Meg and Harry interviewed by Oprah on CBS

immamac

33 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The only people that give a shit about these mopes are middle aged white women and gay dudes.

I resent that. I could not give 2 shits. Just laughing at the middle aged dude dorks here who won’t stop talking about it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I watched the interview and want to point out a few things that were actually said:

• When Meghan started dating Harry, she was told by the palace what she could and couldn't do and say, and the palace said they would protect her and her family. 
  • The palace hosts Christmas parties for members of the press to strengthen their influence with them.
  • As the press continued to attack Meghan and print lies, nothing was done by the palace to refute what was printed, even though they have the power and influence to do so when they want to.
  • As a result of the bullying in the media, Meghan contemplated suicide and reached out for help but was given none.
  • It was hard for Meghan and Harry not to assume race was part of the reason, especially after they were asked how dark their baby would be.
  • After the discussion of their baby's skin color, they were told he would not be given a title, which means he would not have security even as they continued to be attacked by the media.
  • Harry saw less support and more attacks after Meghan did really well during a tour in Australia. Oprah compared that to what happened to Diana after her successful Australia tour and Charles' subsequent jealousy,
  • Charles cut off Harry financially and stopped taking his calls. Their relationship with the Queen was good but they were stopped from seeing her eventually, presumably by people close to her (implied- Charles?)
  • Since being cut off financially, Harry said the money from his mother afforded them the opportunity to move to the US and support them until they could make their own (Netflix deals, etc.)
  • Based on all this and more, Harry was very concerned what happened to his mother would happen to his wife so they got out of there. 

The story they shared shows doesn't sound like fame whoring to me, more like a window into how an institution fights hard to maintain the status quo, rather than looking inward to address problems and move forward. This is why I think it's been given so much attention outside of the UK, because a similar pattern is happening in many of our institutions across the world.

Also, I think they have receipts. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

The same reason Charles alerts the press to cover his dinners with Camilla. Money 

No, it’s appeasement. The relationship between the press and royal family is very contentious. MM was a pawn in their battle with the Royals and now her media firm is trying to use them in turn as a weapon against the royals. MM is using a Kardashians playbook and daring the royals to answer her claims which in all likelihood are completely unprovable. 

It’s a pretty strong strategy on MMs peoples part.

• Since being cut off financially, Harry said the money from his mother afforded them the opportunity to move to the US and support them until they could make their own (Netflix deals, etc.)

Thank God for Netflix. How could they have survived on his mother's money?

On 3/9/2021 at 5:16 PM, Restinmybones said:

The US had royalty during the Victorian era and has let a royal class develop, once again. They don't conspicuously call themselves "Lords and Ladies" but they are essentially Lords and Ladies. Economists and intellectuals call them "oligarchs". They include Bezos, Gates, Zuckerberg, etc., as well as several multi-national corporations. Most Americans adore and admire them. We've wanted our own royalty for some time and we have them.

We've never not had one.  Don't kid yourself.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

We've never not had one.  Don't kid yourself.

Probably right. I think their power has been limited during certain historical periods, both here in the US and in other countries. While limiting their power hasn't always resulted in a better power structure, people should always question and resist too much wealth and power in too few hands.  

Well, Doctor, what have we got? A republic or a monarchy?

A republic, if you can keep it.

~ Attributed to Benjamin Franklin

I'd be highly surprised if some of you are married with the general disdain some of you seem to have for women and if you are married then I feel sorry for your wives. Also not sure how you can look at this situation and think MM was a mastermind behind how all this was going to play out while basically excusing the behavior from the royal family. Is MM innocent in all this, probably not, but I don't think we would be here if she was treated in a fair manner. I think both PH and MM went into this very naive in regards to how they were going to be treated, the red flags were there while they were dating, maybe they thought things would smooth over once they got married instead of it getting much worse. Regardless, the two of them seem in love, and MM provided the out PH was seeking. I am happy for them. 

21 hours ago, APersonAPerson4567 said:

I watched the interview and want to point out a few things that were actually said:

• When Meghan started dating Harry, she was told by the palace what she could and couldn't do and say, and the palace said they would protect her and her family. 
  • The palace hosts Christmas parties for members of the press to strengthen their influence with them.
  • As the press continued to attack Meghan and print lies, nothing was done by the palace to refute what was printed, even though they have the power and influence to do so when they want to.
  • As a result of the bullying in the media, Meghan contemplated suicide and reached out for help but was given none.
  • It was hard for Meghan and Harry not to assume race was part of the reason, especially after they were asked how dark their baby would be.
  • After the discussion of their baby's skin color, they were told he would not be given a title, which means he would not have security even as they continued to be attacked by the media.
  • Harry saw less support and more attacks after Meghan did really well during a tour in Australia. Oprah compared that to what happened to Diana after her successful Australia tour and Charles' subsequent jealousy,
  • Charles cut off Harry financially and stopped taking his calls. Their relationship with the Queen was good but they were stopped from seeing her eventually, presumably by people close to her (implied- Charles?)
  • Based on all this and more, Harry was very concerned what happened to his mother would happen to his wife so they got out of there. 

