Bevo VIII

YoutubeTV

Just checked...LHN shows in the ESPN app, But when you click to watch it, you get “you are not authorized to view this content”

So...what’s the best way to watch the game this weekend? Looks like only AT&T’s streaming service carries LHN?

I’m going to free trial of sling tv then cancel immediately after.

I settled on YouTube tv as my best alternative after PSVue died. However it is missing two things I really need to have, LHN and the History Channel. I haven’t found a work around for LHN which I will absolutely need before 2021 baseball. I used to always put Ancient Aliens on when I went to bed because for some reason that dude with the wild hair has a voice that puts me right to sleep. I’ve gone through all 15 seasons probably five or six times while falling asleep. Since PSVue died I’ve had to settle for endless reruns of Law and Order to put me to sleep

b358fe1ab24072140ffa1c5a8300e746.jpg

Finding a relative or friend with old school cable that has LHN is the best approach. Download the ESPN app and use their login and you’re good. If the app asks for a zip code or city, enter theirs. And write down the user name and password and save it, because cable apps forget who you are all the time. 

Does sling require an additional sports pkg to get Longhorn Network?  Also, I see an Orange and Blue plan.  Is it standard on one of those?  Their website is super confusing.

On 9/8/2020 at 9:28 AM, Vito Andolini said:

Bevo VIII’s linked article revealed part of the YouTubeTV/Fox/Sinclair agreement settled six months ago included a provision that screwed a few markets, and Lubbock was one of them. 

Anyone in Houston notice the lack of FSSW these days? I know I used to have it but it’s not in the channel listing for any Houston zip codes. Am I on crack?

On 9/8/2020 at 10:41 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I settled on YouTube tv as my best alternative after PSVue died. However it is missing two things I really need to have, LHN and the History Channel. I haven’t found a work around for LHN which I will absolutely need before 2021 baseball. I used to always put Ancient Aliens on when I went to bed because for some reason that dude with the wild hair has a voice that puts me right to sleep. I’ve gone through all 15 seasons probably five or six times while falling asleep. Since PSVue died I’ve had to settle for endless reruns of Law and Order to put me to sleep

b358fe1ab24072140ffa1c5a8300e746.jpg

Try forensic files or cold case files 

Do any of you get HBO Max through YoutubeTV?  I have have YoutubeTV but currently pay Amazon for HBO, but- because of their pissing contest- it does not include Max.  Does HBO Max on YoutubeTV include the whole On Demand Catalog, or is it just the live channel?  

One thing I like about YoutubeTV is when in the app if you turn your phone/tablet sideways it gives you stats and etc from the game you’re viewing.

On 9/9/2020 at 11:17 AM, tjhooker said:

Does sling require an additional sports pkg to get Longhorn Network?  Also, I see an Orange and Blue plan.  Is it standard on one of those?  Their website is super confusing.

Probably already got your answer, but choose the Orange plan and then check the $10 sports package add-on.  (On their front page, they had a "sports are back!" banner with a button, I clicked on that and it went to a sign up page with both options already selected.)  Signed up today, will cancel tomorrow.

On 9/8/2020 at 11:11 AM, SimonBolivar said:

I'm getting ready to give up on YouTubeTV after football/election. I hate paying $70/month for just TCM.

HBO Max gives you the TCM catalog. 

On 9/11/2020 at 6:23 PM, TexasHooch said:

Do any of you get HBO Max through YoutubeTV?  I have have YoutubeTV but currently pay Amazon for HBO, but- because of their pissing contest- it does not include Max.  Does HBO Max on YoutubeTV include the whole On Demand Catalog, or is it just the live channel?  

Yes, I do have it through Youtube TV.  Using an Apple TV here, for reference.

No, you need to download the HBOMax app to get all the on demand stuff.  You do, however, get 7 different HBO channels in the YouTube TV guide.