The 01-06-21 Select Committee Thread

Satchel

29 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Click the menu on the top right, then click "account" and at the bottom of the account page is ignored users. Just added one of the trolls myself right now 

That menu has changed. There is no “Account” option anymore. Do you see one? I don’t. If you say you just ignored someone then I believe you. But I’ve logged off, deleted my cookies, and rebooted since first losing that menu and nothing changed. I guess I’ll try it again. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

10 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That menu has changed. There is no “Account” option anymore. Do you see one? I don’t. If you say you just ignored someone then I believe you. But I’ve logged off, deleted my cookies, and rebooted since first losing that menu and nothing changed. I guess I’ll try it again. 

That's bizarre, are you using tapa? I just use mobile, no tapa

Reporter/Committee Chair:  "Congressman Jordan, did you speak with President Trump on January 6th?"

Gym Jordan:  "Well, let's see....January 6th, you say?  Yes, well I was probably returning some video tapes."  

49 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That says, “Home Page.” It takes you here:

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/

No, not that. Hidden directly underneath your avatar, not below it. You can make out the left leg of the A, the entire t at the end, and the arrow is to the right of the envelope.

I don’t know why it’s incorrectly displaying like that, but the point is it’s still actually there.

22 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Catch his ass in a lie.  Do you take an oath before testifying before Congress?  If so, can you be jailed for being caught in a lie? Turn the fucking screws if so.

DemocRATs lie,  Republicans just run out of truth.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Evidently a third officer there committed suicide.  This is deeply weird, imo.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/02/politics/dc-metropolitan-police-officer-suicide-january-6-capitol-riot/index.html

Gotta wonder if the testimony of his fellow officers at the first hearing had anything to do with it. 

after three suicides, we are---statistically speaking---going to start forcing ourselves to ask questions, "were any capitol police in on this?"  Obviously the trauma/PTSD of the day is the leading indicator.  Stress of the job the other 364 days of the year is a close second.  I'm under the assumption these are all patriots trying their level best to keep the seat of our government safe.  But we do have to investigate, for the good of the USCP force and the Nation, whether or not some of those folks may have been in a pre-meditated plan.  

after three suicides, we are---statistically speaking---going to start forcing ourselves to ask questions, "were any capitol police in on this?"  Obviously the trauma/PTSD of the day is the leading indicator.  Stress of the job the other 364 days of the year is a close second.  I'm under the assumption these are all patriots trying their level best to keep the seat of our government safe.  But we do have to investigate, for the good of the USCP force and the Nation, whether or not some of those folks may have been in a pre-meditated plan.  
Agreed. It could be a combination of things and vary per person. 1 suicide could have been strictly PTSD, or one guy felt like he didn't do enough or failed his brothers or duty. Could also be guilt and shame for being complicit.

We tend to want to paint with broad strokes. Humans are complex critters.
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Evidently a third officer there committed suicide.  This is deeply weird, imo.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/02/politics/dc-metropolitan-police-officer-suicide-january-6-capitol-riot/index.html

It’s not like Fox News mocked them for seeking counseling 

https://www.businessinsider.com/tucker-carlson-laura-ingraham-mock-police-testimony-capitol-riot-2021-7

Or been Targeted by Trump

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-privately-called-officers-guarding-capitol-riot-pussies-report-2021-7

• Rage+1 5

Uh, this is getting weird.  I'm sure all the media coverage of that day being on all the news outlets during the hearings is bringing back some shit, as well as the words of their fellow officers on the front lines.  I'm guessing Laura and Tucker will be along tomorrow evening to blame the officers testifying for these suicides.  Instead of...you know...the people who did this to them.  

On 8/1/2021 at 1:33 PM, formermav43 said:

No, not that. Hidden directly underneath your avatar, not below it. You can make out the left leg of the A, the entire t at the end, and the arrow is to the right of the envelope.

I don’t know why it’s incorrectly displaying like that, but the point is it’s still actually there.

Oh, I see what you’re saying. I’d say that’s behind my avatar, not underneath it. It’s semantics but underneath suggests to me below, not behind. Doesn’t matter though because I still can’t access it. 

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Oh, I see what you’re saying. I’d say that’s behind my avatar, not underneath it. It’s semantics but underneath suggests to me below, not behind. Doesn’t matter though because I still can’t access it. 

Perhaps you can adjust the font scale (size?)

Obviously you don’t often work with software if you believe that. There’s a reason why help articles often talk about workarounds, and that reason is because they ain’t fixing a bug unless it’s affecting everyone, and then they still might not fix it.  And that’s for software you paid for. Expect developers to have no shits to give if you aren’t paying. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

Uh, this is getting weird.  I'm sure all the media coverage of that day being on all the news outlets during the hearings is bringing back some shit, as well as the words of their fellow officers on the front lines.  I'm guessing Laura and Tucker will be along tomorrow evening to blame the officers testifying for these suicides.  Instead of...you know...the people who did this to them.  

I can't believe they haven't blamed the Clintons yet. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Perhaps the site owner could fix his interface. It’s not the user’s job to work to make a poor interface more user friendly. 

You know, if you hate it here so much you’re free to leave at any time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/27/2021 at 1:33 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

Hopefully Congress doesn't have a recess scheduled soon that would get in the way; ala impeachment #2.

8 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

So this committee really seems to be putting in the overtime...

Nothing will get between congress critters and their fucking recess.  I hate all of them so damn much.

9 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Obviously you don’t often work with software if you believe that. There’s a reason why help articles often talk about workarounds, and that reason is because they ain’t fixing a bug unless it’s affecting everyone, and then they still might not fix it.  And that’s for software you paid for. Expect developers to have no shits to give if you aren’t paying. 

Lulz. I work in software development. Obviously you don’t. 

14 hours ago, Lobo said:

It is strange.  I think we all have to admit that being a cop can be a very tough job.  Maybe not as tough as they'd often have us believe, but tough nevertheless.

I suppose in some respects, Capitol Police is a relatively low stress job in that there's no "general crime" to police.  But the stakes are arguably higher considering what and whom they "serve and protect."

And this event had to be one of the higher stress events any of them have had to deal with.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lobo said:

Tucker is too busy speaking at a far right group in Hungary and hanging with Orban

45 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Lulz. I work in software development. Obviously you don’t. 

Then you know I'm right.  You don't work at a company that has a product so free of bugs that you fix every bug reported, because that company doesn't exist.  At best, there's a long backlog of bugs, most of which aren't prioritized, because if you spent all your time chasing bugs, you'd spend 0 time creating new features.  But you work in software development, so you know that.  

33 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

JFC you are a beating sometimes.

I’m not wrong. A fair and honest critique of the Surly web interface is no slight against the Texas Longhorns. Don’t act like it is.

It’s just a sports fan message board. It’s not really important. But if your goal is to attract users then it seems like a more user friendly interface would be your goal. If it was a more important interface like one for web commerce, or ERP, or a military application, it would be a serious issue.

Jesus Fucking Christ, the overreaction to a perfectly innocuous observation. 

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

I’m not wrong. A fair and honest critique of the Surly web interface is no slight against the Texas Longhorns. Don’t act like it is.

It’s just a sports fan message board. It’s not really important. But if your goal is to attract users then it seems like a more user friendly interface would be your goal. If it was a more important interface like one for web commerce, or ERP, or a military application, it would be a serious issue.

Jesus Fucking Christ, the overreaction to a perfectly innocuous observation. 

giphy.gif

ANOTHER ONE!  I had to double check I wasn’t somehow seeing the story twice. 

this is messed up. 
I was told that conservatives back the blue and that defaced American flag they love was a show of support for LEO.

Kinda looks like that was all bullshit to white wash racism and that dumb ass flag was created when the stars and bars was deemed to overtly racist.