Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Mike at Night: Decommitments and the picture at running back

Mike Roach

Spoiler

Mike Roach

— The news of the day surrounds the decommitment of Garland four-star wide receiver Jordan Hudson. This is a decommitment that has been in the works for quite a while. In fact, Hudson told me early in the spring that he would not end up signing with the Sooners. At one time, Texas looked like the best bet for him, but I no longer believe that they would be the runaway favorite. SMU has been putting in a ton of work, and Ra'Shaad Samples has a lot of connections to Hudson.  Texas still has a few other options, but it sounds like Texas will make contact with him soon regarding a possible visit.  I did talk to Hudson who said he's remained in contact with the Longhorns, so we will see if a visit materializes.  I know Texas does value his talent and will exhaust all avenues looking for playmakers.

— I put in a new 247Sports Crystal Ball pick for Austin Regents kicker Will Stone.  The Longhorns offered today, and I think things could move quickly here.  Stone grew up a Texas fan and now has the opportunity to stay home and kick for the Longhorns, and I believe he will likely take it.  That will close the door on special teams recruiting as Stone would join Lance St. Louis who committed last week.

— Texas commit Jaylon Guilbeau took an official visit to TCU last weekend. It sounds like the trip went very well for the Horned Frogs, but in talking with Guilbeau today, any discussion of a decommitment seems pre-mature. Guilbeau told me that the trip was great but he's still committed to Texas and looking forward to his official trip to Austin in two weeks. As for now, I think everything is good there.

— The picture at running back is a bit unclear at the moment. The Longhorns already hold a commitment from Jaydon Blue, but it's the second back that's causing some questions. We had heard very strong feedback from the visit of De'Anthony Gatson. Though I wasn't sure if Texas would ultimately push for his commitment, I received some indications yesterday that they could depending on how things shake out.  The Longhorns will host Tavorus Jones this weekend and Kaytron Allen the next. There is also a chance Jamarion Miller could make a trip to Austin. It's starting to look like a three-back class isn't out of the picture, but we are continuing to dig when it comes to how this will shake out as Gatson has a commitment date set for June 22, and the Longhorns could make a push if they don't get a sense of where they stand with Jones this weekend.

8 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Mike Roach

Hide contents

Mike Roach

— The news of the day surrounds the decommitment of Garland four-star wide receiver Jordan Hudson. This is a decommitment that has been in the works for quite a while. In fact, Hudson told me early in the spring that he would not end up signing with the Sooners. At one time, Texas looked like the best bet for him, but I no longer believe that they would be the runaway favorite. SMU has been putting in a ton of work, and Ra'Shaad Samples has a lot of connections to Hudson.  Texas still has a few other options, but it sounds like Texas will make contact with him soon regarding a possible visit.  I did talk to Hudson who said he's remained in contact with the Longhorns, so we will see if a visit materializes.  I know Texas does value his talent and will exhaust all avenues looking for playmakers.

— I put in a new 247Sports Crystal Ball pick for Austin Regents kicker Will Stone.  The Longhorns offered today, and I think things could move quickly here.  Stone grew up a Texas fan and now has the opportunity to stay home and kick for the Longhorns, and I believe he will likely take it.  That will close the door on special teams recruiting as Stone would join Lance St. Louis who committed last week.

— Texas commit Jaylon Guilbeau took an official visit to TCU last weekend. It sounds like the trip went very well for the Horned Frogs, but in talking with Guilbeau today, any discussion of a decommitment seems pre-mature. Guilbeau told me that the trip was great but he's still committed to Texas and looking forward to his official trip to Austin in two weeks. As for now, I think everything is good there.

— The picture at running back is a bit unclear at the moment. The Longhorns already hold a commitment from Jaydon Blue, but it's the second back that's causing some questions. We had heard very strong feedback from the visit of De'Anthony Gatson. Though I wasn't sure if Texas would ultimately push for his commitment, I received some indications yesterday that they could depending on how things shake out.  The Longhorns will host Tavorus Jones this weekend and Kaytron Allen the next. There is also a chance Jamarion Miller could make a trip to Austin. It's starting to look like a three-back class isn't out of the picture, but we are continuing to dig when it comes to how this will shake out as Gatson has a commitment date set for June 22, and the Longhorns could make a push if they don't get a sense of where they stand with Jones this weekend.

Hahahahaha. This idiot thinks Texas will sign a 3 back class? Holy shit. I am going to bet that this dumbfuck never fully grasps, like ever, that Texas eventually trap-doored Blue when it all is said and done. He'll forever be thinking that Blue dumped out on Texas for the greener grass of Arizona or some shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

Kelvin Banks
Connor Robertson
Devon Campbell
Jacob Sexton
Cole Hutson.

is that best case scenario? arent numbers tight here? is it a first come first served, or would we leave the door open for Neto and Dewberry?

You make the numbers work for a OL group of that caliber

More Roach

Roach

I had originally written something in here and then I took it out. I don't think it's a major deal breaker or anything but constantly doing the horns down reflects poorly sometimes with the staff. I thought that was something that could come into play here, but I don't think it means anything for what Hudson thinks about Texas. For instance, earlier in the spring he took a picture with the horns down saying he was firm on one side of the field and then walked over to me and told me he wasn't signing with Oklahoma and he really wanted to see Texas within a 5 minute span

• Haha 2

Perroni put in a CB for the kicker Will Stone to Texas for good measure.

