Things you really just don't get...

immortal13

11 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Grown ups going to Disney parks without kids. Double weird if it’s your honeymoon.

I know a couple who are both obsessed with Disney.  Always quoting the movies like we understand the references.  She is a teacher, but (like most chicks) has a side-gig as a travel agent, but she does Disney trips only.  He is obsessed with Frank Sinatra, Al Capone, and Winnie-The-Pooh.  He has a tattoo of Baloo The Bear (from Jungle Book) and constantly refers to himself as "Papa Bear".  

We're stuck for a week at the Gaylord in Orlando this Fall for a meeting.  My wife wants to go in 2 days early so we can hit Epcot and do some Food & Wine Festival stuff.  These guys get all offended that we didn't go through them to book our "Disney vacation".  

First of all, it ain't a Disney-fucking-vacation.  I'm in Orlando under protest (hate that town).  And I'm grudgingly going to Epcot because I'm a good husband.  So please excuse me because I didn't consult with your "agency" for a two-day pass.  Weirdos...

On 7/7/2021 at 10:10 AM, tbone_ said:

My 14 yo says dad there are two kinds of weather. Hoodie weather and the kind of weather where you wear a hoodie anyway.

My 16 yo son wears a hoodie and shorts for weather ranging from 95 degrees down to 9 degrees.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, After irth said:

I know a couple who are both obsessed with Disney.  Always quoting the movies like we understand the references.  She is a teacher, but (like most chicks) has a side-gig as a travel agent, but she does Disney trips only.  He is obsessed with Frank Sinatra, Al Capone, and Winnie-The-Pooh.  He has a tattoo of Baloo The Bear (from Jungle Book) and constantly refers to himself as "Papa Bear".  

We're stuck for a week at the Gaylord in Orlando this Fall for a meeting.  My wife wants to go in 2 days early so we can hit Epcot and do some Food & Wine Festival stuff.  These guys get all offended that we didn't go through them to book our "Disney vacation".  

First of all, it ain't a Disney-fucking-vacation.  I'm in Orlando under protest (hate that town).  And I'm grudgingly going to Epcot because I'm a good husband.  So please excuse me because I didn't consult with your "agency" for a two-day pass.  Weirdos...

Yeah, I knew a couple that was getting married. Making small talk, I asked if they had made honeymoon plans. And right away “that was the easiet decision, Disney World.”

Took me totally off guard. Paused for what felt like a minute and could only muster an “oh. Ok.”

Also, travel agents exist? For Disney? That makes no freaking sense. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Haha 1

We are in Charleston, Souf Caroline.

Went to a restaurant called "King Crab" (billboards declaring "juicy seafood").

20 minute drive from the hotel.

Get inside, the music is absolutely blaring & they had a set of Peavey's on tripod stands.

I mean like concert level "everywhere in the place it was as though you're standing in front of the P.A." loud.

I asked if they were going to drop the volume & management said "WE'RE HAVING A LUAUA!!"

The hell, man...

We had to leave.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Things I don't get:

Loud ass music in a restaurant that makes you have to scream at each other.

I will walk the fuck out.  It's stupid.

And I like like loud music if that's why the fuck I am there at a particular venue.

Edited by slorch

Scrolling through reddit and see in the Houston sub someone posted a video of a fire in Montrose and to please pray.

I don’t get it.

Pray for what? That no one gets hurt/dies? Is God sitting around to receive enough votes to intervene? If say 5,000 prays are sent l, does God beam whoever is inside to another place?

Or is praying the equivalent of hoping? As in “I hope no one was in the house.”

I know, I’m the asshole.

Scrolling through reddit and see in the Houston sub someone posted a video of a fire in Montrose and to please pray.

Let them know that if they prayed in advance, this wouldn't have even happened in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Playing golf if you aren't a kid or an old.

It's a 3-5 hour time commitment all-in (commute, check-in, playing, eating, etc.) and there is so much more to do or get accomplished or spend the finite amount of time you have in the day.

Is it like therapy for some people or something or there are mental wellness benefits? Every time I'm out there socially or on the weekends, I think of the opportunity cost of what I'm missing out on in life. Even when I have to be out there for work on the clock with a client or my boss or team(e.g. "getting paid to golf"), I have to make up the time missed actually working on deals in the evenings or weekends.

I get it when you are retired and have nothing better to do and it's a fun game to play with your retired friends.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

38 different potions and random bottles of soaps/ lotions/ conditioners in the triple shelf shower caddy.

I have one bottle of shampoo/ body wash.

I do get the indulgent stuff to a certain degree. But all that anti-aging crap and different concoctions are just a racket

1 minute ago, slorch said:

38 different potions and random bottles of soaps/ lotions/ conditioners in the triple shelf shower caddy.

I do get the indulgent stuff to a certain degree. But all that anti-aging crap and different concoctions are just a racket

Body wash is a racket. Twice as expensive and lasts half as long as a good old fashioned bar of soap.

Somehow the soap companies convinced the American public they needed to buy twice as much soap product, because something that was good enough for your parents, grandparents, great grandparents, etc., is not good enough for this generation. 

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, nnm said:

Body wash is a racket. Twice as expensive and lasts half as long as a good old fashioned bar of soap.

Somehow the soap companies convinced the American public they needed to buy twice as much soap product, because something that was good enough for your parents, grandparents, great grandparents, etc., is not good enough for this generation. 