The story they shared shows doesn't sound like fame whoring to me, more like a window into how an institution fights hard to maintain the status quo, rather than looking inward to address problems and move forward. This is why I think it's been given so much attention outside of the UK, because a similar pattern is happening in many of our institutions across the world.

Also, I think they have receipts. 

1 hour ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I'd be highly surprised if some of you are married with the general disdain some of you seem to have for women and if you are married then I feel sorry for your wives. Also not sure how you can look at this situation and think MM was a mastermind behind how all this was going to play out while basically excusing the behavior from the royal family. Is MM innocent in all this, probably not, but I don't think we would be here if she was treated in a fair manner. I think both PH and MM went into this very naive in regards to how they were going to be treated, the red flags were there while they were dating, maybe they thought things would smooth over once they got married instead of it getting much worse. Regardless, the two of them seem in love, and MM provided the out PH was seeking. I am happy for them. 

Things must really be tight when Harry and Meg have to do their own pr.

1 hour ago, SarkAfterDark said:

you don’t seem familiar with WASPs. 

did the royals act cold, bitter and hurt her feelings? Buddy, they are British. You better believe they did.

did they do it to her willy billy because she was too dark? Fuck no. Whatever she did, she pissed them off big time. 

this exact scenario has been playing out with my wife’s old friend and her old money in-laws. Cold shoulder shit, subtle jabs to halt her social climbing- the works. 
The thing is, she is a genuine manipulative sociopath who has admitted to us many times she only married the kid for his money, lies constantly and cheats on him. 

To their credit the in-laws had her pegged from day one and it’s been a chefs kiss of unspoken brutality. 

People act the way the royals act for a reason. What that reason was is the narrative MM is trying to manipulate.

2 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

you don’t seem familiar with WASPs. 

did the royals act cold, bitter and hurt her feelings? Buddy, they are British. You better believe they did.

did they do it to her willy billy because she was too dark? Fuck no. Whatever she did, she pissed them off big time. 

this exact scenario has been playing out with my wife’s old friend and her old money in-laws. Cold shoulder shit, subtle jabs to halt her social climbing- the works. 
The thing is, she is a genuine manipulative sociopath who has admitted to us many times she only married the kid for his money, lies constantly and cheats on him. 

To their credit the in-laws had her pegged from day one and it’s been a chefs kiss of unspoken brutality. 

People act the way the royals act for a reason. What that reason was is the narrative MM is trying to manipulate.

Again this entire take is weird. And along with a general dislike for women obviously some of you would be to pussy to defend your wife against your family. 

15 hours ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Again this entire take is weird. And along with a general dislike for women obviously some of you would be to pussy to defend your wife against your family. 

Your take is ridiculous,. This has nothing to do with liking or disliking women.  Most people, me included, can believe or not believe her, and not have any personal feelings about her as a woman.  You seem to have some bizarre notion that belief or disbelief determines your like or dislike of a women ?  Pretty far fetched.

12 posts ?  Do better or GTFO.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SarkAfterDark said:

If it’s weird to you, that’s cool.  If you don’t live in that world, that’s fine too but there’s plenty of stuff on Net flicks to get you caught up on how patrician people act. 

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Yeah I can’t believe you stupid fucks are interested in talking about a subject I’m not interested in. I’m here to tell you about it. 

9 pages of "i don't care". That's a lot of apathy. Aggressive some might say. If they cared. 

Megan is going hard pressing the royals to dump private info into the press, something that would be very unusual if it happens. Also, it’s a veiled threat of litigation by her toward any staff member that comes forward with info. Pretty cut throat in terms of pubic opinion. One thing is certain, she is not the person she’s portraying herself as. 

Ahead of the Oprah interview, the palace promised to investigate allegations that Meghan bullied palace staff that were reported in The Times newspaper

12:16 PM

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
gettyimages-943178402.jpg

THE DUCHESS OF SUSSEX

MAX MUMBY / INDIGO / GETTY IMAGES

Ahead of the Oprah interview last week, Buckingham Palace responded to allegations made by the Times that Meghan had bullied palace staff. In a departure from days of yore, when the Royal Family were known for maintaining a careful level of distance from the popular press, rarely engaging with rumours and reports, they released a statement and in it, they promised to investigate the matter further. The statement read: ‘We are clearly very concerned about allegations in the Timesfollowing claims made by former staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Accordingly our HR team will look into the circumstances outlined in the article.’

Yesterday, 14 March, it was reported that the Duchess of Sussex has written to Buckingham Palace to request evidence in relation to the bullying allegations against her. The Mail on Sunday claims that the Duchess requested ‘documents, emails or text messages’ relating to the case. A spokesman for the Sussexes declined to comment.

