Jive Turkey

COVID-19 and Basketball thread

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Um until today?

really?

Should be fired just for those comments alone. 

30 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I just bought tickets to the final four...fucking sucks. I hope things change in the next couple weeks.

They’ll definitely change. Not the way you’re hoping though. 

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

BECAUSE WE HAVEN'T TESTED ANYBODY (because we dicked around preparing for this) is the core component of that statement.

How did we dick around? We cut off travel to where the virus originated from almost immediately, and the CDC was screening people before that.

1 hour ago, Longhornmaniac8 said:

Dude, open your brain. The CDC count is what it is because we have been totally unprepared to actually test people, not because it's the right number.

We can't confirm a diagnosis with a test that hasn't been administered.

and you can't test people that don't come in for testing.

If we are holding events and only allowing 125 people shouldn't we just not allow anyone in or better yet not play games.

Luka could use a week off or so.

3 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

If we are holding events and only allowing 125 people shouldn't we just not allow anyone in or better yet not play games.

Luka could use a week off or so.

Exactly. Who wants to watch the ncaa with no one and refs.

Look at the countries that are a few weeks ahead of us on this? Why do people think we’ll escape it? Basketball will seem very unimportant in a few weeks. 

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Prepare your Anus.  It’s all gonna be one big CR soon.  

More proof that quarantine doesn’t work.

38 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

How did we dick around? We cut off travel to where the virus originated from almost immediately, and the CDC was screening people before that.

Friend of mine came back from Vietnam in February, had a long layover at an airport in China on the way back. Her screening was someone asking her where she’d traveled to. Nothing more. 

41 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Here, let me tell you this as a doctor.  We had SEVERAL people at NW and NWCH that had all the signs and symptoms but we COULD NOT TEST.  There were no tests to test people with.  These were people with direct exposure who came off flights from O'hare.  This administration flat out did not want testing.  Rush and NW were developing tests and it was a no from the very top. Figure that out.  Also since we couldn't test those people the ID doctors had to monitor them as if they had the flu and then send them home.  So ID doctors at both hospitals cancelled all their outpatient appointments those days and my patients who were on IV antibiotics all had them extended a few more days whether they needed them or not.  You know how resistant bugs develop?  

Anyways, you see why I get a little pissed off when some dipshit on here call's this a political hoax?  And laughs at 'pros'.  

We’ve had planes coming everyday from all the countries that are supposedly banned. It’s bullshit. 

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

They’ll definitely change. Not the way you’re hoping though. 

At least the hope for a refund is there. 

3 hours ago, CheesePie said:

Are commentators considered essential staff?

Excluding Galindo, yes.

7 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

A “dr” that posts on surly more than me has a shit ton of time on his hands.

Sorry bro, sold my group so I work as much as I want.  I do have a lot of time on my hands.  But I love picking up a bunch of rep at your expense.  See I take your posts and I litter them all over...then people laugh at you and rep me.  Damn...you're right, I do have too much time on my hands.  Oh well.  Onward!

Watching Mavs Nugs. This will almost assuredly be one of the last games with fans in attendance. If they're straight up cancelling games no fucking way that anyone is allowed to play with fans in attendance. 

19 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

A “dr” that posts on surly more than me has a shit ton of time on his hands.

That explains the 45 minute wait in the waiting room.  

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

And the SEC goes closed-doors as well

Disadvantage:  UK

Edited by Underdog

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Rudy Gobert clearly attended the Rockethorn School of Epidemiology:

THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING NUMBSKULL

Edited by texifornia

Rudy Gobert clearly attended the Rockethorn School of Epidemiology:

Funny joke right up until it wasn’t

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

For those curious how much you can hear at empty stadium games:

Sounds like the high school soccer games that I used to play in, only with an echo.

PS- Every person in the medical field who I interact with thinks that this is a huge deal. A couple of real estate agents and a political ranter seem to think that this is all a joke. I have chosen to pay attention to the people who work in the medical profession on this one. With regards to what my mother should do with her tornado damaged house, I'll look to the real estate agents for expert opinions.

45 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I hope chi doc got the same warning immanac or did you pos rep your bro? 

You know what I didn't do when I got a timeout?

Whine about it.