America First Caucus and Replacement Theory Crap

atomheartbevo

This is now starting to spill over into multiple threads.  MTG, Tucker, GQP, etc. and it would be kind of nice to keep track of those saying the quiet part out loud. We've got an entire group forming around it in Congress, we had Rep. Perry (Q PA) pushing it in a subcommittee hearing this week, and Tucker Carlson has been spewing it.

This shit is absolutely coordinated - it is not a coincidence that Carlson is pushing it hard on his program, Perry is pushing it in Congress, and MTG and Co. are creating a caucus around it..

As far as the America First Caucus, it's confirmed by MTG's office, although they are pissed that the flier for the group leaked.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/16/politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-america-first-caucus/index.html

Punchbowl News obtained a flier promoting the new caucus, which calls for a "common respect for uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions" and pushes a series of conspiracy theories about election integrity. The flier also outlined a nativist argument warning that "mass immigration" poses a threat to "the long-term existential future of America as a unique country with a unique culture and a unique identity."

A spokesperson for Greene, Nick Dyer, complained about the initial draft of the flier being leaked but confirmed to CNN in a statement that plans were in the works to form the group, which will be, "announced to the public very soon."

Republican Rep. Scott Perry of Pennsylvania evoked a similar argument during a subcommittee hearing earlier this week set to examine why those from Central American countries comprise a disproportionate number of migrants crossing the US-Mexico border.

"For many Americans, what seems to be happening or what they believe right now is happening is what appears to them is we're replacing national-born American — native-born Americans to permanently transform the political landscape of this very nation," Perry said.

Similar comments were also recently made by Fox News anchor Tucker Carlson, underscoring how certain Republican lawmakers and right-wing media personalities are echoing and thus potentially legitimizing arguments that have been made by White nationalists and nativists for years.

Flier:

https://punchbowl.news/wp-content/uploads/America-First-Caucus-Policy-Platform-FINAL-2.pdf

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

These people are insane and should be jettisoned from society.

Thankfully, they are joining a group that will make it easy to identify them.

Now it's just a matter of determining whether they are really fucking stupid and not reading the room, or they read the room and decided this was okay, or even wanted. I'm leaning towards the latter.

• Like 1

The Trump/Tucker crowd will not believe or listen to anyone that tells them American First is white supremacist... because 4 years of fake news!

Edited by B00M
Words are hard

41 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The flier also outlined a nativist argument warning that "mass immigration" poses a threat to "the long-term existential future of America as a unique country with a unique culture and a unique identity."

image.png.23f45f091f8377eb9a8749fcbb3a51c5.png

Those were just three, but it was quite disheartening to scroll through tweet after tweet most of who were from legitimate accounts, especially ones from people that will be running next year, quite obviously. They have money (the AFPI) is bankrolled by $20 million to start from some former Cabinet members of Trump, and they're obviously out there collecting more. Some of the incumbents are either going to get on board if they aren't already, retire, or look out because these folks are treating this like the Empire Strikes Back.

4 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

We are witnessing the birth of a new political party.

Kind of what it feels like, and the more one pokes around, the more it looks like it's extremely coordinated at all levels. This feels like some Steve Bannon/Roger Stone/Michael Flynn/Stephen Miller/etc. kind of shit.

You know, the kind of shit that they accuse George Soros of doing.

Makes me wonder what was said to Tucker to get him to stick his neck out there - maybe he was promised access to some politicians or something.

• Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

They have money (the AFPI) is bankrolled by $20 million to start from some former Cabinet members of Trump, and they're obviously out there collecting more. Some of the incumbents are either going to get on board if they aren't already, retire, or look out because these folks are treating this like the Empire Strikes Back.

All in dollars, or maybe some

640px-Banknote_5000_rubles_(1997)_front.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Kind of what it feels like, and the more one pokes around, the more it looks like it's extremely coordinated at all levels. This feels like some Steve Bannon/Roger Stone/Michael Flynn/Stephen Miller/etc. kind of shit.

Makes me wonder what was said to Tucker to get him to stick his neck out there - maybe he was promised access to some politicians or something.

yep and yep.  they need to be crushed.

Gohmert saying the quiet parts out loud.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-house-republican-effort-form-america-first-caucus-raises-hackles-over-race-2021-04-16/

Gohmert, a Trump ally, told reporters the caucus aims "to get our own country in order, so it's sustainable."

Gohmert denied the America First Caucus involves race.

"It's not returning to Anglo-Saxon tradition," the Texas Republican said. "It's not supposed to be about race at all. We're stronger, you know, diversified. But there's some things that helped make us strong."

You sure about that Louie?

common respect for uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions

And "to get our own country in order", wonder what that means, since Trump spent 4 years already making it great again.

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Good point.

Former Cabinet members formed the policy institute, Stephen Miller and  I think Jay Sekulow (sp) formed the legal group to challenge a whole bunch of stuff including defending ahem, police officers, and a whole group of them have been touring the country. Fuentes has been really really ramping up his rhetoric, they've got Andy Ngo pushing out videos faster than people can show how they've been cropped and edited. I could go on.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

He's going to be their nominee in 2024.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

it's been around for a loooooooooooooooooooong time,

AP_8904211490.jpg

Brought to you by Lee Atwater, former partner of Roger Stone and Paul Manafort, and Roger Ailes who helped Rupert Murdoch design and build Fox News. It’s been in the works for decades.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Maybe.  There are a lot of brakes in our system to the emergence of a third party.  Mostly, the cold hard math which says that the new third party and the party they emerge from will almost never control any branch of elected government.  Both parties have tended to have currents of reform course through them, leave a mark, and the gradually reabsorb as a new internal consensus emerges.

We could see the GOP wither and fade like the Whigs and be replaced by a nationalist party, or maybe see this group morph the existing GOP into an explicitly nationalist platform.  This wouldn’t be a good thing for anyone.  It’s also hard to see how a nationalist platform wins nationally.  They aren’t attaching any business friendly policies to their nativism and in fact are pushing them away actively. And the “ordinary blue collar Joe Six Pack” is more and more likely to be Jose Six Pack, who might be sympathetic to some reactionary conservatism and chauvinistic posturing—- but NOT if they insist on this new “Anglo-Saxon” bit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, ultimaton said:

He's going to be their nominee in 2024.

I heard this the other day and it’s a horrifying thought, but makes total sense when you look at what these people have become. Dems would come out in force against him, but I don’t know if anti-trump Rs would show up. Feels like they would just sit it out. 

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Gohmert saying the quiet parts out loud.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-house-republican-effort-form-america-first-caucus-raises-hackles-over-race-2021-04-16/

You sure about that Louie?

And "to get our own country in order", wonder what that means, since Trump spent 4 years already making it great again.

Forcing me to choose between a new taco truck, or more widespread Aggroid. Hmmm this is hard...

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I believe this is what is happening. 

My feeling, and it's just that based on anecdotal and other observations is along those lines as well. I can dismiss Nicholas Fuentes and his 'America First is Inevitable' word salad he tosses out--I forced myself to sit through one of his videos last night on Gab just to hear what he's preaching. They, whomever 'they' is, have either intentionally or haphazardly stumbled across a potential means to do what the former pres did by an attempt to both pull together haphazard groups of people and have a modicum of plausible deniability. It worked for Trump, it very well may work for them. Corporate America is not playing along on the surface, but unless corporate America puts its  money where its mouth is, they have a large chance of success.

You and other educated or informed thinkers may sit back and see the buzzwords, the other tropes and think, "well that America First Anglo Saxon thing is out in the open now isn't it, and it isn't a bit inclusive," but they've got the package wrapped up in such a way that the big box only has a few nuggets inside and they aren't for everybody and will put the onus on the Democratic party or other critics with their plausible denial of 'don't you want America to be successful? Are you not a patriot?'

America First means jobs for Americans, America First means our tax dollars stay home and in our pockets, America First means infrastructure and education reflect our Anglo Saxon origins. Wait, what? I mean, when you think about it, this worked out quite well for the landed people in the early days of the founding. The Native Americans and the English American simultaneously forged alliances and also fought each other. But soon, whether through disease or battle or policy the Native Americans were shipped off or their children placed in schools far away from home, or starved until they were of little consequence in the running of the country. I'm not going to touch on the local southwestern native vs. settler relationships since that is a touchy subject, but our history is much more complex and nuanced and you all know that and, I suspect, some of these folks know it as well, but that is irrelevant. Quite a few Americans don't give a rat's ass about what the founders wanted or didn't want, they just want their money, their guns, lots of fun and sports, and whether or not The Bachelor is going to pick the blonde or the brunette. I mean, who wouldn't want America First? Are you some kind of commie?

