Parler = Trumpkin Facebook....?

Aqua Buddha

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Were those the ones that were anti-technology because it took away their machine jobs?  

the Morlocks are the barbaric working class who were relegated to working and living underground so that the rich upper class could live in luxury on the surface. 

The President is looking to see how many are listening to him on the new platform. This account below that 'echoed' is a MAGA supporter. Lots of echoes by 'patriots.' I'm noticing a growing number of low level politicians on there: 'echoing' various sentiments, asking for campaign funds, testing the waters for soundbite issues. This platform appears to be almost wholly political at this point.

image.png.3231d12214d7e436d5ca74d7c26a5bac.png

Edit--Oops, forgot to look for the seal--not the real DJT account on parler.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

Is it called Parler because the people there are the types that easily fall for simple parlour tricks? And also can't spell.

If these idiots break off from Fox News that would be a great thing. Especially if they start to consider Fox News Republicans as too liberal and compromised and they start running their own candidates in national elections. It'll effectively neuter the republican party. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Is it called Parler because the people there are the types that easily fall for simple parlour tricks? And also can't spell.

If these idiots break off from Fox News that would be a great thing. Especially if they start to consider Fox News Republicans as too liberal and compromised and they start running their own candidates in national elections. It'll effectively neuter the republican party. 

French-- To speak?

• Hook 'Em 1

So let me get this straight. All the flag waving supposedly "American patriots who support the military" and have spent a lifetime hating on librul france, "who we had to save in WW2", are congregating with nationals from the country who's people took down the WTC buildings on a site with a french name. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

I believe I can explain this phenomenon, and it's germane to this thread. Idiots who surround themselves in a back slapping echo chamber without diverse sources of data and input always think they know their shit and are shocked and completely fucking dumbfounded when they show up and get completely fucking pants'd by someone smarter and better informed. It's LITERALLY how the fucking concept of Fake News and Alternative Facts has flourished and grown into a fucking sickness that must be addressed. Morons getting dickslapped intellectually and not being about to handle it because they're pussies with fragile egos. It's cognitive dissonance and dunning kruger fucking like rabbits and popping out litters by the dozens ever hour or two. That's where the false confidence comes from, my man. 

You kind of have to feel for them a bit. They were intellectually inferior their whole lives and suddenly they found sanctuary within a group of like minded folks. They they collectively decided that the problem wasn’t them but the out of touch libs who have both dismissed their idiocy and their beliefs.
They had a moment where they felt validated, and a President that identified as one of them. Sure he was born rich, but he is horrible with money and stupid just like them.

Now their world just crashed. They are not the majority. They lost. They are going to be marginalized again politically as in their daily life. They have the cold reality that they are losers and suckers staring them in the face, and they don’t want that.
  • Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Nivek said:

You kind of have to feel for them a bit. They were intellectually inferior their whole lives and suddenly they found sanctuary within a group of like minded folks. They they collectively decided that the problem wasn’t them but the out of touch libs who have both dismissed their idiocy and their beliefs.
They had a moment where they felt validated, and a President that identified as one of them. Sure he was born rich, but he is horrible with money and stupid just like them.

Now their world just crashed. They are not the majority. They lost. They are going to be marginalized again politically as in their daily life. They have the cold reality that they are losers and suckers staring them in the face, and they don’t want that.

I mean, I enjoy the humor explicit in this post, but I mean, I don't really have to feel for them even a bit when they're actively undermining our way of life and ability to live peacefully. 

That's like feeling bad for those incels that shot up El Paso and North Carolina because life dealt them a tough hand...and justifying their mass murder. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

If they broke off into their own bubble, it would be great for FB and devastate Fox.  As a whole, Fox is trying to thread the needle here.  (Their news division seems legit but their prime time lineup is deranged.)

6 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, I enjoy the humor explicit in this post, but I mean, I don't really have to feel for them even a bit when they're actively undermining our way of life and ability to live peacefully. 

That's like feeling bad for those incels that shot up El Paso and North Carolina because life dealt them a tough hand...and justifying their mass murder. 

I should probably be more clear.  I was trying to be understanding of their motivations, not accepting.  

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

This man's a genius. "22forYou-- a site that's free of that 23forMe liberal bias."

