Meg and Harry interviewed by Oprah on CBS

immamac

21 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Meghan Markle is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with American society in 2021. A shallow, C-level actress who thought marrying a prince would enhance her career prospects. She had zero willingness or desire to learn about the central role the royal family has in the fabric of Britain and the duty and honor involved in carrying out those responsibilities. Prince Harry's grandmother is the living embodiment of the state, anointed by the Archbishop of Canterbury as God's chosen representative. The Crown an institution that has existed for over a 1,000 years, undergirded by faith, beauty and mystery. Meghan is like the typical, historically challenged American that does not have the framework or brainpower to understand an institution and form of government that is far superior to our own. Meghan is an Instagram, look at me attention whore on steroids. She is the worst type of woman a man can get involved with, one that creates friction and rupture from one's family and friends causing him to give up a career in the military that he loved. I loathe that succubus of a woman. Compare her to the Princess of Wales who is pure class and true beauty and fulfills her role to perfection.  I feel sorry for Prince Harry and their child being denied their birthright by this awful woman. A good rule of thumb for the royal family going forward, avoid marrying an American. The only nice thing that can be said about Meghan is that at least she isn't a Nazi and is automatically better than the other American shit stain wife of royalty.

User name checks out(?)

Another The Crown watcher checking in.

No doubt in my mind that Charles asked the, "how dark will the baby be?" question.

As it pertains to the, "the new baby will not have a title, nor security" issue, I took that to have been discussed / decided while she was pregnant with him. This would have been before they stepped away. That seemed to be one issue that led to them wanting to move away from being "Senior" members of the royal family to "junior" members or whatever it was called.  I can't say I blame them on that. Sounded like they were already being treated as junior so wanted to make it official and ideally be able to live their life in a little more 'normal' fashion than those of the "senior" members.

Back to things learned from The Crown... pretty much every "senior" member of the royal family (except the sitting monarch) is straight fucked from having a life whose primary purpose is this mythical / mysterious responsibility to protect the monarch, while literally nothing would happen if the monarchy no longer existed in this day and age.

Also, I can't wait for the Saturday Night Live take on this whole thing. 🤣

Edited by orange dream
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Seriously, rather than it being a member of the royal family per se, I think it was a Private Secretary or another member of "the firm."  From both The King's Speech and The Crown, we know it's those people who obsess over appearances and protocol and all that and are always telling the actual members what they should and shouldn't and can and can't do.

Harry and Meghan are far more interesting as a part of the Royal family than they are on their own.

Sure this interview will help them with their financial endeavors...but what was the ultimate goal?

There is no way this will bring Harry (not that he wants to be) closer to Charles and William. The Royal family isn’t going to capitulate and make a public statement apologizing. Harry and Meghan’s own children are now further removed from the family.

In the short term, yes they have found sympathy from some and will surely make money off that sympathy but...ultimately it’s a short game. Checkers. 

I just don’t see how this helps them at all. Saying on one hand you love the Queen and she’s your favorite and you are closer than ever and then branding the Firm of which she is a part and the figurehead of, a racist entity which is cruel and heartless and mean spirited etc...

I never thought the interview was a good idea. British media is bonkers though. Damn. Just going ballistic. 

I don’t doubt that Harry believes he did the right thing for his wife. Saving her in a way, he believes, that he was unable to save his mother. I just don’t think in the long term this does much to help them. Unless their goals were only short sided.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Prior to the wedding, the media was fawning over Meghan. The arrival of Meghan was greeted by the same press—and the same masses—with joyous acclaim, that she was portrayed as somewhere between Grace Kelly and Diana Ross - from the WSJ.

"When some future historian, or perhaps some honest parodist of our modern mores, seeks an event that captures the inversion at the core of our continuing cultural revolution, he should examine closely the television spectacle that aired on CBS Sunday evening. You’d struggle to find a better metaphor for one of the dominant narratives of our age: our elites parading their grievances and preoccupations for the masses, demanding sympathy, issuing a call for the ordinary people to do better to acknowledge their own sinfulness."

What probably happened:

PH - "Hey, Wills, Imma marry Meghan Markle"

PW - "That girl from suits?  She's hot and smart.  Well done.  Is she black? I wonder how dark your kids will be? Probably a lot darker than your pale pasty ginger ass.  Whatever, I'm sure y'all will have beautiful kids.  Pretty sure you might have outkicked your coverage on this one, bruh, congrats."

How it is now:

MM Windsor - "Oprah, (between sobs) I'm not going to say who it was but there were conversations between royals who were concerned about how dark our kids would be. . . plus 65% of the commonwealth is POC so I don't get why it was such a big deal. . ."

I may be wrong but if I had a sibling getting married - anyone, I don't care - that conversation is going to happen.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

It strikes me as odd the claim that "the firm" offered no mental health support.

Sure, that fits some narrative that the family is medieval and cruel, and stiff-upper-lip and 1066 and all that, but having a member break down or commit suicide or even attempt it seems really counterproductive to being discreetly "perfect."  It's hard to believe that the whole institution is that full of retrograde thinking, if for no other reason than it is a high risk for reflecting badly on the crown.

It would seem they would rather manage such issues discreetly and proactively rather than have something dramatic happen that can't be easily concealed. For example, I'm sure they would have preferred to manage Margaret's alcoholism and toxic marriage with serial flagrant infidelity in a more discreet and proactive fashion if Margaret had been willing to do so.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

What probably happened:

PW - "That girl from suits?  She's hot and smart.  Well done.  Is she black? I wonder how dark your kids will be? Probably a lot darker than your pale pasty ginger ass.  Whatever, I'm sure y'all will have beautiful kids.  Pretty sure you might have outkicked your coverage on this one, bruh, congrats."

How it is now:

MM Windsor - "Oprah, (between sobs) I'm not going to say who it was but there were conversations between royals who were concerned about how dark our kids would be. . . plus 65% of the commonwealth is POC so I don't get why it was such a big deal. . ."

I may be wrong but if I had a sibling getting married - anyone, I don't care - that conversation is going to happen.

You forgot "it's all pink inside, eh wot, wink wink, nudge nudge."

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It strikes me as odd the claim that "the firm" offered no mental health support.

Sure, that fits some narrative that the family is medieval and cruel, and stiff-upper-lip and 1066 and all that, but having a member break down or commit suicide or even attempt it seems really counterproductive to being discreetly "perfect."  It's hard to believe that the whole institution is that full of retrograde thinking, if for no other reason than it is a high risk for reflecting badly on the crown.

It would seem they would rather manage such issues discreetly and proactively rather than have something dramatic happen that can't be easily concealed. For example, I'm sure they would have preferred to manage Margaret's alcoholism and toxic marriage with serial flagrant infidelity in a more discreet and proactive fashion if Margaret had been willing to do so.

Particularly knowing  that Princess Di attempted suicide multiple times. 

Piers Morgan bringing the wood in this op-ed. Great to read. Another thing that the UK has over the US - the press.

He and Meghan bang on endlessly about their compassion yet show the complete opposite to their own families.

If Charles or William wanted to leave, they could do exactly what Harry's done, and what Edward VIII did when he abdicated the throne.

Any royal can 'leave'.

But only Edward and Harry actually did it, both coincidentally after falling in love with American women.

The only difference is that Edward and Wallis Simpson never spoke badly in public about the Royal Family or trashed the Monarchy.

Within hours of the Oprah interview airing, the hashtag #AbolishTheMonarchy was trending on Twitter.

That's the effect that Meghan and Harry's accusations have had with their shockingly poisonous allegations.

Ms Markle won't care about the damage she's done to an institution she clearly reviles.

But Harry should.

The fact he's so willingly taken part in such a despicable public attack on the Royal Family – HIS family - and the Monarchy is utterly shameful.

