Meg and Harry interviewed by Oprah on CBS

immamac

16 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Ehhh, that’s one way to look at it. Another way to look at it would be that ahead of the interview the palace leaked a story in a feeble attempt to sandbag the interview. In response Meghan, aka her lawyers requested any and all documents of said false attack on her character because she knows it was a bullshit story made up by the Crown and will sue the Newspaper that printed it. 

It’s a matter of record that she’s trying to play out in our society rather than theirs. 

she’s trying to for the royals to put out their independent review of offenses she undoubtedly did while also coloring the perspective of the US audience to not accept the results. 

3 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

It’s a matter of record that she’s trying to play out in our society rather than theirs. 

she’s trying to for the royals to put out their independent review of offenses she undoubtedly did while also coloring the perspective of the US audience to not accept the results. 

I did not know that. Will you provide said links? Thanks in advance 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I did not know that. Will you provide said links? Thanks in advance 

The stories by the Mail detailing how she treated the staff have been shelved since her trial began and since her subsequent win in court 3 weeks before their interview will almost certainly stay that way. 

Her team is producing a story right now with ‘good guys’ and ‘bad guys’ and having it play out in our media instead of theirs. 

9 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Ehhh, that’s one way to look at it. Another way to look at it would be that ahead of the interview the palace leaked a story in a feeble attempt to sandbag the interview. In response Meghan, aka her lawyers requested any and all documents of said false attack on her character because she knows it was a bullshit story made up by the Crown and will sue the Newspaper that printed it. 

Will be interesting to see how the the palace and its lawyers respond to that request. In the U.S., they'd tell you to GTFO, you have no entitlement to see documents related to an internal harassment complaint. Especially since she's not an employee or former employee and faces no discipline or consequences as a result of said investigation.  I am sure they paid handsomely for an expensive LA firm to send a letter to Buckingham Palace.  

It is interesting watching this story play out on both sides of the pond and how differently she is viewed in the U.S. versus the U.K. I am back living in London now, and she is becoming more and more unpopular by the day over here, even amongst the American expat group. The common views I hear are: 

- is anyone at all surprised that a senior member of the Royal Family might have made a slightly racist comment about Archie? No, not really. But many believe that if you are going to make a claim that strong on Oprah, you should be specific about what was said and who said it.

- she says she knew very little about the Royal Family and PH, but her childhood friends say she was a huge fan of Princess Di growing up. She knew what she was getting herself into with the marriage.

- yes, she has been treated harshly by the press but certainly not worse than Camila, although probably tougher on her than Kate. I personally don't have the context on this point because I don't keep up with this shit but I vaguely remember criticism of Kate and her family from my time here before. 

- people here generally find it believable that she was depressed and having a difficult time but are skeptical that she was truly suicidal, when PW and PH are supporters of 7 or 8 mental health charities. Harry could have gotten her help.

- She comes across "fake" and as a "social climber"

I don't necessarily agree with all of this myself, nor do I care that much about it. I have never seen her speak before and didn't bother to watch the interview as there was enough other media coverage. But of the bits I did see, she doesn't strike me as someone that is completely genuine here.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

The stories by the Mail detailing how she treated the staff have been shelved since her trial began and since her subsequent win in court 3 weeks before their interview will almost certainly stay that way. 

I mean, I don't doubt that every player involved in this thing is a giant twat. But the National Enquirer and the Bat Boy newspaper are more trustworthy sources of news than the Daily Mail.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, smuggs said:

I mean, I don't doubt that every player involved in this thing is a giant twat. But the National Enquirer and the Bat Boy newspaper are more trustworthy sources of news than the Daily Mail.

This is another misconception in this country and exactly why they are tying to move the fight here and change the narrative instead to fight it out there where it would actually matter. 

The tort and liable laws are different in the UK and these media houses are run by publishers who have an open vendetta against the royal family. They are political tools which supply accurate and most importantly embarrassing info by very questionable means.

MMs court case she just won has nothing to do with the paper lying, it had to do with the violation of her privacy.  

As I’ve said before, one should think of these media outlet more like Fox News since they are actually the imputes for it. 

4 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

This is another misconception in this country and exactly why they are tying to move the fight here and change the narrative instead to fight it out there where it would actually matter. 

The tort and liable laws are different in the UK and these media houses are run by publishers who have an open vendetta against the royal family. They are political tools which supply accurate and most importantly embarrassing info by very questionable means.

MMs court case she just won has nothing to do with the paper lying, it had to do with the violation of her privacy.  

As I’ve said before, one should think of these media outlet more like Fox News since they are actually the imputes for it. 

It is no misconception that the Daily Mail has been sued (with damages awarded) time and again for printing libelous unverified gossip. Just because they have an agenda doesn't change the fact that they are a tabloid, first and foremost. I take what I read in the Daily Mail with a grain of salt as should everyone else who reads the gossip rags.

15 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Her team is producing a story right now with ‘good guys’ and ‘bad guys’ and having it play out in our media instead of theirs. 

Oh, by public record, you mean the Daily Mail. I thought there was some interview or clip I hadn’t seen. 

They are BOTH using the media for different reasons, but neither party is “innocent”. Is Megan using the media to manufacture drama get attention for their new Netflix show or whatever? Absolutely. Is the crown using media to protect the crown? Absolutely. Hell this could all be performance art to distract the public from the Royal Pedophile, no one knows 

33 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Oh, by public record, you mean the Daily Mail. I thought there was some interview or clip I hadn’t seen. 

They are BOTH using the media for different reasons, but neither party is “innocent”. Is Megan using the media to manufacture drama get attention for their new Netflix show or whatever? Absolutely. Is the crown using media to protect the crown? Absolutely. Hell this could all be performance art to distract the public from the Royal Pedophile, no one knows 

Sure, that’s correct. It’s truly a game of agendas. 

20 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

My biggest question on a serious note is why protect a racist? If you are that offended, hurt by what was said then why protect the person who said it? How is protecting a racist helping anyone? Why bring it up, and then decline to name names?

You have distanced your family from that environment so what do you gain from not exposing the racist? Are you trying to hedge bets just in case you have to go back?

Probably it's her husband's 99-year-old grandaddy.

1 hour ago, smuggs said:

It is no misconception that the Daily Mail has been sued (with damages awarded) time and again for printing libelous unverified gossip. Just because they have an agenda doesn't change the fact that they are a tabloid, first and foremost. I take what I read in the Daily Mail with a grain of salt as should everyone else who reads the gossip rags.

Sure that’s true, they get sued and lose but it’s not without purpose. Sometimes they make the choice to fling shit against the wall to see what sticks, print bullshit with the intention of being sued so the people involved will be forced to respond and info gets put into the public record. 

you should take all media with a grain of salt, my point is that these rags are used to get to people and not just fantasy for board shoppers. 

Edited by Doc Reeves

21 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

My biggest question on a serious note is why protect a racist? If you are that offended, hurt by what was said then why protect the person who said it? How is protecting a racist helping anyone? Why bring it up, and then decline to name names?

You have distanced your family from that environment so what do you gain from not exposing the racist? Are you trying to hedge bets just in case you have to go back?

I think there are multiple tactical reasons to not give a name.  First, it makes the allegation much harder to deny/refute (especially without outing whoever made the comment).  Second, it creates intrigue and a continuing dialogue in the press over who made the comment.  Third, it allows the listener to draw their own conclusion.  If they simply said "Charles asked how dark the baby was going to be."  Then some peoples' initial reaction is to wonder about the context in which the comment was made and/or wonder if they are overstating things.   The way they presented it, they made it seem as if the comment and context were so hurtful that they could not even give the name . . . which then led everyone to immediately think "I can see Charles saying a hurtful thing like that."  Harry then followed up with a confirmation that it was not his grandparents who made the comment, which totally reinforced the conclusion that most people had already drawn on their own that it was Charles.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

Shit, I guess I do this all the time.  So, if I use a gif with a black person in it to respond to another post...I'm blackfacing?  

Learn something new every day.  Guess I'll limit my gifs to whites only. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Shit, I guess I do this all the time.  So, if I use a gif with a black person in it to respond to another post...I'm blackfacing?  

Learn something new every day.  Guess I'll limit my gifs to whites only. 

If you can dream it, someone will be offended by it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Make of this what y’all will. I found it interesting:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pagesix.com/2021/03/05/who-is-jason-knauf-source-of-the-meghan-markle-bullying-claims/amp/

Meghan presumably felt so comfortable with Knauf, she asked for his feedback on a private letter she sent to her father.

However, a scant two months later, Knauf called out Meghan for allegedly being a boss from hell.

1CB358E9-1376-472E-96A1-70D4DC1817E9.webp

I think the only solution here is to replace the royal family with the actors who play them in The Crown. The cast is better at it, better looking, and far more sympathetic.

Turn Buckingham Palace into a magnificent theatre and have the new royal "family" perform plays about royalty from history. MacBeth. The Lion in Winter (personal fave). Maybe throw in some American stuff where the heir to the thrown is a Yank.

Sell off the royal properties and devote the funds to something more useful than an absurd charade.

I'll take 10 5% of proceeds for the idea and the right to be called Your Excellency for life.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...

Whoops. When does story telling become lying?

Meghan told Oprah Winfrey during their bombshell chat that she and Harry tied the knot “in our backyard” before the lavish public ceremony at Windsor Castle on May 19, 2018.

Meghan told the US chat show queen "it was just the two of us in our backyard with the Archbishop of Canterbury".

Officials later poured cold water on the claim, with Stephen Borton, who drew up the licence for the wedding, telling The Sun Meghan was "obviously confused".

Now in an interview with an Italian newspaper the Archbishop confirmed the real wedding date saying it would have been a "serious criminal offence" to go ahead with the second ceremony if they were already wed

• 5 weeks later...

Prince Harry is likely feeling “regretful and embarrassed” for attacking his family in his TV tell-all with Oprah Winfrey — while his wife, Meghan Markle, is “in her element,” according to a royal biographer who predicts the couple is now in for a “difficult ride.”

The 36-year-old Duke of Sussex only lashed out at the royals because “he’s a hot-headed guy,” Duncan Larcombe, author of “Prince Harry: The Inside Story,” told the UK’s Closer magazine.

“Harry was clearly hurt and angry about Meghan’s experience with the royals — and used the interview to get it out,” the longtime royal editor told the UK mag, according to the Sun, his former paper.

“But after returning home, I’ve no doubt he’s been feeling embarrassed, regretful and awkward.

He’s now facing the consequences. I believe he’ll regret that interview — and maybe his decision to leave the royal family,” said Larcombe.

A newspaper discussing the Oprah tell-all interview reading "Megxile" hangs on the the gate surrounding Buckingham Palace. A newspaper discussing the Oprah tell-all interview reading “Megxile” hangs on the gate surrounding Buckingham Palace.  AP Photo/Kirsty Wigglesworth, File

The royal expert claimed it was obvious Harry was “feeling numb” heading back to LA.

“You could see in his face at the funeral that he was torn,” the royal expert said of the service for Harry’s grandfather Prince Philip.

oming home has reminded him of everything he’s sacrificed in recent years — and of the recent damage done,” Larcombe insisted.

Prince Harry seen with other members of the royal family at Prince Philip's funeral on April 17, 2021. Prince Harry with other members of the royal family at Prince Philip’s funeral on April 17, 2021.

Pool/Max Mumby/Getty Images

But those painful feelings clash with those felt by Markle, who is “elated” and “in her element” living in California, the biographer said.

A family gather around the television in Liverpool to watch the tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey. A family gathers around the television in Liverpool to watch the tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey. PAUL ELLIS/AFP via Getty Images

“Her dream was always LA. So these two feelings — Meghan excited for their future and Harry nostalgic for his old life — are bound to cause tension for them,” Larcombe said

In this March 9, 2021 photo, a man reads a copy of The Standard newspaper with coverage of the two-hour appearance of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle with Oprah Winfrey. In this March 9, 2021, photo, a man reads a copy of the Standard newspaper with coverage of the two-hour appearance of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle with Oprah Winfrey. AP Photo/Sayyid Abdul Azim, File

“I can’t see how Harry can live this new life and keep things harmonious with his family,” he said, calling it a “lose-lose situation.”

“I just don’t think that Harry will be able to live harmoniously as a part of these two worlds — the royals and the LA showbiz world.

A pedestrian passes newspapers on display with front pages featuring images of members of the royal family, outside a shop in London on March 10, 2021. A pedestrian passes newspapers on display with front pages featuring images of members of the royal family, outside a shop in London on March 10, 2021. AP Photo/Kirsty Wigglesworth, FILE

“He’s in for a very difficult ride. There could be tough times ahead,” he predicted

Prince Harry is feeling regretful about the Oprah interview. Probably. According to this dude.  

https://pagesix.com/2021/04/29/prince-harry-embarrassed-about-oprah-tell-all-biographer/

• 4 months later...