Meg and Harry interviewed by Oprah on CBS

immamac

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

Piers Morgan is one of the biggest cunts in the history of the world.  The fact a poster here uses him to bolster their argument is pretty embarrassing for that person. Piers Morgan makes his living being a provocateur who goes after people. He might top the list of Britons who most need their ass kicked.  

This.  Whenever you find yourself agreeing with Piers Morgan, you're wrong, an asshole, or both.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Piers is very much obsessed with Meghan. Using his own words on his meeting her:

“It’s not just a case of a journalist honing in on one woman, it’s more than that. Piers met Meghan years ago after he followed her on Twitter and she messaged him saying she was a fan of his. The pair developed a virtual friendship before meeting for a drink in London when Meghan visited the UK to watch Serena Williams at Wimbledon.

‘We had two hours in the pub, she had a couple of dirty martinis and pints - we got on brilliantly,’ he said of the meeting during an appearance on the Late Late Show. ‘Then I put her in a cab, and it turns out it was the cab that took her to a party where she met Prince Harry. The next night they had a solo dinner and that was the last I ever heard from Meghan Markle. I never heard from her again - Meghan Markle ghosted me.’

——————

Since then he has written countless pieces on her—all negative. Gone on public diatribes on morning shows. Claims not to care about her but just this month alone tweeted about her 60 fucking times. He’s obsessed. It’s sad. He must have thought she’d have slept with him or something. His credibility when it comes to her is warped/skewed. He’s beyond obsessed. It’s kinda sickening. I don’t know if y’all have ever had someone similar in your life—it’s not cool. Whatever she has said or done nothing warrants his weird ass obsession with her.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Piers is very much obsessed with Meghan. Using his own words on his meeting her:

“It’s not just a case of a journalist honing in on one woman, it’s more than that. Piers met Meghan years ago after he followed her on Twitter and she messaged him saying she was a fan of his. The pair developed a virtual friendship before meeting for a drink in London when Meghan visited the UK to watch Serena Williams at Wimbledon.

‘We had two hours in the pub, she had a couple of dirty martinis and pints - we got on brilliantly,’ he said of the meeting during an appearance on the Late Late Show. ‘Then I put her in a cab, and it turns out it was the cab that took her to a party where she met Prince Harry. The next night they had a solo dinner and that was the last I ever heard from Meghan Markle. I never heard from her again - Meghan Markle ghosted me.’

——————

Since then he has written countless pieces on her—all negative. Gone on public diatribes on morning shows. Claims not to care about her but just this month alone tweeted about her 60 fucking times. He’s obsessed. It’s sad. He must have thought she’d have slept with him or something. His credibility when it comes to her is warped/skewed. He’s beyond obsessed. It’s kinda sickening. I don’t know if y’all have ever had someone similar in your life—it’s not cool. Whatever she has said or done nothing warrants his weird ass obsession with her.

senserose.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

The BRF is messed up, but we all knew that.

Also, Meghan is textbook narcissistic personality disorder.

"Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial affairs. People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships unfulfilling, and others may not enjoy being around them."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20366662

Edited by used2b
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

This.  Whenever you find yourself agreeing with Piers Morgan, you're wrong, an asshole, or both.

So you can be an asshole but also be right? Piers can suck and the ginger soulless markles can also suck in a logical world. I don’t know her from Adam (Eve?) so they might love each other or  she could be a Yoko. Dunno honestly. And pierce Morgan ended up on this side of the pond after a Marv Albert level fuck up right?  

I guess my point Is that everyone in this discussion is an asshole with solid points for every side. But as an American, we fought at least two wars to not give a fuck so I always end up there after 5-10min of bullshitting mindless drama.

I didn't see the interview nor read all of this thread but both CNN and MSNBC are running with this story. Can someone give me the cliff notes version of what happened with regard to her mental health? I don't understand what happened. Are they claiming she was experiencing serious depression and asking for medical help but they listened to the palace and did not seek out a doctor or facility but went through it alone? Why didn't they get a doctor? 

These are rich people, they should have sought emergency support if it was needed. Harry isn't a physician nor trained in mental health crisis care. This sounds like a horrid ordeal that they went through. Did they say she had post partem depression? And she is pregnant again? Is that okay a thing to do after such a bad episode? 

1 hour ago, used2b said:

Also, Meghan is textbook narcissistic personality disorder. . . .But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

Ahhh, she needed a shoulder to cry on.  If I must . . . 

Meghan Markle - actress and model

1 hour ago, burntorangebongos said:

I didn't see the interview nor read all of this thread but both CNN and MSNBC are running with this story. Can someone give me the cliff notes version of what happened with regard to her mental health?

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/meghan-markle-oprah-winfrey-interview-bombshell-moments-revelations.html/

10 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Seriously, rather than it being a member of the royal family per se, I think it was a Private Secretary or another member of "the firm."  From both The King's Speech and The Crown, we know it's those people who obsess over appearances and protocol and all that and are always telling the actual members what they should and shouldn't and can and can't do.

This is such a masterclass in spin and bullshit.  Come out and say who said this shit if it was really so awful and racist and the reason you left.  If it was so bad that now you have to issue clarifications so that some people are absolved.

Alternately, come out and admit that "we should clarify on that comment-- although it was out of place and inappropriate, we know the person who said it was not trying to offend us or express racial animosity.  Let's just drop it."

But if you did that people would forget about you and your problems sooner. 

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This is such a masterclass in spin and bullshit.

No doubt. And I agree with what you wrote. When it comes down to brass tacks, The Royal Family Sagas pay a lot of bills for nobility. Fuck with the brand, you get fucked. They signed a deal to be a living museum a long time ago. Megan and her husband pushed back against the machine. Bully for them in my book.  I would want my daughter to push back and stand up for herself like Megan. 

We are all humans - well, mostly human (note: that was not a Neanderthal reference). She and her husband made a choice on how they wanted to live their lives (self-imposed spotlight on her and the spotlight imposed on him by birth). That is self-responsibility - a virtue. 

She presented what she wanted to present (self-advocacy: essential life skill). Megan communicated the message efficiently and effectively to a large audiences, as is required since this affects the Crown. Nothing I heard slighted the Queen or Kate (which would not have been fair, since they are both trapped in the same system that Megan withdrew from; they can't defend themselves in that system that restricts movement and speech). That's fairness by deed. That's a pretty good human being where I come from. 

what am i missing with the animus toward megan?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, used2b said:

"Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial affairs. People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships unfulfilling, and others may not enjoy being around them."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20366662

So................ either a celebrity, politician, or a woman ?  

2 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

No doubt. And I agree with what you wrote. When it comes down to brass tacks, The Royal Family Sagas pay a lot of bills for nobility. Fuck with the brand, you get fucked. They signed a deal to be a living museum a long time ago. Megan and her husband pushed back against the machine. Bully for them in my book.  I would want my daughter to push back and stand up for herself like Megan. 

We are all humans - well, mostly human (note: that was not a Neanderthal reference). She and her husband made a choice on how they wanted to live their lives (self-imposed spotlight on her and the spotlight imposed on him by birth). That is self-responsibility - a virtue. 

She presented what she wanted to present (self-advocacy: essential life skill). Megan communicated the message efficiently and effectively to a large audiences, as is required since this affects the Crown. Nothing I heard slighted the Queen or Kate (which would not have been fair, since they are both trapped in the same system that Megan withdrew from; they can't defend themselves in that system that restricts movement and speech). That's fairness by deed. That's a pretty good human being where I come from. 

what am i missing with the animus toward megan?

That she could just be full of narcissistic, shit ? That's the general opposing view.

I haven't come to any conclusion as to whether to believe her or not and haven't given it much thought other than posts here. It's only been her side of the story, but the negative/attack press clippings do make it easier to believe her on that front at least (I'd like to see a timeline, chronicling of them, did it start that way or turn into that as the relationship developed ?).  Harry for sure seems to be taking her side pretty blatantly (he's a bit damaged goods though IMO).

5 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

I didn't see the interview nor read all of this thread but both CNN and MSNBC are running with this story. Can someone give me the cliff notes version of what happened with regard to her mental health? I don't understand what happened. Are they claiming she was experiencing serious depression and asking for medical help but they listened to the palace and did not seek out a doctor or facility but went through it alone? Why didn't they get a doctor? 

These are rich people, they should have sought emergency support if it was needed. Harry isn't a physician nor trained in mental health crisis care. This sounds like a horrid ordeal that they went through. Did they say she had post partem depression? And she is pregnant again? Is that okay a thing to do after such a bad episode? 

She was in tears describing the stress of googling their national anthem and having to curtesy in private!!  Can we blame them for missing the signs?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Piers Morgan once again (it's a daily thing) showing he's a spineless waste of semen. Gets called out for the years of insane things he's blasted Markle about and just huffs off set. As the Brits say, what a wanker. 

https://apple.news/AmyEM6HOOS9yBLeCeSEVKSA

Yep! 

He’s unhinged obsessed. So what they met for drinks several years ago? After he started following her on Twitter. In his own words, they got on brilliantly and then he put her in a cab that took her to a party where she met Harry. And Piers never heard from her again. Omg the horror! Again, his words, “Meghan Markle ghosted me!” 

It happens all the time. Except for the part where you meet a Prince. Dude can’t get past the fact that she wasn’t all that into him. For a fellow colleague to even point this out on the air...this morning. To the effect of, “she cut things off with you and has the right to do so and to her credit she’s never attacked you publicly,” is telling. Piers she wasn’t that into you. Jeez. Move on sicko. 

17 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Yep! 

He’s unhinged obsessed. So what they met for drinks several years ago? After he started following her on Twitter. In his own words, they got on brilliantly and then he put her in a cab that took her to a party where she met Harry. And Piers never heard from her again. Omg the horror! Again, his words, “Meghan Markle ghosted me!” 

It happens all the time. Except for the part where you meet a Prince. Dude can’t get past the fact that she wasn’t all that into him. For a fellow colleague to even point this out on the air...this morning. To the effect of, “she cut things off with you and has the right to do so and to her credit she’s never attacked you publicly,” is telling. Piers she wasn’t that into you. Jeez. Move on sicko. 

It’s a bit

16 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

She just won a big privacy case against the Mail because they printed excerpts of a handwritten letter to her father that was not received well by the public among other shitty things. It was a pretty dramatic series of hearings where her friends testified incognito and a reporter she interviewed with passed along embarrassing notes Megan had set to her about how she wanted the story to play. She evidently was mistaken about what kind of writer she was speaking to. Shit like that. 

lots of the more salacious stories of her being a bitch to royal staff has been shelved because of the lawsuits. Whatever the truth about the specifics, one thing is certain: the staff did not like her, and she was not crazy about them.

Oh, an upstairs downstairs thing?

10 hours ago, used2b said:

[The]Sounds familiar[/Donald]
/cr

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Oh, an upstairs downstairs thing?

Well, the staff was like Harry’s family and they loved him. She had a lot of red flags that rubbed the staff the wrong way.

whatever the truth is, people should at least be aware that the timing of this interview is related to this court win and was handled by her PR firm. It is much closer to an episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians than a soul bearing interview which is why some are taking such offense. 

15 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Goes from that to hanging with Oprah and Tyler Perry.  Jedi Fucking Master.

I prefer a little more intentionality from my Jedi Masters.

I'd call her a Jedi Master before Harry.  As far as I can tell, he's just along for the ride.

I enjoy the idea being thrown out that this is all Meghan's fault. That she groomed Harry to want to leave his family. Harry who lost his mom because the British press created an environment that never left his mother alone. Yeah, no way that scarred him at all and made him want to find a way to leave it all behind. 

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I enjoy the idea being thrown out that this is all Meghan's fault. That she groomed Harry to want to leave his family. Harry who lost his mom because the British press created an environment that never left his mother alone. Yeah, no way that scarred him at all and made him want to find a way to leave it all behind. 

There were several heated arguments related to Megan that are directly responsible for the break between William and Harry who used to be extremely close.

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yeah, if wanted some "prim and proper" British woman to sit next to him the rest of his life and go to funerals and shit, he wouldn't have married her. 

He didn't want the nonsense and he's a part of the long game, too.  He's the husband his mother needed.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Yeah, if wanted some "prim and proper" British woman to sit next to him the rest of his life and go to funerals and shit, he wouldn't have married her. 

He didn't want the nonsense and he's a part of the long game, too.  He's the husband his mother needed.

If he had not met Megan, Harry would still be a Royal. Without question.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/8/2021 at 8:42 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

Probably says more about you than it does about her. 

Actually, when I first heard of this whole deal, I didn't know anything about her except she was kind of hot.  I immediately thought, ooh American, commoner, Wallis Simpson.  I don't even recall whether I knew she was black/mixed, so that didn't enter into it until later.

My sympathies lay with both of them.

As time passed however, and not following it closely at all, and discounting the British press, data points began to accumulate that indicated to me that she is a gold digger/attention horse.

I'm not convinced she's NPD anymore than the next actor.  But her apparent desire to be famous and to make shitpiles of money from fame, and using the royal family to promote that, while not being burdened or saddled by royal family responsibilities strikes me as a bit off.

If they wanted to resign from royal responsibility and live a life of "quiet desperation," as I think Harry would prefer, I would have a lot more respect for her/them.

What it does say about me is that I do not respect fame whores.  Whether she is an actual gold digger or not, she is clearly a fame whore and that puts her in the Kardashian category for me.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

——————

Who cares, tho?

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

The amount of interest in the narcissist Meghan and the insane Royal Family of Britain on this board is honestly freaking disgusting. Like wow.

i mean, there's an annual shart thread, threads about shitting in the showers and taking anonymous creeper pics of women in public, but this thread is freaking disgusting?

giphy (12).gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Actually, when I first heard of this whole deal, I didn't know anything about her except she was kind of hot.  I immediately thought, ooh American, commoner, Wallis Simpson.  I don't even recall whether I knew she was black/mixed, so that didn't enter into it until later.

My sympathies lay with both of them.

As time passed however, and not following it closely at all, and discounting the British press, data points began to accumulate that indicated to me that she is a gold digger/attention horse.

I'm not convinced she's NPD anymore than the next actor.  But her apparent desire to be famous and to make shitpiles of money from fame, and using the royal family to promote that, while not being burdened or saddled by royal family responsibilities strikes me as a bit off.

If they wanted to resign from royal responsibility and live a life of "quiet desperation," as I think Harry would prefer, I would have a lot more respect for her/them.

What it does say about me is that I do not respect fame whores.  Whether she is an actual gold digger or not, she is clearly a fame whore and that puts her in the Kardashian category for me.

How is Meghan Markle more of a gold-digger than Kate Middleton? Or Diana Spencer?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

But her apparent desire to be famous and to make shitpiles of money from fame, and using the royal family to promote that, while not being burdened or saddled by royal family responsibilities strikes me as a bit off.

That's what turns me off.  Part of being royal is the charity works, etc. 

Nah, f all that, how can we turn this into netflix deals and vapid celebrity status?

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

How is Meghan Markle more of a gold-digger than Kate Middleton? Or Diana Spencer?

I didn't say they weren't gold diggers.  Maybe they were.

I start with the premise that they all "fell in love" with whomever they fell in love with.  I also grant Meghan some leeway in that, as an American, she was more unaware of the burdens of royalty than Diana or Kate may have been, and it would not at all surprise me if Harry failed to adequately apprise her.

But, turning on the cynicism, maybe they specifically married their princes expressly for fame and wealth.  Or maybe knowing what was in store, they chose the fame and wealth over a quieter life with another spouse. But, even Diana bore the royal slings and arrows with relative grace.

But what there isn't evidence of is that they wanted to have their fame cake and eat it too.   One of the things that tore it for me was the Sussex Royal branding.  They/she had a goddam business plan for being royalty without having to be royalty.  That's fucking obnoxious.

Also, I should be clear that I don't fault either of them for wanting off the royal merry-go round.  I do fault them for making a "look at me" spectacle out of it with pretty obvious commercial motives.

Further, there's credible evidence that even without royal stipends, they're in the top echelon of American wealth already and could live a comfortable, quiet life.  Being off the royal tit isn't going to impoverish them.  And, they both have sufficient built-in fame/notoriety to earn tidy incomes without going on fucking Oprah and being obnoxious about it

Perhaps gold-digger is the wrong term.

Fame whore, or fame digger is more apt.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2