Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

On 12/16/2019 at 4:12 PM, nnm said:

Went ahead and looked at the 1990s for grins.  

1990s:  41-71, including the 3-year 1996-98 interregnum.  Also including their 11-5 1994 year, in which they won a wildcard playoff game.  Unfortunately, the next season they fell to 5-11, and then fired Bill Bellichick.  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

The crazy thing is that in the mid/late 80s they were easily one of the top 5 teams in the AFC.  Seemed like every year it came down to some combination of the Broncos, Browns, Bengals and maybe KC, Seattle or the Raiders in the AFC championship game.

I just moved to Denver a few months back and Mark Schlereth is one of the radio guys in town. It warms my cockles to listen to Schlereth call Mayfield a douchebag on an almost daily basis. It also doesnt hurt that Klatt is a weekly guest.

Edited by Vertigo

The crazy thing is that in the mid/late 80s they were easily one of the top 5 teams in the AFC.  Seemed like every year it came down to some combination of the Broncos, Browns, Bengals and maybe KC, Seattle or the Raiders in the AFC championship game.
I just moved to Denver a few months back and Mark Schlereth is one of the radio guys in town. It warms my cockles to listen to Schlereth call Mayfield a douchebag on an almost daily basis. It also doesnt hurt that Klatt is a weekly guest.
I lived in Denver (USAF) when the Browns were relevant. Lost 2 straight AFC championships to the Broncos who went on to get stomped in their Super Bowls.

I never hated the Broncos until I lived there. No cable on base so only local channels. They had a ton of Broncos-related TV shows - John Elway Show, Dan Reeves Show, Broncos Beat, Denver Huddle, etc. Really annoying shit.
  • Like 1

I lived in Denver (USAF) when the Browns were relevant. Lost 2 straight AFC championships to the Broncos who went on to get stomped in their Super Bowls.

I never hated the Broncos until I lived there. No cable on base so only local channels. They had a ton of Broncos-related TV shows - John Elway Show, Dan Reeves Show, Broncos Beat, Denver Huddle, etc. Really annoying shit.

This is an odd take. You hated the team because they got a lot of coverage in a sports crazed city?
  • Like 1

This is an odd take. You hated the team because they got a lot of coverage in a sports crazed city?
I wasn't a Broncos fan to start, and when you only get 3 channels it kind of sucks when all 3 are airing Broncos-related TV shows almost every day and at the same time. I got tired of hearing about them all the fucking time.

4 hours ago, Chad said:

Remember when the media was hyping up Cleveland as New England's primary challenger during the off season? Yeah.........

Had a pretty good argument on another board with a Lake Travis apologist in August/ September about how Baker was gonna be MVP this year and how he had allegedly surpassed Wilson/ Mahomes/ Brees/ et al for the MVP race.  like the rest of the world, nobody was even mentioning Lamar Jackson, but this cat was convinced Mayfield was going to do what Jackson ended up doing.  We kept reminding him, "It's fucking Cleveland, dude.  It's Quitter Mayfield.  It ain't happening."

The last post was around November 11th, and even then, it was people telling him they were sorry his guy sucked so badly.  Laughably bad...

4 hours ago, Iceman said:

Had a pretty good argument on another board with a Lake Travis apologist in August/ September about how Baker was gonna be MVP this year and how he had allegedly surpassed Wilson/ Mahomes/ Brees/ et al for the MVP race.  like the rest of the world, nobody was even mentioning Lamar Jackson, but this cat was convinced Mayfield was going to do what Jackson ended up doing.  We kept reminding him, "It's fucking Cleveland, dude.  It's Quitter Mayfield.  It ain't happening."

The last post was around November 11th, and even then, it was people telling him they were sorry his guy sucked so badly.  Laughably bad...

Baker’s problem isn’t just that he’s stupid and not a very good football player at this point, it’s that he’s a total piece of shit. That wears on everyone.

Glad to see Baker continue to get his comeuppance. Hoping he suffers a career ending injury soon and disappears. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

He’s an Ohio guy. 

So he knows better...it ain't happenin. Whether he's eyeing a plum college job or not, Urban Meyer  likes people talking about Urban Meyer.

Taking over that shit shitshow in Cleveland isn't like strolling in to Columbus after tressel wore out his welcome 

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

So he knows better...it ain't happenin. Whether he's eyeing a plum college job or not, Urban Meyer  likes people talking about Urban Meyer.

Taking over that shit shitshow in Cleveland isn't like strolling in to Columbus after tressel wore out his welcome 

They fired Bill Belichik. This can’t be emphasized enough. 

6 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:
Baker is really starting to go off the rails lol. He’s just as obsessed with cowherd as cowherd is with him. The difference is, cowherd is doing it to get a reaction. You know...for content. For his show. Baker is doing it because he can’t help himself at all.

That’s who Baker has always been. He’s a whiny piece of shit who always feels slighted. He can’t just move on, he has to be a petty bitch. He doesn’t even know what it is to “be the better man.” He’s never heard of such a thing. 

• Like 1

Dude had peter principled his way to where he is. This is as good as it’s gonna get for him. No amount of moxie is going to help him make the throws he can’t make or run for first downs he’s just not athletic enough to make. He’s exactly what he is - a shitty NFL qb that can’t make it work with two stud WRs and a badass RB. He’s sucks. That’s all there is to it.

• Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread