Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 hours ago, Octavian said:

Lol if you believe pessimism on the football forum, we’re actually playing for his recruitment when we play them.

Saying there’s a 90% chance we get Devon Campbell doesn’t seem pessimistic to me. 

Edited by Irieguy

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

TJ Dudley and Justice Finkley seem like winnable recruitments based on who else they are taking OV's to as of now.

I will shit a golden brick and set Octavian's room temperature IQ vessel of a body on fire if either of these guys come to UT. The minute one of them commits here, Alabama will immediately show interest and fuck the entire thing up on general principle. It's fruitless and stupid that Texas is even wasting texts or calls on them, much less visits. 

Every staff comes in and does the same stupid shit with players from the southeast. It's asinine. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I, for one, am excited about Carrington going to the NFL. For the sole reason being it gives you recruiting board mains one less thing to bleed from your weak and timid vaginas.

Dude, my vagina has been grinding sand into glass ingots for years. Miss me with thay weak vagina shit

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I will shit a golden brick and set Octavian's room temperature IQ vessel of a body on fire if either of these guys come to UT. The minute one of them commits here, Alabama will immediately show interest and fuck the entire thing up on general principle. It's fruitless and stupid that Texas is even wasting texts or calls on them, much less visits. 

Every staff comes in and does the same stupid shit with players from the southeast. It's asinine. 

I don't know - Maybe if we fuck with them in Alabama, they'll have less time to fuck with us in Texas. I'd give those guys what they want just because they throw cash in Texas and I want payback. Even a stalemate would be a win for us.

• Hook 'Em 1

IT

Spoiler

OL Neto Umeozulu, Allen (2022):

One of the top offensive linemen in the state would like to have a decision before his senior season.

The 6-foot-4, 290-pounder with long arms, big hands, and the ability to be a devastating run-blocker is not a prospect that conducts many interviews, so his schedule and timeline has been a bit of a mystery at times. Now knowing the desired timeline, that means the month of June will be huge for the programs in contention. Those programs include Alabama, USC, Ohio State, Texas A&M, Texas, Florida State, Miami, Oklahoma and Baylor.

Umeozulu has made student visits to Texas and Baylor since the beginning of March, and is now planning official visits. Thus far, Alabama has June 25-27 locked up and USC is possible for June 18-20.

Texas is one of many working for an official visit, and the work of Kyle Flood is key here as Umeozulu relayed to IT Monday that the position coach relationship is most important to him.

Key in the decision making circle for Umeozulu will be mom and dad, and two instructors he trains with.

Something that won’t be as important is his future position. Most schools are recruiting him at tackle, but some have talked about guard. Bottom line, Umeozulu will play wherever the university he decides on believes he will be best. The ultimate goal is to play in the NFL, and that means getting there with an open mind as to what position will be most likely to get him there.

On 5/17/2021 at 3:13 PM, Machinator said:

Ears to the Streets did a recruiting chat today.

Hide contents

Q: Do you expect Gatson to commit before June 18 to lock in his spot for Jones visits?? Who would you take of the two?

A: I don't think Texas will make a move there before finding out where things stand with Jones and Tre'Vonte Citizen.

Q: Do you think Texas can swoop in and get Cam Williams?

A: if they push I think they can make a big run. Visits will make the biggest difference but yeah i do think it's a winnable recruitment.

Q: Who are some of your favorite under the radar kids who either have Texas offers or are being evaluated closely by Texas? Who do you think is the most underrated kid in the state is?

A: One guy I really love is Mt. Pleasant WR/TE Miller McCrumby. I think he's the perfect type of project tight end to grow into a future star. One guy I really like who is completely off the radar is McKinney Boyd LB Ethan Wesloski.

Q: In a perfect world, who all would Texas sign at WR in '22? In a realistic world, who all will Texas sign at WR in '22?

A: Perfect world: Evan Stewart, Brenen Thompson, Armani Winfield, Kevin Coleman/CJ Williams. I think Stewart and Thompson are realistic with Coleman and Williams being more of the unknown factors.

Q: 1. Who are your next 5 to commit? 2. How far away are we from another commitment?

A: I won't say next five but I like where Texas stands with Tavorus Jones, Brenen Thompson, Connor Robertson, Sebastian Cheeks and Bryce Anderson. I think I'd look for late June after visits before decision start being made.

Q: Any positive momentum towards Texas for some prospects thought to be going elsewhere?

A: I think things have shaped up well with Terrance Brooks and I'm buying into where things are going with Sebastian Cheeks. I really like what I'm hearing about 2023 five-star Anthony Hill. The Longhrons have quietly done a great job turning that race around.

Q: Are we looking at any transfer WRs?

A: Not to my knowledge

Q: First offensive lineman commit?

A: I'd lean Robertson or maybe Kelvin Banks.

Q: Do you think we get a commitment on the big visit weekend

A: It may not get announced that weekend but I think it's likely a silent or two would be given and announced later.

Q: Do we get another commitment before June?

A: I think guys are going to wait to take visits.

Q: O/U 14.5 commits by the end of July?

A: 14 probably feels like the right number so i'll say just under.

Q: Latest on the USC LB?

A: Not a lot new. Confidence is waning in Austin.

Q: Thoughts on Boardingham as a prospect?

A: I really like the athletic profile. He looks good on film but I haven't seen him live.

Q: Mike who do you believe has been the best recruiter so far under Sark? How does Sark recruit differently than Herman? Thank you!

A: I like what Bo Davis has done so far. I like what Kyle Flood, Jeff Choate and Blake Gideon are doing when it comes to the guys they are working on. Overall, this staff recruits as a team much better. Herman's staff did this in the first two years but for some reason just stopped doing it. I haven't heard much of the complaints of inconsistent contact and each recruit i talk to seems to be hearing from 3-4 members of the staff.

Follow up Q: What about Jeff Banks in recruiting?

A: He's been involved in just about everything. So far he's been worth the reputation he came with.

Q: How do you feel about the Secondary options In State compared to Out of State for Class of 23?

A: It depends on the position. There are always years where some positions are stronger and deeper than others.

Q: Mike When will Texas get its first offensive lineman commitment?

A: I'd guess this summer.

Q: Who are the two recruits that Texas is not pushing for at the moment that you think they should be prioritizing?

A: I would have liked to see them push for Jarred Kerr who I really like. Julian Humphrey is a guy I'd like to see offered at corner who can play anywhere in the secondary.

Q: Mike, I get the sense that this summer is gonna be one like we've never seen before. Do you get that feeling when being around the kids? And do you think the staff is equipped to deal with the new landscape of the recruiting world, with the new transfer rules, Image and likeness, and just the overall change in the mindset of alot of kids?

A: I think some of these kids are like a dog chasing a car. They have an idea of things but I don't think even they know what it's going to be like. When they catch the car they wont' know what to do with it. While I anticipate a crazy summer, the one thing I've learned is recruiting doesn't always happen like you expect.

Q: What is the most important trait/skill set you look for when evaluating Defensive lineman?

A: Flexibility and lateral movement. I love versatility too. If a guy can line up in several different fronts and alignments the better.

Q: IT has stated that it likes our chances with Quinn and that they feel confident in eventually landing him. What are your current thoughts? Do we still have a chance? Trust your opinion more.

A: I think there are still open lines of communication on both sides and something could happen depending on how the fall goes. I wouldn't say I love the chances of it happening because getting a second decommitment is always tough and I expect Ohio State to have a strong year. Do I think it could happen? yes. If you had me put odds on it I don't think I'd say it's better than a 50% chance right now. If something were to happen it would be a long way off. As I said when I went out there, there's nothing to see right now but it's a situation we will continue to monitor.

Q: Who is the better guard prospect between Kam dewberry and Tyler Johnson?

A: I'd say Dewberry.

Q: Is our chances of getting palaie gaoteote close to zero now?

A: I wouldn't say zero but they've gone from favorite to underdog.

Q: O/U 2.5 of the following end up at TX? Denver Harris, Evan Stewart, Kelvin Banks, Kam Dewberry, B. Anderson

A: over.

Q: How many takes for the offensive and defensive line for 2022?

A: I think 10-12 combined.

Q: When do you see NIL starting to make big impacts on recruiting?

A: Those bills are still being passed in states but it's already a big recruiting pitch. It's starting to matter now.

Q: When will Texas just dedicate a class to finding as many OL as possible to fix the systemic issue of finding the right guys?

A: Do you mean by dedicate a class that they should take 25 offensive linemen? I think they set out year after year to fix that program but the evaluation, recruiting and development hasnt been there. You hope Kyle Flood changes that.

Follow up Q: Man, not 25 obviously. But how about a class where instead of taking a bunch of TES and WRs we find two extra large him beings that are under the radar? I think a class of 7 OL would be great. I wouldn't be opposed to a smaller one if they reeled in two transfers, one that could start at guard this year. I'm still hesitant to say we are set with the SE two guys that have been exposed in pass pro alot.

A: I could see 6 if they find the right ones but you have to continue to fill your other positions.

Q: I know people don't want to hear Quinn's name anymore but his name keeps coming up over on IT. I trust you the most when it comes to recruiting so are those guys over there chasing a ghost or is there really a chance he flips? Thanks Mike.

A: Addressed this in another post. My initial instinct was to not put you guys through this rollercoaster until it mattered but it just won't seem to go away.

Q: Which position group are you most concerned about and which position group do you feel the best about as of today?

A: Corner seems like an unknown to me. Texas is in a good spot with their targets but not the runaway leader. it's going to be a tightrope if they miss on those guys. I still like where things stand at safety.

Q: Where do we stand with Harold Perkins?

A: It's hard to say anymore. We seem to get a different message every time we ask about him. This recruitment still has a long way to go.

Q: You don’t want to take us through the rollercoaster of Quinn Ewers, but it’s a huge deal for Sark and his California ties if he accepts a Quinn Ewers commitment while also having another elite prospect committed in Malik Murphy. How would that effect recruiting California for this year and beyond if that were to happen?

A: I'm not sure it would have a major effect. California doesn't seem to have the same type of attitude about things like that as Texas.

Q: Most Underrated player from 2023 in the State?!

A: A guy I'm really growing to like is 2023 Denton Guyer QB Jackson Arnold.

Q: Whose the better tackle prospect between Tyler Johnson and Kelvin Banks?

A: I liked Johnson more at the time but he hasn't panned out yet so it's hard to answer that question with hindsight.

Q: Ceiling and floor for 22' class ranking at the end?

A: Ceiling is Top 5. I think the floor is probably 15-18

Q: As far as both Cornerback and safety... Does it seem to be better players in state or out state for 23 cycle ?

A: As of now it seems like a bit more of a down year but plenty of guys will emerge this fall.

Q: Mike, if you had to predict right now does Texas get Denver Harris

A: I mean i still have a Crystal Ball in for him. I don't know if I could make a prediction on where he goes now but I haven't heard anything compelling enough to change it yet.

Q: Scale of 0-10, how dependent is our 2022 class on the results of this year’s team?

A: 6 or 7

Q: Where does Texas stand with Jaden Greathouse

A: i don't get the feeling they are pushing that hard at the moment.

Q: So visits will be huge and we'll get some commits out of them for sure, but I've got to imagine there are an equal amount of kids who aren't buying into the hype yet (rightfully so) until they see the product on the field. Who are some of the top Texas kids we're pursuing that are being more cautious with the hype, but where wins/losses will be a major and main factor if that makes any sense

A: I think guys want to see signs of growth. Kam Dewberry, Omari Abor, Harold Perkins fall into that group.

A floor of 15/18 would be a failure I would think. I know this is a new staff, but I would still expect better. 

14 hours ago, Machinator said:

IT

Reveal hidden contents

OL Neto Umeozulu, Allen (2022):

One of the top offensive linemen in the state would like to have a decision before his senior season.

The 6-foot-4, 290-pounder with long arms, big hands, and the ability to be a devastating run-blocker is not a prospect that conducts many interviews, so his schedule and timeline has been a bit of a mystery at times. Now knowing the desired timeline, that means the month of June will be huge for the programs in contention. Those programs include Alabama, USC, Ohio State, Texas A&M, Texas, Florida State, Miami, Oklahoma and Baylor.

Umeozulu has made student visits to Texas and Baylor since the beginning of March, and is now planning official visits. Thus far, Alabama has June 25-27 locked up and USC is possible for June 18-20.

Texas is one of many working for an official visit, and the work of Kyle Flood is key here as Umeozulu relayed to IT Monday that the position coach relationship is most important to him.

Key in the decision making circle for Umeozulu will be mom and dad, and two instructors he trains with.

Something that won’t be as important is his future position. Most schools are recruiting him at tackle, but some have talked about guard. Bottom line, Umeozulu will play wherever the university he decides on believes he will be best. The ultimate goal is to play in the NFL, and that means getting there with an open mind as to what position will be most likely to get him there.

A tough to pull off but plausible OL finish I’d love would be Banks-Campbell-Hutson-Neto-Williams

10 minutes ago, Fud said:

A tough to pull off but plausible OL finish I’d love would be Banks-Campbell-Hutson-Neto-Williams

I keep hearing that Hutson is a JAG. In shocking news, I am not a film junkie so I haven't checked the dude out yet. What is your take on him? Anyone else with a clue feel free to chime in also.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I keep hearing that Hutson is a JAG. In shocking news, I am not a film junkie so I haven't checked the dude out yet. What is your take on him? Anyone else with a clue feel free to chime in also.

I don't have strong opinions for this class based on my own hudl watching, but he seems like a solid swing guy who you cross train at center. Potentially being able to play tackle in a pinch has him over Robertson for me. OU really wants him, but they aren't immune from bad OL evals. Maybe Texas and OU are attempting to slow-play him, idk

Just now, texifornia said:

Getting a flood of Rutgers picks. Would be a huge pickup for Schiano, especially outside of his usual Catholic school circuit.

His parents really want him to stay close to home and he likes Rutgers and Aurich (OL coach). I think Schiano will get 8-9 four stars this class, mostly thanks to Fran Brown

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

you think Hutson is more likely than Robertson?

Seems like they like Hutson more, but it seems like one or the other 

Hutson seems to have more upside as a swing guy since he has more length; Sark/Flood seem to want max length+power across the line 

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

I don't have strong opinions for this class based on my own hudl watching, but he seems like a solid swing guy who you cross train at center. Potentially being able to play tackle in a pinch has him over Robertson for me. OU really wants him, but they aren't immune from bad OL evals. Maybe Texas and OU are attempting to slow-play him, idk

Only through the June visits for Texas, last I heard. They could have pushed for a commitment already and didn't. M & D allegedly really want him at Texas for multiple reasons including school. My statement that he's a JAG is probably not the right way to frame it. More of what I've heard is that "he's fine in a big OL class" versus some dude that is better served at Tech or SHSU or something.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Fud said:

Seems like they like Hutson more, but it seems like one or the other 

Hutson seems to have more upside as a swing guy since he has more length; Sark/Flood seem to want max length+power across the line 

doesn’t Hutson have a cherubic appearance akin to Chris Hall? also I thought Robertson was a bully on the field; can’t have enough mean assholes on the interior OL. at the expense of length if he has significant upside as a guard or center I’d prefer that over the possibility of some positional flexibility from a real sweet kid. 

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

doesn’t Hutson have a cherubic appearance akin to Chris Hall? also I thought Robertson was a bully on the field; can’t have enough mean assholes on the interior OL. at the expense of length if he has significant upside as a guard or center I’d prefer that over the possibility of some positional flexibility from a real sweet kid. 

Sure, and sure. It's not something I have a strong opinion about, but they seem to be recruiting Hutson a little harder 

Gerry

Spoiler

The Texas football staff knows exactly what the program needs on the offensive side of the ball. It’s size on the offensive line, and legit speed at receiver. The absolutely loaded in state class of 2022 provides opportunity for Sarkisian and staff to more than fill the needs in the program, with nearly every top target set to visit in June.

Jordan Hudson
The Garland High WR continues to be heavily recruited by Jeff Banks. With that said, Oklahoma has done a very good job of keeping Hudson on the commitment list after an initial surge by Texas. IT believes Hudson will make OV’s other than the Sooners, but nothing is officially locked in. He will be on campus at TCU during Chace Biddle’s OV June 4-6. One person very close to Hudson doesn’t believe he will ultimately flip to Texas. Another person close believes there remains the possibility of a flip in time.

Need for speed
While Jordan Hudson is a WR that Texas would gladly accept a commitment from, there continues to be a common thought inside the building at Texas that the program needs multiple receivers in the 2022 class with elite speed. That has made Evan Stewart and Brenen Thompson top priorities in an absolutely loaded in-state receiver class. While IT has talked about this at length, it was reiterated again yesterday that the two elite speed playmakers are coveted, and there is a universal focus from the offensive staff that Texas has to walk away with one, but has sights set on winning out with both. There is a feeling that Worthy, Stewart and Thompson would provide the speed and playmaking the program greatly needs.

Texas has to win in OL recruiting in 2022
The Texas staff knows they need bigger bodies in the program. And they know that the class of 2022 inside the state lines has that capability. After elite OG Devon Campbell and OT Kelvin Banks, who are “must get” prospects for Texas in this cycle, it’s a numbers game. The staff has more shots on goal now with the offer and OV set up with Cameron Williams of Duncanville. Texas has had Neto Umeozulu on campus for a student visit this spring. The same can be said for Campbell, Cole Hutson and Connor Robertson. Throw in Texas continued pursuit of Kam Dewberry and that is the seven shots on goal Texas currently has on the OL in 2022 in-state. Simply put, the Longhorns must sign four of the seven, and ideally wants to ink five from the group barring the unforeseen win from out of state. After doing more homework, don’t underestimate how much the staff likes Cam Williams. This just wasn’t an offer made to a “back up” prospect, or to apply pressure to others already with offers.

26 minutes ago, futureman said:

As a follow up, I remember hearing that while the staff really liked Majors when they started working with him, they might not have even taken him had they been here since they prefer more size

Update on analysts/GAs on the website

Name/Title Focus Exp.
Jeff Crosby, Senior Football Analyst Special teams Analyst at Southern Miss. and Washington. Cal Lutheran alum
Henry Fernandez, Senior Football Analyst     Defense Analyst at Sac. St. (alum) and Washington
Michael Bimonte, Football Analyst     Offense QB at Rutgers, Delaware analyst
Jajuan Dulaney, Football Analyst     Offense GA under Kingsbury at Tech, then Houston
Cordae Hankton, Football Analyst Defense GA for Tucker at Colorado and MSU. Was previously at Archbishop Rummel and John Ehret in LA
John Dozier Dean, Assistant Football Analyst     QB Former QB, analyst at Alabama
Jake Kostner, Graduate Assistant Football Coach  QB Mich alum, GA at CMU
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Fud said:

If we get Banks, Campbell, and Neto, we could take the winner of the Surly Olympics and Ian Boyd’s favorite 250-lb, doughy white kid who’s a perfect scheme fit (as long as I don’t have to read his article about it) with our last two spots and I’d still be thrilled with the class. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

If we get Banks, Campbell, and Neto, we could take the winner of the Surly Olympics and Ian Boyd’s favorite 250-lb, doughy white kid who’s a perfect scheme fit (as long as I don’t have to read his article about it) with our last two spots and I’d still be thrilled with the class

Nahlin 

loop GIF

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Update on analysts/GAs on the website

Name/Title Focus Exp.
Jeff Crosby, Senior Football Analyst Special teams Analyst at Southern Miss. and Washington. Cal Lutheran alum
Henry Fernandez, Senior Football Analyst     Defense Analyst at Sac. St. (alum) and Washington
Michael Bimonte, Football Analyst     Offense QB at Rutgers, Delaware analyst
Jajuan Dulaney, Football Analyst     Offense GA under Kingsbury at Tech, then Houston
Cordae Hankton, Football Analyst Defense GA for Tucker at Colorado and MSU. Was previously at Archbishop Rummel and John Ehret in LA
John Dozier Dean, Assistant Football Analyst     QB Former QB, analyst at Alabama
Jake Kostner, Graduate Assistant Football Coach  QB Mich alum, GA at CMU

Found more recruiting interns/assistants while looking through twitter profiles.

https://twitter.com/dmbernstein_

https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-bernstein-005155a8

https://twitter.com/jimmy_UT

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jimmy-jongebloed-ab47b6158

https://twitter.com/tanmartin23

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tanner-martin-6a796919b

https://twitter.com/AdamGarfieldUT

https://www.linkedin.com/in/adamgarfield

O-line assistants

https://twitter.com/CoachQOdom

https://vucommodores.com/coach/quinshon-odom-2/

https://twitter.com/CoachFambrough

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tyler-fambrough-96163a1a1

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

TARS, can you re-align your programming to conduct  a qualitative analysis of the top trending digital currencies in the marketplace with the highest medium-term upside? Also, there's a top rack cover currently on back order for 2018 Ford Explorers Sport model. Can you hack into their company communications and let me know an estimation of when that part will be available to the general public again? Thanks, you're the best, we really missed you in your robot exile to upgrade your feelings algorithm. 

• Hook 'Em 2

(Eric Nahlin) IT Recruiting Matters: The Roster Sweet Spot

Spoiler

Outside of relationships, unless a player commits to an NFL factory like Alabama, early playing time is probably the biggest factor in a recruit’s decision.

Winning is of course important, but for now Steve Sarkisian is receiving the benefit of his extremely successful tenure at Alabama and the new car smell at Texas until games are played. Winning will be more important come October.

When it comes to relationship building, the staff is doing about as well as can be expected. Only so much can be accomplished given the lack of in-person contact. June will be massive in that department.

Since games haven’t been played and relationships are hard to cement, we’re left to analyze playing time. In this regard, Sarkisian finds himself in the favorable position of having a team he can win with, but also an inviting roster that offers early playing time to the types of recruits he and his staff are targeting.

Quarterback

Two deep: Jr Casey Thompson / R-Fr Hudson Card

Roster outlook with regards to recruiting: Texas can win with Thompson, and Card has very high upside, though it may require a trial year before he delivers on his promise.

Conclusion: Inviting. Neither player is seen as a barrier, especially given separation in recruiting classes. We know this because Quinn Ewers was already committed to Texas with this depth chart already in place and Maalik Murphy is committed now. Looking towards 2023, Arch Manning would have significant separation from Card, and Charles Wright/Cole Lourd pose no threat, no offense to either player.

Running back

Two deep: So Bijan Robinson / Jr Roschon Johnson

Roster outlook: Robinson is an easy sell as a three-and-done. He’s going to end up being a major positive in recruiting; hell, he already is. Roschon is a good platoon back and will be for the remainder of his career. Young guys like Jaydon Blue are already positioning themselves to be the next lead back.

Conclusion: Inviting. This time next year, there will only be three running backs on the roster, not counting the 2022 signees, and Robinson will be heading into his final season. Texas needs to add a runner who is a threat between the tackles in this class and the roster sets up well to do so.

Wide receiver

Rotation: Jr Josh Moore / Jr Jake Smith / Jr Kai Money / Jr Marcus Washington / So Jordan Whittington / R-Fr Kelvontay Dixon / R-Fr Troy Omeire / Fr Xavier Worthy (too talented to leave out)

Roster outlook: Lots of bodies, little production, what is this a TxDot road crew? One or more of Moore, Smith, Whittington, and Omeire could break out this season, but there are still five juniors on the roster who would only overlap one year with members of the 2022 class.

Conclusion: Inviting. Given Sark’s ability to keep numerous elite receivers happy with just one football to go around, he should have no problem selling early opportunity, and will probably express that through finding touches for Worthy ASAP. There is a huge opportunity to add difference makers in Sark’s first class at receiver.

Offensive line

First nine: Jr Christian Jones / Sr Denzel Okafor / R-Fr Jake Majors / Jr Angilau / R-Fr Andrej Karic / Sr Derek Kerstetter / So Tyler Johnson / Sr Tope Imade / So Isaiah Hookfin

Roster outlook: The o-line has solid starters and functional depth for the first time in years and years, but it’s lacking in NFL prototypes and elite talent. Also, this year’s offensive line might not have too much bearing on the following season. That remains to be seen.

Conclusion: Inviting. Numbers are low in general on the line, specifically for pure tackles. Texas is in the hunt for a number of elite talents who meet NFL specs. Even good offensive linemen are on a different developmental curve than other positions, so immediate playing time isn’t as large of a concern as it is for skill positions and defensive line. Elite talents are usually placated by being on the two-deep early, and that opportunity at a minimum will be there.

Tight end

Two deep: Sr Cade Brewer and Jr Jared Wiley / So Brayden Liebrock and Fr Gunnar Helm or Fr Juan Davis or Fr Ja’Tavion Sanders

Roster outlook: Brewer will depart after this season and the other players are unproven, including Wiley who is at least known for being talented. Helm, Davis, and Sanders are all promising.

Conclusion: Not as inviting as other positions due to sheer numbers. Also, Sanders could play a lot this season and have the look of being the future of the position with his versatility dominating snap allocation. But Jeff Banks, recruiter extraordinaire, recruits this position and can sell two things: finding ‘his’ guy, and usage of 12 personnel expanding opportunity.

Nose and defensive tackle

Rotation: Jr Keondre Coburn / Jr T’Vondre Sweat / Jr Moro Ojomo / So Alfred Collins / R-Fr Vernon Broughton / R-Fr Sawyer Goram-Welch

Roster outlook: It’s loaded for the next two years but then drops off considerably after 2022, at least based on the current outlook.

Conclusion: Not as inviting as other positions, yet Texas still has two good players committed in Kris Ross (borderline elite) and Zac Swanson. Those two would only overlap with Coburn, Sweat, Ojomo, and probably Collins, for one year. This position does pose the threat of some early departures so the staff is wise to load up.

J and X OLB

Rotation: Sr Jacoby Jones / Sr Ray Thornton / Sr Ben Davis / Jr Jett Bush / Jr Ovie Oghoufo / R-Fr Prince Dorbah

Roster outlook: Texas is in major need as it continues to transition from two different defenses in the prior two seasons. Three seniors who will play a ton this year are set to roll off the books. Texas does have some younger guys in Jordon Thomas, David Abiara, and Derrick Harris, but they won’t affect recruiting. Each guy will likely redshirt.

Conclusion: Very inviting. Paging Derrick Brown and Anthony Jones (along with some others), please pickup the orange and white courtesy phone.