I think Big Scrunchy is behind this.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/7/2021 at 10:10 AM, tbone_ said:

My 14 yo says dad there are two kinds of weather. Hoodie weather and the kind of weather where you wear a hoodie anyway.

I just don't get this.. My son (15) is currently on the DL w/ a sprained ankle from 7v7... He goes to football practice every day in shorts and a hoodie.. It's like a 1,000 degrees out and he's out there in his hoodie. All his friends are as well.. ? wtf. 

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Holy shit this.  My ex used to buy this anti-aging/anti-wrinkle shit.  It came in a container about the size of one of those little Carmex containers with the screw on lid and cost like 200 bucks.

2 hours ago, TexasBeta said:

I just don't get this.. My son (15) is currently on the DL w/ a sprained ankle from 7v7... He goes to football practice every day in shorts and a hoodie.. It's like a 1,000 degrees out and he's out there in his hoodie. All his friends are as well.. ? wtf. 

Simple, kids but are some of the dumbest MOFOS on the planet.  They're all about what their friends are doing, and saying, and wearing.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, nnm said:

The real racket is the scam run by big shampoo. Lather, rinse, repeat.  OK, so I lather, rinse, repeat. Lather, rinse, repeat. Lather, rinse, repeat. Lather, rinse, repeat. Lather, rinse, repeat. Lather, rinse, repeat. Lather, rinse, repeat. Lather, rinse, repeat. Lather, rinse, repeat. Lather, rinse, repeat. Fuck, now I'm out of hot water and shampoo.

• Haha 1

On 7/13/2021 at 2:46 PM, TexasBeta said:

My 30-something year old friend landed in Cabo last Friday in a hoodie and sweats.  He refused to take the hoodie off until we got to the house, which also included a stop at Costco.  It was only 87 degrees and blazing sun. 

On 7/13/2021 at 3:46 PM, TexasBeta said:

Wearing the hood?  Maybe they don't feel like putting on sunscreen, but still don't want melanoma?

On 7/8/2021 at 10:05 PM, Doze said:

Omg, I had a male employee that was into Disney.  His wife (they had no kids) was into it too.  They even had a timeshare at Disney world & every single vacay was there with NO kids.   There is obviously some sort of mental disorder.  I’m pretty open minded , but it’s fckg creepy as hell to see it in person.  Don’t leave your kid alone with these people.

I knew this chick from Houston (well, Sugarland) whose whole online profile was Disney shit. Pics from several trips a year to the park and various fan cons, always talking about the movies, and nothing else. Finally she moved to Orlando so she could take some shit job there and live out her dreams. I bet a bunch of these people y'all have discussed would be really jealous of her.

She's pretty hot in a crazy-eyed redhead way, but she always has to advertise she is single because she is such a fucking lunatic.

1173897_10152134783218743_1190601605_n.j  

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 9:49 AM, Cheeseweasel said:

I'm sure the Executives at Marriage, Incorporated sat around smoking cigars one day and came up with this evil plan. 

"Divorces are down. People aren't getting remarried. GET ON PINTREST AND FACEBOOK AND CREATE A NEW REVENUE STREAM!"

Yeah, Hate em but bet they're  probably raking in the dollars

I'm still Pissed I didn't get on the bottled water for a dollar IPO. 

Even with kids I wouldn't catch myself at a fucking Disney park.  There are lakes and oceans and mountains and rivers and so many great cities in this world with real life cool, fun, beautiful, adventurous shit going on in them, even appropriate for young kids.  And you're going to pick a fucking theme park with it's crowds, and never-ending gift shops and shitty food over that?  And Epcot?!  WTF is that?  When people describe to me what Epcot is all about it sounds one step shy of Total Recall fake vacations.  Like let's go to Mexico without having to interact with any real Mexicans.  I hear there are some cool technology exhibits there, but I've never heard of any that would knock my kids socks off anymore than the local science museums in every town.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Even with kids I wouldn't catch myself at a fucking Disney park.  There are lakes and oceans and mountains and rivers and so many great cities in this world with real life cool, fun, beautiful, adventurous shit going on in them, even appropriate for young kids.  And you're going to pick a fucking theme park with it's crowds, and never-ending gift shops and shitty food over that?  And Epcot?!  WTF is that?  When people describe to me what Epcot is all about it sounds one step shy of Total Recall fake vacations.  Like let's go to Mexico without having to interact with any real Mexicans.  I hear there are some cool technology exhibits there, but I've never heard of any that would knock my kids socks off anymore than the local science museums in every town.  

Hes Right GIF by MOODMAN

19 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

It's spring break (late like first week of April). The kids are going g from elementary school to middle school.

I said,  "hey kids where do you wanna go for Spring break ??!!"

Disney world or skiing ???

They said Wallyworld dad !!

Actually they said skiing !!!  I knew then, I'd raised 'em right.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

My wife is Brazilian. I have two daughters. Either I will take them to Disney in the next 5 years or I will end up in the divorce thread.

That's a valid path. If they're geeked for it, indulge them.

kids need to be kids as long as possible and Disney world let's em do that.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Against my better judgment I let myself be talked into DW for spring break 2019. This is the result. FML. 

B8E9ED39-9348-45EC-BC42-39558FC9934C.jpeg

^

I can't believe "Hike Central Florida" hasn't caught on as a chamber slogan yet, what with all the undulation and natural splendor

(there is good kayaking, I used to live on the other side of you from Orlando in DeLand).  

Edited by Lobo