Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

2 hours ago, KYHorn said:

It was almost certainly the incident described by CTJ and others on here, which consisted of him getting in a drunken fight with Michelle while on a booster's private plane. Michelle allegedly tried to open the airplane door while in the air. 

Yo What????

18 minutes ago, PsychMike said:

Nobody has to be an NFL guy to consider the following fundamental principle: never assume that a coordinator of a very successful unit is great (OC or DC) if their Head Coach is known to be great at that same position. ...

So... we are fucked with Golding?

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Idk.  Held ND to 14, with 7 of that coming in the final drive of garbage time.  Held tOSU to 24 which is 20 below their average.  Yes, the Lane Kiffin killed them, as did the Dan Mullen.

And 7 of the tOSU points came from a short field after an Alabama turnover.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

So... we are fucked with Golding?

Ah, but it's arguable whether Golding's Alabama unit was "very successful" so it doesn't apply.

Just kidding, that is a fair enough consideration but Golding does have DC experience outside of Saban's orbit. It's not extensive or at a high competition level but still. Saban identified him and hired him from the outside as opposed to Patricia who worked his way up inside of Belichick's system for years.

4 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

The one and only Jason Higdon. 

So Urban Meyer, who has never spent one single day in the NFL, is going to hire Scott Linehan and Chris Ash to be his coordinators?

9d1e37914b558bb7f01c73489fbdfb4f.gif

Wondering if maybe we didn't dodge a bullet there. (I'm kidding. For the most part.)

• Haha 2

If we are going to throw out unsubstantiated rumors about NFL guys for DC, why not Raheem Morris? He at least coached with Sark at Atlanta. He actually switched over to being WR coach while Sarkisian was OC there despite a long history on the other side of the ball. And he's currently unemployed. 

Warning: most poorly edited video in history of ever:

1 hour ago, bullzak said:

Understood but all that time OU kicked our ass their safeties never had to show their backs to our QB. Never. Just crowded the line so we could run or throw short passes into a stacked box. Predictably bad results. 

Way too easy to scheme unless you have witches at QB. 

It was so bad that they crowded the line when there was 97 yards of open field

• Rage+1 8

40 minutes ago, PsychMike said:

Nobody has to be an NFL guy to consider the following fundamental principle: never assume that a coordinator of a very successful unit is great (OC or DC) if their Head Coach is known to be great at that same position. For Matt Patricia, his Head Coach is not only an excellent defensive mind, but he is known for directing practice to cover everything that he thinks is important. Here is a great example of of Belichick's influence on one of the most significant defensive plays in Super Bowl history (note that the defensive coordinator is not mentioned in this passage):

This is why I'd be extremely leery of hiring Eric Bieniemy as I'm starting to see posts online about wondering why the Eagles aren't interested or Urban gets the nod for Jacksonville and Bieniemy doesn't have an interview even.

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

oh... now that's something

4 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

do we like this? I haven't really watched Georgia to be quite honest.

https://247sports.com/coach/Dan-Lanning-3823/

oh..?

.Interested I Need It GIF

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Would be dope but I feel like I'd want Raymond as the last coach in that case to coach corners. Not sure Georgia's got the best defense against the spread. The two times they played the spread offenses in the SEC (Alabama/Florida), they gave up 40+ points.

• Like 1