Will and Mike

Rotation: Sr DeMarvion Overshown / So David Gbenda / Jr Luke Brockermeyer / Jr Devin Richardson / So Jaylan Ford

Roster outlook: Outside of hopefully becoming a great advertisment for Pete Kwiatkowski and Jeff Choate, Overshown has no impact on recruiting. He departs with his snaps going into the player pool, probably to be lapped up by Gbenda or Terrance Cooks in 2022. The Will inside linebacker doesn’t have a clear heir unless Gbenda ends up there instead of Mike. There is other young talent on the roster in the form of Ford and Jaden Hullaby, but roster perception is created by who is playing more so than who is waiting in the wings.

Conclusion: Inviting. IT expects Gbenda to become a real player, but others are either older, unproven, or both. Even if Luke B. or Richardson had sensational years, they’d still only have one season remaining. Cooks is a wildcard, but not much should be expected of him in his first campaign.

Cornerback

Two deep: Sr Josh Thompson / Sr D’Shawn Jamison / Sr Darion Dunn / So Kitan Crawford

Roster outlook: The same goes for Thompson and Jamison as Overshown; the Texas coaches have a great opportunity to sell quality positional play. Dunn would have another year if he wanted it. After the wave of upperclassmen depart, there isn’t much beyond Crawford and Jahdae Barron. Crawford is going to be really good and is ready to start this season. He’ll have one spot locked up in 2022. Freshman Jamier Johnson had a strong first spring.

Conclusion: Inviting-ish. The staff is pursuing Tulsa transfer Akayleb Evans who has two years of eligibility remaining. These coaches are smart enough to not do anything to jeopardize landing the dream triumvirate of Bryce Anderson, Denver Harris, and Terrance Brooks.

Nickel

Two deep: Jr Chris Adimora / Sr Anthony Cook

Roster outlook: Cook graduates after this season and there is no clear successor to Adimora waiting in the wings, though Crawford could easily fit there. You only make that move if you have really strong corner candidates, though.

Conclusion: Inviting. Texas is going big at defensive back recruiting in the class and one of the signees will be in line to follow Adimora. An educated guess would have it being Bryce Anderson.

Safety

Two deep: Sr Brenden Schooler / Sr BJ Foster / So Jerrin Thompson / Jr Tyler Owens

Roster outlook: You think star Aledo safety Bryan Allen might have noticed this depth chart? Texas needs bodies and given the staff’s preference for cover-men first, at least outside of boundary safety, safeties could be move-ins from corner or nickel. Freshman JD Coffey is a good fit for the defense and deserves mention.

Conclusion: Inviting. Like much of the roster we find departing seniors followed by unproven players.

Fielding a competitive, experienced inaugural team, and still providing early opportunity for blue-chip signees, makes for a roster sweet spot.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

TARS, can you re-align your programming to conduct  a qualitative analysis of the top trending digital currencies in the marketplace with the highest medium-term upside? Also, there's a top rack cover currently on back order for 2018 Ford Explorers Sport model. Can you hack into their company communications and let me know an estimation of when that part will be available to the general public again? Thanks, you're the best, we really missed you in your robot exile to upgrade your feelings algorithm. 

While I’m not a badass robot, here’s my two cents:

Digital currencies-wise, this is a tough market because shitcoins like Dogecoin selling off are pressuring a lot of retail investors to dump crypto. However, both Ethereum and Bitcoin have a pretty high probability of having adoption-driven catalysts (ex. digital wallet acceptance, merchant acquired acceptance, Xyz retail company accepting etc.) over the next six months. Given that Ethereum also has higher financial institution support, it’s probably a better bet of the two.

In regards to Ford, they are having significant supply chain issues from semi-conductor shortages (which they decided was a good reason to shut down an entire factory - which makes sense given the fixed cost is probably not offset by spare parts production). The last time I met with their management, they said 3Q21 is probably when they expect resolution so I figure September at the latest, July at the earliest.

• Fuck You 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting