The 01-06-21 Select Committee Thread

Satchel

This is Trump SOP. Slow everything down. Obfuscate. Lie. The lawsuit is never going anywhere because Trump will never allow himself to be deposed.  Just stall enough to cause problems. A continuous smearing of shit on everything. No one ever has the balls to continue fighting him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This is Trump SOP. Slow everything down. Obfuscate. Lie. The lawsuit is never going anywhere because Trump will never allow himself to be deposed.  Just stall enough to cause problems. A continuous smearing of shit on everything. No one ever has the balls to continue fighting him. 

This lawsuit is the only vehicle by which he has to assert executive privilege.  It presents almost completely questions of law and will probably be resolved in six months at the district court level.

Bannon and any others that wholly refuse to comply have a real problem.  Even with a common privilege like attorney-client, or even the 5th Amendment, you gotta fuckin show up and invoke it, on a case by case basis.  None of them completely shield you from testifying unless you are the defendant in your own trial.

On 10/8/2021 at 3:32 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm blocked from that, but if it's about this below, it's about like we figured...slow roll and delay all around. Meanwhile, momentum is building in the other direction.

wilson1.png.f013c321c4a234fb301e5ee1cc44245e.png

Wilson2.png.d13580f0d5d6b0e8cae7fce4eb88d43c.png

Wilson3.png.312a13d42fd348997d4f9aecd47a3d95.png

Adam Schiff is on the committee, so I ain't worried.

KZYIB2HPC322EN4N2REKRDMLVU.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Only bipartisan because Nancy told the Rs to fuck themselves with the likes of gym jordan and other maga morons. One of the things she has done right. 

Well being a select committee she actually had some say over who's in or out, in contrast to the normal committees

9 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Too bad it will be more difficult to get pics from the Trump Hotel meeting the day prior. Senator Tuberville was most likely at that one, though he denied it, there were pics of him in the lobby from that day.

One thing is for sure, either the Trump team is so fucking incompetent, they forgot to erase the security footage of the lobby and hallways that day.  Or they erased every minute of footage in the history of the hotel out of sheer paranoia.  Nothing in between.  

16 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Oh well ...

Too bad James Hodgkinson wasn't a better shot - the world would have been a better place here in 2021 if Scalise, Mo Brooks, Rand Paul and Ron DeSantis weren't still around. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

In the Rules Committee....

Raskin goes yard on Gaetz.  LOL.

If Gaetz was going to be seated and questioned, why did Raskin not simply state, "Yes or no, Mr. Gaetz, did you...." because he let Gaetz palaver and bloviate which confuses the questioning.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 10/20/2021 at 12:47 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Schiff has a purdy mouf, but I'm not sure he's all that great shakes as a lawyer/strategist/tactician.

I respect your opinion. However, this layperson was very impressed with his organization and oratory in both committee and impeachment trial. I see him as one of the great men of our day.

Jamie Raskin and his entire team impressed during the second impeachment trial.

Both men demonstrated the failure of rational thought, presentation of facts, and cogent argument against hate-based anti-truth villains seeking only power after power.

The GQP cares nothing about the United States, coming generations, or the fate of the world. It's a money-/power-grab that sees only present opportunity. And they are supported by the people they harm.

Idiot World End Times

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

9 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

^ Raskin is awesome…Ireally like Joe Neguse out of CO for the younger (84 baby) generation.

kinzinger/Meijer/Cheney/Ohio St. Gonzalez join Ds to hold Bannon in contempt.

They've voted or is that a prediction?

Edit: It's a fact. They've voted. Excellent! Well done you few GOPs with some conscience.

Contempt of Congress is a misdemeanor that could result in “up to one year in prison and a fine of up to $100,000” if the Justice Department chooses to prosecute Bannon, according to the Washington Post.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I respect your opinion. However, this layperson was very impressed with his organization and oratory in both committee and impeachment trial. I see him as one of the great men of our day.

Jamie Raskin and his entire team impressed during the second impeachment trial.

Both men demonstrated the failure of rational thought, presentation of facts, and cogent argument against hate-based anti-truth villains seeking only power after power.

The GQP cares nothing about the United States, coming generations, or the fate of the world. It's a money-/power-grab that sees only present opportunity. And they are supported by the people they harm.

Idiot World End Times

Schiff is good at what he does. It's just a shame that what he does isn't effective against fascism. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I'm sure it's been discussed, but what penalties might he face.  Hopefully federal pound me in the ass prison.

The criminal offense of contempt of Congress sets the penalty at not less than one month nor more than twelve months in jail and a fine of not more than $100,000 or less than $100.

edit: inb4 "whatabout when the (R)s are in charge???" concern trolling

Edited by Captainant