And to have caused so much extra hurt to his 94-year-old grandmother the Queen at a time when her husband lies seriously ill in hospital, is just appalling.

When it comes to mental health and having a heart, it appears Meghan and Harry only care about themselves.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Damn Piers, tell us how you really feel.

That reminded me of the story I read that when she met PH she asked him what he did and claimed to not know him from Adam.  Uh huh.  Supposedly, someone else did that with other world famous people and it tends to work on them as they've had their asses kissed so much that this is actually a challenge (yoko ono maybe? I honestly forget).  

18 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

The fact he's so willingly taken part in such a despicable public attack on the Royal Family – HIS family - and the Monarchy is utterly shameful.

Eh. It’s not like he went to France, raised an army, and launched an attack to seize the crown

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

39 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Piers Morgan bringing the wood in this op-ed. Great to read. Another thing that the UK has over the US - the press.

And to have caused so much extra hurt to his 94-year-old grandmother the Queen at a time when her husband lies seriously ill in hospital, is just appalling.

No shit, just imagine how much more pain is going to be inflicted if the new daughter is......(checks surroundings and whispers) blackkkkkkkkkkkkkkk skin toned! The haaarrror!

Edited by crash_davis

6 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Having suicidal thoughts is horrible and no one should suffer it. If someone confides that in you and you respond some other way than “let me try to secure help for you,” you’re a truly shitty human.

But although suicidal people frame the issue as others “making/compelling” them to do it, that’s usually not what is happening. 

I didn’t watch, did Oprah follow up, even gently on this bombshell?  Did Markle tell Harry her thoughts and did he tell the courtier to toss off? Did she call any of the people she’s close to to let them know how helpless she felt? Did she get the treatment she needed eventually? 

Megan and Harry are adults with agency and resources far beyond most people’s wildest dreams. 

She sought help and they told her to get fucked, then Harry said, no really she needs help and we need to let her get help discretely and they said no fucking way can she go to a doctor that we don't know/pay she has to go to one of ours. Then wouldn't make theirs available. That is literally compelling someone to suicide if they are seeking help and they believe that rationally the only way to make the shitstorm around them stop (which is also caused by them) is to literally not be alive anymore. It's insane and I believe it happened because why the fuck would someone lie about something like that?

6 hours ago, Not a cat said:

I'm not a psychiatrist but I have had the not so pleasant experience of marrying into a whole family of cluster B personality disorders.

Here's the basic MO: 1) must be center of attention at all times, 2) always plays the victim, it's always someone picking on them, and 3) isolate your narcissistic supply (i.e. partner) from all prior support groups, family, friends and hobbies.

Call it jumping to conclusions all you want but every mannerism and action reminds me of my ex in-laws. Now mix that with a bunch of entitled in breds that have had their asses kissed their whole life and we get endless entertainment.

That's a lot of conclusions you drew from an interview that had nothing to do with any of that. 

5 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

her personal exploits as well as her personal correspondence with her former friends were leaked to the public giving a damning picture of her as a person. Had a court case about it I believe. 

Links? I haven't seen any of that, and the tabloids would have pretty much roasted her for this and they didn't. Why not?

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Piers Morgan is one of the biggest cunts in the history of the world.  The fact a poster here uses him to bolster their argument is pretty embarrassing for that person. Piers Morgan makes his living being a provocateur who goes after people. He might top the list of Britons who most need their ass kicked. And yeah, let's talk about the sanctity of the Crown when it protects a potential pedophile in its ranks. 

Amen.

Megan is uniting the former Colonies . . . 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

No shit, just imagine how much more pain is going to be inflicted if the new daughter is......(checks surroundings and whispers) blackkkkkkkkkkkkkkk skin toned! The haaarrror!

Well to tell the family secret her great grandfather IS Dutch

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, immamac said:

Links? I haven't seen any of that, and the tabloids would have pretty much roasted her for this and they didn't. Why not?