Go print the tshirts and Scrooge-McDuck-dive into your rightfully gained wealth.

18 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I don't get the 22 reference.  A lot of Trumpers I know have an extra chromosome, they're not lacking one.  

I was going to go with "22ForYou- It's all relative", but I didn't want to infringe on the state motto of Indiana.

11 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

A scorecard:

124284883_3727120177299380_2526330183737

I bet almost all of those companies are hoping to get bought out for ridiculous sums of money at some point.  Maybe not DuckDuckGo, but the rest, if the Chinese or a Saudi or Russian company showed up flashing the bucks, they'd sell fast.  They'd be out of there as soon as the check cleared.

1 hour ago, UTCzech III said:

Night Flight fucking ruled...

night.jpg

Man there was some amazing stuff on there.  That was just an amazing show overall.  Lots of good/obscure music videos, lots of really weird shit. Lots of Cold War shit.

Up All Night was a blast as well.

I wish I had recorded a lot more of both of those shows - plenty of them up on YouTube, but they make them cut out certain music videos for copyright reasons.

Night Flight was basically the best parts of MTV/YouTube/Public Access.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Man there was some amazing stuff on there.  That was just an amazing show overall.  Lots of good/obscure music videos, lots of really weird shit. Lots of Cold War shit.

Up All Night was a blast as well.

I wish I had recorded a lot more of both of those shows - plenty of them up on YouTube, but they make them cut out certain music videos for copyright reasons.

Night Flight was basically the best parts of MTV/YouTube/Public Access.

They have an on-line channel on their website, you can also get it as an app on your smart TV, with all their full-length original episodes.  I downloaded it a while back, they had some free stuff but most was subscription-based. Just checked, 4.99 a month but only 39.99 for a full year, I may have to pull that trigger.  

Everybody says this, but when I was on there it was nothing but people wallowing in their own politics and depression. 
You just unfollow all that shit. Crazy Uncle George can still see my family picts, but I don't have to see his fucked up politics.

I probably follow about 20 people that I value both as humans and content providers.

1 hour ago, Bevo14 said:

Everybody: millions of people died in the Holocaust

Nazis: you guys love counting bodies

Yeah, what are you Never Trumpers using to count this pandemic, some kinda 'Jew-Math'?  That figures.  

"Uh, actually we're using Arabic Numbers." 

Oh great, so now Radical Islam is involved.  Well, there's your fucking answer to the China Flu Hoax!  

22 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The President is looking to see how many are listening to him on the new platform. This account below that 'echoed' is a MAGA supporter. Lots of echoes by 'patriots.' I'm noticing a growing number of low level politicians on there: 'echoing' various sentiments, asking for campaign funds, testing the waters for soundbite issues. This platform appears to be almost wholly political at this point.

image.png.3231d12214d7e436d5ca74d7c26a5bac.png

Edit--Oops, forgot to look for the seal--not the real DJT account on parler.

wait wait wait... they are creating a literal "echo" chamber?  Goodness.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Nivek said:

I think you are over generalizing with the intellectually inferior stuff.  Their are plenty of dumb people there but there are also:

• People that have been manipulated with emotions over logic - Fear mongering is all the Fox News nighttime shows are these days and is what Trump uses in his tweets
  • Racists - Genuine hard core racists and those that have been manipulated by the Fear above to distrust people that don't look like them
  • Grifters - People that don't believe it but that are taking advantage of it.  The ones you see switch back and forth are this type like Rafael Cruz.
  • But yes there are also Idiocracy types that love the entertainment they get from Owning the Libs.  Call them the WWE crowd. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think you are over generalizing with the intellectually inferior stuff.  Their are plenty of dumb people there but there are also:
  • People that have been manipulated with emotions over logic - Fear mongering is all the Fox News nighttime shows are these days and is what Trump uses in his tweets
  • Racists - Genuine hard core racists and those that have been manipulated by the Fear above to distrust people that don't look like them
  • Grifters - People that don't believe it but that are taking advantage of it.  The ones you see switch back and forth are this type like Rafael Cruz.
  • But yes there are also Idiocracy types that love the entertainment they get from Owning the Libs.  Call them the WWE crowd. 

Most of the ones I know that went to Parler are a blend of #1 and #4.