeLoss and sit with the students on the baseline for the remainder of the game.

Yeah, that was a fun game. 

• Like 1

After helping with approval of a higher salary for Coach Orlando last spring, CDC has to be a little ticked about  such poor Defensive results against Maryland, Okie Lite and West Virginia.  

On a good note.... With so many assistant coach's contracts expiring in March 2019, CDC will have a great chance to help HERMAN evaluate his current staff.  I also hope Herman really beefs up the support staff of Analysts and Quality Control group with a few more experienced folks to improve the Staff's Efforts for gameplanning and opponent analysis...

CDC is amazing. Some of these issues are real issues, but some are just the nature of things, and very isolated incidents. I've had nothing but good interactions with the concession staffs. Can't wait for the Wi-Fi in the stadium! Leaving the Health Center parking garage was awful 2 years ago for ND. That hits close to home. According to the TV we had a record crowd at the game. Even though there were plenty of seats left in the student sections.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

So your first thought is to tweet the AD? I'd had told him to go play hide and go fuck himself if I witness any adult giving shit to my kid. 

the part he left out of his tweet was that the kid expressed his desire for a pretzel by saying "hey bitch, get off your fat ass and give me a motherfucking pretzel before I come back there and dick whip the lot of yeh"

• Like 1