The platform at least as far as the policies that I could locate on the 'net, is an extension of what Trump had on the gov website: vague in some areas and explicit in others of pseudo patriotic appeal that conveniently ignores certain realities and plausibly denies the truth of what I expect they hope to accomplish: a white Christian ruled nation, where minorities are expected to know their place in the hierarchy.

It's damn depressing given that some slow progress over the last seventy years has been made. But these under-endowed males with their dreams of an Aryan nation are poor students of history because history encompasses a lot more time than they are considering and their efforts only hasten the demise of our species, regardless of race, religion, status, or gender.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The flier also outlined a nativist argument warning that "mass immigration" poses a threat to "the long-term existential future of America as a unique country with a unique culture and a unique identity."

This pisses me off so much.  How the hell do they think America developed its unique culture and identity?

• Hook 'Em 4

There are a lot of brakes in our system to the emergence of a third party.  Mostly, the cold hard math which says that the new third party and the party they emerge from will almost never control any branch of elected government.  

The GOP would happily caucus with the new Nazi Party if it gave them an extra ounce of power.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Adam Kinzinger,  Kevin McCarthy etc... are slamming this group of racist facists.  

And as much money as they might have, Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos have much, much more.

Are they now? Got any links? Kinzinger sure but McCarthy would surprise me...

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

This pisses me off so much.  How the hell do they think America developed its unique culture and identity?

Agree, but I realized that when they want to go back in time it isn't to the 1950s as much as the 1780s and then it started to make sense. Overthrow the monarchy and set up a gentry/oligarchy and everyone else is either indentured (modern is via healthcare) or fighting over crumbs. Shop at the company store and everything else is sent back to them through sweet govt contracts to their companies, the military/leo are enforcers and toss a little bread and circuses in front of the indoctrinated and call it a day. Then head to Cabo.

It's oversimplified sure, but I'm being a little 'ledgey' today.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

This leak was intentional, fairly sure of that because that makes it certain to be tabloidy and picked up across media, but is anyone else getting a sense of the overall sentiment nationwide? The organizers want to normalize this and are going coast to coast with it--I had posted just a handful of the various meetings I saw on social media, but will they be able to coalesce around this idea in a populist fashion? That seems to be what they are attempting. Pompeo has a PAC, and he's been promoting the AF platform, but he's not the only one so they've got several contenders (I'm not even getting into Tucker, but I'm imagining him when he's meeting with world leaders and doing that stupid quizzical mouth open look.)

Hawley hasn't put anything out that I could see regarding AF, but Eric Greitens of Missouri is a big supporter. He's running for Senate to fill Roy Blunt's seat (retiring). He's ahead by a lot with respect to his primary opponent. I guess his stepping down from the governorship after facing charges of impeachment is one of those political witch hunts just like Trump even though it was his own Assembly that considered it due to him blackmailing a former lover with...ahem...salacious nude photos and campaign finance violations.  

The Senate must stand or it's going to get bad.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Are they now? Got any links? Kinzinger sure but McCarthy would surprise me...

McCarthy wants the gavel in 2022 and this caucus splintering into a third party headache for the GOP would threaten that ambition. That’s all it is. He has to keep everyone in line to get what he wants. 

A Nancy Pelosi he is not. You can’t stop the monster you created. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

McCarthy wants the gavel in 2022 and this caucus splintering into a third party headache for the GOP would threaten that ambition. That’s all it is. He has to keep everyone in line to get what he wants. 

A Nancy Pelosi he is not. You can’t stop the monster you created. 

I think he's outnumbered at this point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I think he's outnumbered at this point.

Likely. Again, you can’t stand in the back of the room, riling up the the shit flinging conspiracy theorists and traitors and then try to stand in front of the mob and stop them once they threaten you getting the gavel. 

He’s not a smart politician.  He’ll learn when/if the GOP wins the House and he loses the speakership to someone else. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1