Nashville explosion

NIUHuskies

There’s always a secondary device.

Initial news report from their Channel 5 goober said it was not believed to be an intentional act. Cars only blow up in the movies knucklehead.

Something released a fuckton of energy large enough to damage buildings several floors above street level. Gonna go ahead and guess ammonium nitrate or something similar.

• Haha 1

Heard a talking head say this was an "IRA style" bombing in that they picked an isolated area at a time of low activity and called police early so they would be the majority of victims. Classic terrorism.

Won’t mean shit, no matter how many cars they blow up.

Fulmer will stay the AD.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RPM said:

Not calling bs, but that's not the story the cops are telling. I'm sure there's quite a bit they aren't saying, but you'd think at least one local source would pick that up.

There's a similar account on the reddit thread. Could still easily be bullshit

https://www.reddit.com/r/nashville/comments/kjyf5f/nashville_fire_radio_explosive_device_in_rv/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

• Hook 'Em 2

Was staying two blocks from there the week before Thanksgiving.  They had basically no homeless camping, trash piles or panhandling...unlike Austin.  Everyone was masked up even outside.  Was really impressed.  

49 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Someone clearly trying to improve Nashville. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/explosion-reported-downtown-nashville-police-investigating

Witnesses told investigators they heard gunshots early in the morning and a message coming from an RV parked in the street warning anyone in the area to evacuate. Officers said they are looking into these reports.

3 minutes ago, Bartles said:

This is the block that has Dick's Last Resort AND Hooters

Some folks will need a plan C for Christmas dinner 

A few Christmases ago I was planning on going to Alamo for dinner and a movie with two of my cousins. Girl cousin took way to long to get ready and we didn't make the movie. Being Christmas night the other showtimes were sold out but we were able to find a showing at another theater for 10:00. We had some time to kill and were hungry for dinner and literally the only place we could find open was a Hooters. The people eating Christmas dinner and Hooters that night were the saddest group of people I've seen assembled.

1 hour ago, Grade of D as in David said:

The people eating Christmas dinner and Hooters that night were the saddest group of people I've seen assembled.

I imagine you don't get the A list waitstaff on Christmas day. I imagine a lot of lopsided titties and muffin tops. I'd be sad, too.

• Haha 1

If there was a warning then this could be a set up. We see it across the Middle East and Afghanistan. They call in the suspicious vehicle and then either command detonate when responders are close or have a secondary one set up to hit them on the way in. Either way fucked up if verified. 

I would think downtown Nashville has a shit ton of security cameras so I am sure they will have video of the driver leaving the vehicle. Watch the fucker be dressed up like Santa. 

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

I would think downtown Nashville has a shit ton of security cameras so I am sure they will have video of the driver leaving the vehicle. Watch the fucker be dressed up like Santa. 

I blame Jeff Fisher until proven otherwise, he's been destroying shit in Nashville for years. 

• Hook 'Em 8