Here's what we learnt from Harry and Meghan's Oprah interview
_oprah_with_meghan_and_harry_03-square.j

ROYALS

Here's what we learnt from Harry and Meghan's Oprah interview

The palace has reportedly instructed a law firm to handle the inquiry into the claims. The palace has decided the investigation will be handled by ‘independent’ external investigators, instead of the in-house inquiry initially announced, according to the Times.

The Buckingham Palace statement continued: ‘Members of staff involved at the time, including those who have left the Household, will be invited to participate to see if lessons can be learned. The Royal Household has had a Dignity at Work policy in place for a number of years and does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace.’ 

The Sussex Circle: the key figures who worked with Meghan at Kensington Palace at the time of the allegations
gettyimages-949584284-square.jpg

ROYALS

The Sussex Circle: the key figures who worked with Meghan at Kensington Palace at the time of the allegations

gettyimages-1126955113.jpg

THE DUCHESS OF SUSSEX IS 'SADDENED' BY ALLEGATIONS OF BULLYING AT KENSINGTON PALACE

HANNAH MCKAY - WPA POOL / GETTY IMAGES

Following the publication of the article on 3 March, a spokesman said on Meghan’s behalf that she was ‘saddened’ by the report that she faced a bullying complaint during her time at Kensington Palace. The Times published a story saying Meghan allegedly drove two personal assistants out of the household and undermined the confidence of a third member of staff.

The account came days ahead of her and Prince Harry’s two-hour ‘bombshell’ television interview with Oprah Winfrey. At the time, Meghan’s spokesman said: ‘The Duchess is saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma. She is determined to continue her work building compassion around the world and will keep striving to set an example for doing what is right and doing what is good.’

The Duchess of Sussex lived in Kensington Palace for nearly a year after her marriage to Prince Harry in 2018 and according to the story in the Times, the formal complaint was made in October 2018 by Jason Knauf, then the Sussexes’ communications secretary, over email.

Mr Knauf’s email is understood to have been sent to Simon Case, then the Duke of Cambridge’s private secretary and now the Cabinet Secretary, after he discussed the matter with Samantha Carruthers, the head of HR. Mr Case forwarded it to Ms Carruthers, who was based at Clarence House. Knauf reportedly said Carruthers had ‘agreed with me on all counts that the situation was very serious’ and he remained concerned that nothing would be done. It is claimed the Duke of Sussex pleaded with Mr Knauf not to pursue it, according to a source. However, lawyers for the couple denied that such a meeting took place or that the Duke would interfere with a staff matter. 

Harry and Meghan’s lawyers told the Times that it was ‘being used by Buckingham Palace to peddle a wholly false narrative’ ahead of the Oprah interview. A spokesman for the Sussexes was quoted as saying: ‘Let’s just call this what it is: a calculated smear campaign based on misleading and harmful misinformation. We are disappointed to see this defamatory portrayal of the Duchess of Sussex given credibility by a media outlet.

‘It’s no coincidence that distorted several-year-old accusations aimed at undermining the duchess are being briefed to the British media shortly before she and the duke are due to speak openly and honestly about their experience of recent years.’

Meet Simon Case, former royal aide and the new chief of the civil service
original-1-square.jpg

POLITICS

Meet Simon Case, former royal aide and the new chief of the civil service

trkh4d.jpg

THE DUKE AND DUCHESS OF SUSSEX

MALCOLM PARK MILITARY ARCHIVE / ALAMY STOCK PHOTO

Royal aides are said to have approached the Times ahead of the Oprah interview because they felt only ‘a partial version’ had emerged of the Duchess’s two years as a working member of the Royal Family. Sources reportedly expressed concern that nothing was done at the time to investigate the situation, and nothing had been done since to protect staff against the possibility of bullying by a member of the Royal Family.

When the Sussex and Cambridge households split in March 2019, Mr Knauf took up a job as an adviser to the Duke of Cambridge and is now chief executive of the Cambridges' Royal Foundation. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex quit their roles as senior working royals in March 2020 and now live in California. Last month Buckingham Palace announced the couple would not return as working members of the Royal Family.

Megxit Barometer: the winners and losers of Meghan and Harry’s royal departure 365 days ago
gettyimages-1211434809-square.jpg

FEATURES

Megxit Barometer: the winners and losers of Meghan and Harry’s royal departure 365 days ago

The claims emerged before the couple’s interview with Oprah Winfrey last week, in which Meghan made claims that her requests for help when she was feeling suicidal were ignored by palace staff and she made allegations of racism against the palace that have been denied.

Ehhh, that’s one way to look at it. Another way to look at it would be that ahead of the interview the palace leaked a story in a feeble attempt to sandbag the interview. In response Meghan, aka her lawyers requested any and all documents of said false attack on her character because she knows it was a bullshit story made up by the Crown and will sue the Newspaper that printed it. 

My biggest question on a serious note is why protect a racist? If you are that offended, hurt by what was said then why protect the person who said it? How is protecting a racist helping anyone? Why bring it up, and then decline to name names?

You have distanced your family from that environment so what do you gain from not exposing the racist? Are you trying to hedge bets just in case you have to go back?

• Hook 'Em 2