Parler = Trumpkin Facebook....?

Aqua Buddha

It’s always going to be fringe, they’ll be screaming top of lungs that HEY!! WE’RE OVER HERE!!!, insisting we notice them and their “growing” social platform. It’s only going to radicalize them more, which ultimately is a bad thing.

Hilariously, the ones who aren’t banned on twitter will absolutely never leave unless deplatformed.

42 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They will get bored and try to come back.  They need conflict to thrive.  

Yep. They're not driving around their own trailer parks with their Trump flags and truck nuts. They go downtown and drive around for maximum exposure. They want to offend liberals. They can't do that on Parler.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They will get bored and try to come back.  They need conflict to thrive.  

Yes, but the isolation feeds the radicalization. Today one of the twitter trends is 'the great reset' which is one of their global conspiracy theories. They stay in the echo chamber and then when they go out into the world at large (Twitter, for example), they see everything as confirming their biases. It's the problem with a wholly propagandized platform, don't you think? How long before the totalitarian regimes have a large percentage of the population unable to tell the difference?

• Like 1

This is quite a read: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1327253991936454663.html

... a preliminary analysis of the first several thousand accounts on Parler shows that it is the usual Russia aligned operatives that we in this space have tracked for years. This is a large scale op aligned with Russian interests. This is not some kind of free-speech tech dudebros just tryna let people do their thing. This is a calculated political and economic attack on US interests and we should treat it accordingly. The fact that it sucks makes that easier. But it may get better. 

Edited by sasquatch69
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Wife found out that FIL is getting an iPad for Christmas, so he can put Parler and MeWe on it.

gotta be mobile for late breaking conspiracy theories.

a facebook "friend" posted about 50 stolen election links yesterday on facebook that I assume she got from parler as she's been talking about that too

On 11/17/2020 at 1:26 AM, Queen Bitch said:

It’s always going to be fringe, they’ll be screaming top of lungs that HEY!! WE’RE OVER HERE!!!, insisting we notice them and their “growing” social platform. It’s only going to radicalize them more, which ultimately is a bad thing.

Hilariously, the ones who aren’t banned on twitter will absolutely never leave unless deplatformed.

man, i think its good. its my sliver of anti-Death Spiral hope. without the new brains to infect and the other side calling em dumb - maybe they can eat each other alive. we can all dial in and watch

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

I've been telling the few Trump supporters I know, MeWe is actually owned by China and "MeWe" is the Chinese word for "fools."

Don't forget that Soros has a big stake in Parler through a holding company.  The rest of it is Russian backed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

FIL would have so much more money if he could find paper copies of the Enquirer to buy.

And it probably would be more truthful.

My wife keeps telling me; when she was in high school, her parents told her over and over: "don't believe everything on the Internet".

22 years later, her parents can't live by that.

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

And it probably would be more truthful.

My wife keeps telling me; when she was in high school, her parents told her over and over: "don't believe everything on the Internet".

22 years later, her parents can't live by that.

Did her parents cut out the blue dot from the Enquirer for good luck too? My ex-girlfriend’s parents used to buy 10 copies of the Enquirer, cut out the blue dot and hung them all over the Christmas tree.spacer.png

Just now, MrBig said:

Did her parents cut out the blue dot from the Enquirer for good luck too? My ex-girlfriend’s parents used to buy 10 copies of the Enquirer, cut out the blue dot and hung them all over the Christmas tree.spacer.png

Wat.

(Never heard of the Blue Dot before, but something like this I can easily see the MIL totally believing).

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Wat.

(Never heard of the Blue Dot before, but something like this I can easily see the MIL totally believing).

This was back in 1992 because I remember her parents all had their blue dots out for Ross Perot in the election too. I didn’t know they were still doing the blue dot today but it brings back so many memories.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Wife found out that FIL is getting an iPad for Christmas, so he can put Parler and MeWe on it.

Throw a bunch of crossword puzzle apps, number matching, item matching, Sudoku stuff, adult coloring books, etc. on it and he'll never get around to Parler.  Throw in Angry Birds.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Throw a bunch of crossword puzzle apps, number matching, item matching, Sudoku stuff, adult coloring books, etc. on it and he'll never get around to Parler.  Throw in Angry Birds.

This is a man who has a modest (3-400) hardcover book collection, who years ago would collect books to read, covering a vast array of subject matter.

I'm going to guess he hasn't cracked a cover of a book since the first Obama administration.

Parler will fail as an alternative to Facebook. If it survives at all, likely propped up by Russians and the useful idiots the trump family,  it will just be a forum for Nazis and Holocaust deniers to post their bullshit. 

Twitter should take note and ban trump’s ass immediately for the good of the country. He is a major threat and twitter is enabling it. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Hook 'Em 2

Hopefully FB will eventually not allow links back to Parler. I've been seeing more than one person on my FB feed discovering important Parler info and then racing back to FB to inform everyone. 

parler or others will fail in terms of capturing a mass audience. Sure they can find an internet niche but most people will stray from it when they ultimately get tired of hearing about how the election was stolen.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Twitter should take note and ban trump’s ass immediately for the good of the country. He is a major threat and twitter is enabling it. 

If Twitter bans Trump, he’s just going to continue posting under the alias of the infamous Trump spokesman John Miller.