Jump to content
Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×
Machinator

Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, texifornia said:

Crowing that their #1 RB target that they spent all of last year recruiting is going to TCU

  Hide contents

EXv0KBMXQAAw5Oa?format=png&name=360x360EXv0KW1XQAEvG0D?format=png&name=360x360EXv0KhdXYAAuHQW?format=jpg&name=360x360EXv0KqLXYAM6NxA?format=jpg&name=360x360

 

 

LOL Aggys... 🤘

 

Edited by LTtxfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aggys are fucking losers. Hoping for us to fail is all they’ll ever have. And since they’re also cowards, they’ll have to pray for someone else to beat us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the elite recruit they thought they had wrapped up goes to the BDF, but that's OK. I wonder what color Trans Am he showed up at TCU driving?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Scholz said:

aggys are fucking losers. Hoping for us to fail is all they’ll ever have. And since they’re also cowards, they’ll have to pray for someone else to beat us.

And I'm good with this, along with scoreboard.  

Edited by Mdhorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scholz said:

aggys are fucking losers. Hoping for us to fail is all they’ll ever have. And since they’re also cowards, they’ll have to pray for someone else to beat us.

Really, really would watch a reality TV show based on you and your wife navigating life in Texas. The dynamic must be fascinating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

And I'm good with this, along with scoreboard.  

They'll cherry pick the dates to claim they have scoreboard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Really, really would watch a reality TV show based on you and your wife navigating life in Texas. The dynamic must be fascinating. 

She’s a 2%er

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I just want to see her reaction on camera when some red ass yokel does something dumb like gathering in a groups and whooping howdy at one another. I imagine Scholz just going off in a borderline Tourette’s rant, completely unhinged to himself. “Every one of those dumb motherfuckers are too stupid to fucking live. For God’s sake they worship a fucking COLLIE. A dog. And a shitty dog at that! Not even a good dog like a retriever or lab. Fucking dumb motherfuckers shouldn’t be allowed to breed!!” Then the camera pans awkwardly to Mrs. Scholz while she stares at her hands sadly, eyes downcast. Then the theme to Curb Your Enthusiasm plays.  

Edited by SydneyCarton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I just want to see her reaction on camera when some red ass yokel does something dumb like gathering in a groups and whooping howdy at one another. I imagine Scholz just going off in a borderline Tourette’s rant, completely unhinged to himself. “Every one of those dumb motherfuckers are too stupid to fucking live. For God’s sake they worship a fucking COLLIE. A dog. And a shitty dog at that! Not even a good dog like a retriever or lab. Fucking dumb motherfuckers shouldn’t be allowed to breed!!” Then the camera pans awkwardly to Mrs. Scholz while she stares at her hands sadly, eyes downcast. Then the theme to Curb Your Enthusiasm plays.  

Star Trek Applause GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the aggys lose a football game, she says “oh well” and is over it in 3 seconds. She’s much more mature than I am. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Scholz said:

When the aggys lose a football game, she says “oh well” and is over it in 3 seconds. She’s much more mature than I am. 

It's because she's use to it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

 

LOL Aggys... 🤘

 

It really is pathetic. If we ever ended up playing them again and beating them by 30, one of them would proudly compile a list of SEC "brethren" who'd beaten them by 31 or more.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

if we play them, half their team won't care because they're not from texas.

This is problem with most of their games where they don't have an overwhelming talent advantage. None of those OOS kids are there because they want to play for aggy. They are there because they were paid to be there. It's why, Jimbo will never have consistent 10 win success and is just milking aggy for every penny of the $75M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

He doesn't have the drive or to put in the work to recruit, he's gettin paid no matter. This is why he's going with the path of least resistance and signing a shit load of hitmen. It's minimal effort and he gets high star players to keep the stupid fanbase happy. He's basically thinking that he has 10 years of doing as little as possible and maybe, just maybe he'll get lucky that enough hitmen produce to actually compete for one magical year.

Edited by crash_davis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

He doesn't have the drive or to put in the work to recruit, he's gettin paid no matter. This is why he's going with the path of least resistance and signing a shit load of hitmen. It's minimal effort and he gets high star players to keep the stupid fanbase happy. He's basically thinking that he has 10 years of doing as little as possible and maybe, just maybe he'll get lucky that enough hitmen produce to actually compete for one magical year.

Yep. A&M paid $75 million guaranteed to late era Mack. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

He doesn't have the drive or to put in the work to recruit, he's gettin paid no matter. This is why he's going with the path of least resistance and signing a shit load of hitmen. It's minimal effort and he gets high star players to keep the stupid fanbase happy. He's basically thinking that he has 10 years of doing as little as possible and maybe, just maybe he'll get lucky that enough hitmen produce to actually compete for one magical year.

He’s also bleeding them dry with the recruit payments. How long can boosters afford to buy all these new englanders, especially with oil as low as it is and will be?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He’s also bleeding them dry with the recruit payments. How long can boosters afford to buy all these new englanders, especially with oil as low as it is and will be?  

John Sharp’s Hurricane Harvey pockets are deep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Lulz @golfclap Tarp has an article talking about Erik Young transitioning from CB to S.  Everyone saw this coming except aggy.

laugh share GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Lulz @golfclap Tarp has an article talking about Erik Young transitioning from CB to S.  Everyone saw this coming except aggy.

 

7 minutes ago, golfclap said:

laugh share GIF

Good news guys, it's just a pro-active move so they can keep Jaylon Jones at corner!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Lulz @golfclap Tarp has an article talking about Erik Young transitioning from CB to S.  Everyone saw this coming except aggy.

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, how long until Brian Williams hits the portal? He's not going to play in front of Richardson and I would imagine Young and Antonio Johnson both slide in front of him in pretty short order. Carper is still there and of course Leon. 

haha, I just remembered O'Neal pulled his name out of the portal. hahahahahha

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SydneyCarton said:

 

Good news guys, it's just a pro-active move so they can keep Jaylon Jones at corner!

I wonder how many safeties they can recruit as corners but then switch to safety a year later before recruits start catching on? Then again, these are recruits that could’ve gone almost anywhere in the country but chose aggy, so they’re not exactly playing with a full deck of cards to begin with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I wonder how many safeties they can recruit as corners but then switch to safety a year later before recruits start catching on? Then again, these are recruits that could’ve gone almost anywhere in the country but chose aggy, so they’re not exactly playing with a full deck of cards to begin with. 

In a race between your scenario and how long before middling SEC schools figure out how to exploit their zero corners on their roster, I'm not sure which one happens first. Hopefully Leach and Lane make some noise in that department as early as this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Who are they rolling out at CB this year?  Myles Jones and Blades?  Jones is average and Blades can't stay healthy.  Who is next in line?  I know they signed a JUCO, but he hasn't even arrived on campus yet?  Jaylon Jones?   Who is the NB?

That doesn't sound promising considering the Mississippi schools and little Briles at Arky are going to throw it around a lot more than those schools have previously.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Also, how long until Brian Williams hits the portal? He's not going to play in front of Richardson and I would imagine Young and Antonio Johnson both slide in front of him in pretty short order. Carper is still there and of course Leon. 

haha, I just remembered O'Neal pulled his name out of the portal. hahahahahha

 

Leon: Hey, Incarnate Word! How y’all doin? How’d you like to have the best safety in the country come play for your school?

IW: sounds awesome! Who you got in mind?

Leon: uh, me.

IW: ohhhhh, right. Cool cool cool. What was your 40 time again?

Leon: ......

IW: well, hey man. Gotta go, but we’ll definitely keep you in mind in the future. 

Leon: *Rapidly dials Jimbo’s number* Hey, Jimbo I’ve been thinking a lot about it and I’ve decided I’m gonna stay at A&M. Once an aggy, always an aggy, right? 

Jimbo: Uh, you sure about that, son? I think you should take some time to really think it over. You seemed pretty unhappy this year when you ran off the field early like a little bitch.

Leon: Ah Jimbo, you funny! Speaking of little bitches, When we gonna play some more pool volleyball? Anyways, You know I love it here, and I’m staying. See you at practice k bye. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I wonder how many safeties they can recruit as corners but then switch to safety a year later before recruits start catching on? Then again, these are recruits that could’ve gone almost anywhere in the country but chose aggy, so they’re not exactly playing with a full deck of cards to begin with. 

CB -> S  || DE -> DT 

Honestly there's ALWAYS going to be those kids that think they are a CB or DE and aggy will continue to get those kids. And they will continue to lose a year or more of development playing out of position. 

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Who are they rolling out at CB this year?  Myles Jones and Blades?  Jones is average and Blades can't stay healthy.  Who is next in line?  I know they signed a JUCO, but he hasn't even arrived on campus yet?  Jaylon Jones?   Who is the NB?

Brian George, this year's JUCO, and Blades are the expected duo, I think. Of course Blades was pretty fucking pedestrian (to worse last season) so counting not only on him but also on George is ... interesting. NB is Clifford BYGOD Chattman. WHOOP. THIS is the year that he shows out, or Erick Young simply plays NB while Carper/Johnson/O'Neal shake out at FS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, golfclap said:

CB -> S  || DE -> DT 

Honestly there's ALWAYS going to be those kids that think they are a CB or DE and aggy will continue to get those kids. And they will continue to lose a year or more of development playing out of position. 

Brian George, this year's JUCO, and Blades are the expected duo, I think. Of course Blades was pretty fucking pedestrian (to worse last season) so counting not only on him but also on George is ... interesting. NB is Clifford BYGOD Chattman. WHOOP. THIS is the year that he shows out, or Erick Young simply plays NB while Carper/Johnson/O'Neal shake out at FS. 

I’d just like to remind everyone here that Clifford Chatman is currently kid  the s at 6-5. That was pushing absurd as a CB. It’s going to be LOL at NB, if golfclap is correct. 
 

maybe they can take Malcolm Epps in a transfer and play him at corner next. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A&M's run defense should take a big step back, which means their corners should be more exposed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fud said:

A&M's run defense should take a big step back, which means their corners should be more exposed 

Not saying you’re wrong, but why? Madibuke leaving?

Peevy and Leal will be good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Lulz @golfclap Tarp has an article talking about Erik Young transitioning from CB to S.  Everyone saw this coming except aggy.

Maybe pops fell for the banana in the tailpipe. Mo is gone and jimbo will say anything he has to say to get a yes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Who are they rolling out at CB this year?  Myles Jones and Blades?  Jones is average and Blades can't stay healthy.  Who is next in line?  I know they signed a JUCO, but he hasn't even arrived on campus yet?  Jaylon Jones?   Who is the NB?  That doesn't sound promising considering the Mississippi schools and little Briles at Arky are going to throw it around a lot more than those schools have previously.

Holy shit would it be hilarious if both Leach and Baby Briles beat aggy this year!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Lulz @golfclap Tarp has an article talking about Erik Young transitioning from CB to S.  Everyone saw this coming except aggy.

Great line from that article:

In addition, while a 4.64 time in the forty would have placed even greater demand on his physicality and technique at the cornerback spot, Young may well be one of the faster safeties in the program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't Travon Fuller still around?

Fuller, Blades, and Jones are seniors. George is a JUCO, then you go all the way down to incoming freshmen Moten and Jones(safety).

At NB they have Chattman, Morris, and Young was there as well, but I guess he's moving to S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Not saying you’re wrong, but why? Madibuke leaving?

Peevy and Leal will be good 

Marmaduke leaving. He was their one difference maker last year, and one of the two or three best defensive linemen against the run in the country

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Demas is a badass but they may want to temper the FR Heisman enthusiasm. It’s not just that he hasn’t played football in a year— It looks like hasn’t worked out in a year and maybe hasn’t eaten during the pandemic. 
 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, golfclap said:

So Demas is a badass but they may want to temper the FR Heisman enthusiasm. It’s not just that he hasn’t played football in a year— It looks like hasn’t worked out in a year and maybe hasn’t eaten during the pandemic. 
 

 

 

 

He's more raw than Jalen Preston, who can't even see the field, coming out of high school 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, golfclap said:

So Demas is a badass but they may want to temper the FR Heisman enthusiasm. It’s not just that he hasn’t played football in a year— It looks like hasn’t worked out in a year and maybe hasn’t eaten during the pandemic. 
 

Thats a damn shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, golfclap said:

So Demas is a badass but they may want to temper the FR Heisman enthusiasm. It’s not just that he hasn’t played football in a year— It looks like hasn’t worked out in a year and maybe hasn’t eaten during the pandemic. 
 

 

 

 

Problem is Mond is going to be throwing him the ball. If he can make Mond look good, I'd give him a Heisman too. Reality is he going to be facing guys in college that are as tall and athletic as he is with a QB that is known for holding the ball too long and overthrowing short routes and under throwing deep routes. I foresee 1 and done transfer portal to go where there is a veteran QB in year 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fud said:

He's more raw than Jalen Preston, who can't even see the field, coming out of high school 

I mean...he's a little better than Jalen Preston. Come on. 

I'm sure Jimbo will figure out a way to stunt his career though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Problem is Mond is going to be throwing him the ball. If he can make Mond look good, I'd give him a Heisman too. Reality is he going to be facing guys in college that are as tall and athletic as he is with a QB that is known for holding the ball too long and overthrowing short routes and under throwing deep routes. I foresee 1 and done transfer portal to go where there is a veteran QB in year 2.

Remember, Mond is a senior. Senior QB's at aggy tend not to finish the season as the starting QB, so Demas will have plenty of time to build rapport with the committee of QB's that will replace Mond after he is benched for ineffectiveness or injury.

In Year 2 Stowers the Savior will be coming in to bring aggy nation to The Promised Land, so of course Demas will stick around for that.

Year 3 is when Demas will enter the portal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheesh, he's a really really good player. He might not live up to aggy hopes and dreams year one but he's probably not portaling year 2 either. Y'all just wishcasting in the opposite direction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Problem is Mond is going to be throwing him the ball. If he can make Mond look good, I'd give him a Heisman too. Reality is he going to be facing guys in college that are as tall and athletic as he is with a QB that is known for holding the ball too long and overthrowing short routes and under throwing deep routes. I foresee 1 and done transfer portal to go where there is a veteran QB in year 2.

Probably not.  Demas is going to be able to 'out-athlete' just about anyone on the field.  The question is can he hold up (he looks like he weighs about 150 right now).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...