Is this the first scholarship out of high school for Regents? Hine walked on. I’ve only seen them when they were 6-man and coached by Brydon. They were fun then, surprised they were able to make the competitive jump so quickly.

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Is this the first scholarship out of high school for Regents? Hine walked on. I’ve only seen them when they were 6-man and coached by Brydon. They were fun then, surprised they were able to make the competitive jump so quickly.

Somehow not even the first in 2022 - https://247sports.com/college/vanderbilt/Article/Vanderbilt-football-recruiting-lands-commitment-from-Texas-QB-Drew-Dickey-163717589/

1 hour ago, Burntcowboy said:

I had someone tell me that UT bought meals for Beat and a few other recruits that were not on official visits. Any truth to this and does it really matter 

If this is true, and God I hope it's not, I'm going to have trouble rooting for the Horns this season.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

More Roach

Roach

I had originally written something in here and then I took it out. I don't think it's a major deal breaker or anything but constantly doing the horns down reflects poorly sometimes with the staff. I thought that was something that could come into play here, but I don't think it means anything for what Hudson thinks about Texas. For instance, earlier in the spring he took a picture with the horns down saying he was firm on one side of the field and then walked over to me and told me he wasn't signing with Oklahoma and he really wanted to see Texas within a 5 minute span

lmaoo he made that up. Steve Sarkisisan himself liked the Jordan Hudson de-commitment tweet. 

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Those don't have to be related depending on their numbers.

Was in coaches office today and one of our coaches called usc RB coach jenks and he didn’t have a feel for if gatson was picking them 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Golfclap would approve of circa-2001 437 pound Geoff Ketchum replacing Stan Drayton. Hed rehire Charlie Strong as HC if it meant dumping Stan Drayton. 

This might be the meanest thing ever said on this board. I’m not complaining though; just giving credit where credit is due.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Now Mike Jinks is a coach I would love to have at Texas. @golfclap would approve of Jinks replacing Stan Drayton, lol.

Evans threatened to transfer this spring and said that he wouldn’t be taking any 2nd team reps. That’s why Barlow transferred. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

Evans threatened to transfer this spring and said that he wouldn’t be taking any 2nd team reps. That’s why Barlow transferred. 

Don’t tell this to the dumb fuck on the Tell Me About Texas A&M thread who doesn’t understand the basic concepts of football like a player has to be on a roster to contribute. 

Gerry on Denver Harris

Spoiler

Inside Texas has learned that North Shore five-star cornerback Denver Harris has scheduled an official visit to Georgia June 21-23.

The official visit to see the Bulldogs will come on the heels of an official visit to Texas June 18-20.

Harris will then follow up with an official visit to Alabama June 25-27.

The 6-foot-0, 180-pounder cover corner with 4.4 wheels made an official visit to LSU last weekend.

• Rage+1 1

Their reasoning:

Spoiler

Jacob Sexton | 4-star | OT | Edmond (Okla.) Deer Creek

Sexton seemed like a lock for the Sooners for a long time, but his recruitment appears to be more of an open race than expected. The four-star tackle is ready for his official visit to Oklahoma State after previous trips to Alabama and Texas this month. Sexton has yet to schedule an official visit with Oklahoma, but is expected to do so at some point. 

Sexton included the Cowboys in his top five back in February alongside Alabama, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas and Texas A&M. 

Oklahoma State has another very important round of official visits this week with several top offensive line targets set to be in Stillwater, including five-star tackle Kelvin Banks. It doesn't get any bigger than this for offensive line coach Charlie Dickey.

For now, GoPokes247 is submitting a low-confidence Crystal Ball Prediction for Sexton to Oklahoma State. That pick could change to a different school in the future as Sexton continues his tour of visits.

Sexton is rated as a four-star prospect by the industry-generated 247Sports Composite and is ranks as the No. 238 overall recruit nationally in the 2022 class. The Composite also ranks Sexton as the No. 23 offensive tackle in the country and No. 5 overall recruit regardless of position in Oklahoma.

Updated GoPokes247 Prediction: Oklahoma State - Low (3)

Previous GoPokes247 Prediction: Oklahoma - Medium (6)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Their reasoning:

Hide contents

Sexton seemed like a lock for the Sooners for a long time, but his recruitment appears to be more of an open race than expected. The four-star tackle is ready for his official visit to Oklahoma State after previous trips to Alabama and Texas this month. Sexton has yet to schedule an official visit with Oklahoma, but is expected to do so at some point. 

Sexton included the Cowboys in his top five back in February alongside Alabama, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas and Texas A&M. 

Oklahoma State has another very important round of official visits this week with several top offensive line targets set to be in Stillwater, including five-star tackle Kelvin Banks. It doesn't get any bigger than this for offensive line coach Charlie Dickey.

For now, GoPokes247 is submitting a low-confidence Crystal Ball Prediction for Sexton to Oklahoma State. That pick could change to a different school in the future as Sexton continues his tour of visits.

Sexton is rated as a four-star prospect by the industry-generated 247Sports Composite and is ranks as the No. 238 overall recruit nationally in the 2022 class. The Composite also ranks Sexton as the No. 23 offensive tackle in the country and No. 5 overall recruit regardless of position in Oklahoma.

Ok, I'm sold.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Their reasoning:

Hide contents

Where do I send my 9.95 worth of pitchforks?

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Their reasoning:

Hide contents

Lol no reason at all except that it’s an open race so he’s picking osu. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting