Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

8 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

And Muschamp would make a ton of sense. Except there would be no reason to slow-play announcing Muschamp.

uYUbWIiF

Gideon is a pretty random hire to make this quickly and supplants the current DC already. Does he have a connection to Sark? The only name getting tossed out for DC that would want him maybe is Muschamp.

EDIT: I guess there's the Freshwater-Sark connection.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

People keep bringing up the same position coaches but cycling through DCs, which is back-asswards to how a coaching search would actually go. 

That probably only works with a guy like Arnett who isn't attached to his assistants and would be happy to have some heavy hitting recruiters on his side of the ball.

Guessing Sark has guys he wants and already has agreements with and is looking for the DC that will accept them. Likely why Muschamp and Odom would be a no because they are experienced enough to believe in the guys they want with them.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Guessing Sark has guys he wants and already has agreements with and is looking for the DC that will accept them. Likely why Muschamp and Odom would be a no because they are experienced enough to believe in the guys they want with them.

Blake Gideon has been at three different places with Will Muschamp, and some people reported that Steve Sarkisian had turned Texas down right before he didn't.

Just sayin'.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I mean, there's no way we make this hire before we have our DC, right?

Safeties...thanks for the year Ash. I do not think Muschamp is dead yet folks. Only reason to slow play could be buyout reasons? 

4 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I guess that could be the case, but I sure hope not.  Seems like an ass backwards way to get a good DC.

Edited by hobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Did Mrs. Muschamp enjoy her time in Austin?

1 minute ago, Rockwell Torrey said:

She loved it.  It was something highlighted when he was named HCIW.  

Maybe this is just the longest of games? Muschamp comes back to Texas and after Sark has gotten us to the promised land, Muschamp finally takes his HCIW tag off for the gig Brown groomed him for all those years ago. 

Time is a flat circle <insert>Rust Cole .gif<insert>

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Don Hornleone said:

If you trust in Muschamp, how do you not trust in Gideon? He threw this borderline 3 star out to the wolves as a true freshman, giving him responsibility to make secondary calls. Say what you want about the guys physical abilities, but he was obviously well equipped when it came to football acumen.

Having Earl Thomas beside you helped too

Edited by Beer Drinker
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Don Hornleone said:

If you trust in Muschamp, how do you not trust in Gideon? He threw this borderline 3 star out to the wolves as a true freshman, giving him responsibility to make secondary calls. Say what you want about the guys physical abilities, but he was obviously well equipped when it came to football acumen.

No shit idiot, he was a coach on the field type and his father was a coach.