She just won a big privacy case against the Mail because they printed excerpts of a handwritten letter to her father that was not received well by the public among other shitty things. It was a pretty dramatic series of hearings where her friends testified incognito and a reporter she interviewed with passed along embarrassing notes Megan had set to her about how she wanted the story to play. She evidently was mistaken about what kind of writer she was speaking to. Shit like that. 

lots of the more salacious stories of her being a bitch to royal staff has been shelved because of the lawsuits. Whatever the truth about the specifics, one thing is certain: the staff did not like her, and she was not crazy about them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, immamac said:

That's a lot of conclusions you drew from an interview that had nothing to do with any of that. 

I haven't seen the interview nor do I plan to.  I'm basing it entirely on her actions I've seen so far- if you don't see her isolating him from his friends, family other support groups I don't know what else to tell you.  You could have gotten a good deal on the rare guns she forced him to sell when she had him give up hunting though.

We get it, you love you some MM.  I don't and see her as a highly manipulative person working her angles.  One of us is wrong and neither will be convinced otherwise.  I'll leave it at that.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

I haven't seen the interview nor do I plan to.  I'm basing it entirely on her actions I've seen so far- if you don't see her isolating him from his friends, family other support groups I don't know what else to tell you.  You could have gotten a good deal on the rare guns she forced him to sell when she had him give up hunting though.

I don’t know much of the specifics but if the above is true about isolating someone from their friends and family, then we’ve pretty much all seen a relationship like this at some point in our lives. It doesn’t end well typically. 

And if that last story about the guns/hunting is true then Lolol. She’s been grooming him for a while pretty aggressively. Seeing what she can get him to do. Lord. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Plot twist: Maybe it was Harry, himself who was worried about the color.

illuminati-symbols-Prince-Henry-Nazi-Swa

I just find the whole royal family thing fairy tale bullshit. And anyone born/married into that shit needs to STFU. You're in the club. No one gives a shit about your struggles. 

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I just find the whole royal family thing fairy tale bullshit. And anyone born/married into that shit needs to STFU. You're in the club. No one give a shit about your struggles. 

Goes from that to hanging with Oprah and Tyler Perry.  Jedi Fucking Master.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I don’t know much of the specifics but if the above is true about isolating someone from their friends and family, then we’ve pretty much all seen a relationship like this at some point in our lives. It doesn’t end well typically. 

And if that last story about the guns/hunting is true then Lolol. She’s been grooming him for a while pretty aggressively. Seeing what she can get him to do. Lord. 

"Its what your mum would want Harry..."

11 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I just find the whole royal family thing fairy tale bullshit. And anyone born/married into that shit needs to STFU. You're in the club. No one gives a shit about your struggles. 

God save the Queen
The fascist regime
They made you a moron
A potential H bomb

3 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

What probably happened:

How it is now:

Did someone tell him she'd make a good coordinator?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

She sought help and they told her to get fucked, then Harry said, no really she needs help and we need to let her get help discretely and they said no fucking way can she go to a doctor that we don't know/pay she has to go to one of ours. Then wouldn't make theirs available. That is literally compelling someone to suicide if they are seeking help and they believe that rationally the only way to make the shitstorm around them stop (which is also caused by them) is to literally not be alive anymore. It's insane and I believe it happened because why the fuck would someone lie about something like that?

Got no dog in this fight and sure it could have gone down that way but I most definitely believe someone would lie about that. All day any day. Lie about something that totally exonerates yourself and blames others 100%? Yup, easy lie for a lot of people focused on power or money. Or even regular folk. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Not a cat said:

We get it, you love you some MM.  I don't and see her as a highly manipulative person working her angles.  One of us is wrong and neither will be convinced otherwise.  I'll leave it at that.

silicon valley this guy fucks GIF by Team Coco

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

This all stems imo from Harry not being Charles’s son.

Also Piers Morgan is a piece of shit who is literally always on the opposite side of truth/accuracy. Fuck that asshole.

wait what?? this better be covered in season 5!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2