2022 Texas Baseball

Balcones

15 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I started going to UT games with my Dad and Grandfather way back in the early 1980s. My Grandfather passed in 1984 so it was just me and Dad for decades. We went the College World Series last June and we were so fired up after seeing how well everything went in July. But he got sick in September and died in October so he won't be around to see how it turns out. It is going to suck to see this season unfold without him, but hey at least I now have my sons to watch it with me. This season is going to be special I feel it.

Sorry about your Dad. Mine died also this year in early December. Thought about him during The Eyes before the game yesterday.

15 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Sorry to hear that Valmy. If you have any ashes or some token of your dad - make sure to bring that to Omaha this year so he can see them win it all again. 

Have to get it resized a bit bigger, but Dad left me his T ring and it will go to the games with me this year. 🤘

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

^

That's a good theory actually.  I thought he was looking a little rougher than usual, I totally spaced that we just had a ballot a few weeks ago. . 

csb/ few years ago, we took a vonlane to Houston for that Texas Bowl v.. Missouri.  This was like 9am and we weren't driving, so had some drinks on the bus to "tailgate" before the game.  Some Houston friends invited us to a pre-game deal at their fancy white people golf club.  Some of ya'll were probably there, it about 100 people or so with some former players.  So it's lunchtime and they're just slinging really well made bloody marys at us left and right.  By 1:00p I'm thinking to myself, "Shit, I gotta slow down.  I'm getting buzzed and kickoff isn't for 5 more hours."  As I go up to ask for water, I look over and it's Clemens pounding two bloody marys faster than I can chug one water...and he gets right back in line behind me to ask for two more.  Thought, "Damn, the Rocket's still got it!"  I wonder how many bars he and Boggs drank dry.

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

^

That's a good theory actually.  I thought he was looking a little rougher than usual, I totally spaced that we just had a ballot a few weeks ago. . 

csb/ few years ago, we took a vonlane to Houston for that Texas Bowl v.. Missouri.  This was like 9am and we weren't driving, so had some drinks on the bus to "tailgate" before the game.  Some Houston friends invited us to a pre-game deal at their fancy white people golf club.  Some of ya'll were probably there, it about 100 people or so with some former players.  So it's lunchtime and they're just slinging really well made bloody marys at us left and right.  By 1:00p I'm thinking to myself, "Shit, I gotta slow down.  I'm getting buzzed and kickoff isn't for 5 more hours."  As I go up to ask for water, I look over and it's Clemens pounding two bloody marys faster than I can chug one water...and he gets right back in line behind me to ask for two more.  Thought, "Damn, the Rocket's still got it!"  I wonder how many bars he and Boggs drank dry.

If this wasn't a dig then it should've been lol 

• Hook 'Em 1

I just meant that statistically speaking, a few Surly folks were likely there.  It was mostly this site's demographic ,and most of y'all donate to the LHF.  And certainly a bunch of y'all live in nice areas in Houston (I do not meet any of the above).  It wasn't until those first few months of Covid where we were all stuck at home that we'd all post about places we missed going to, places we actually did venture out to IRL as restrictions lifted, etc.....that I realized how frequently many of us probably cross paths with one another IRL and don't realize it because we obviously keep our names quiet.  Or maybe we're all just star-crossed assholes.  

14 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

I got a pic with him pregame and actually thought he looked pretty good (no homo /nttiawwt). That pic from Twatter makes his face look ruddier than it was/is.

It was cold and windy that day. Just because his face is red doesn't mean much in that weather.

6:30p/2:30p/1:00p.  Ticket sales link has our home game times even if texassports.com doesn't yet.  But it quickly gets into conflict beginning with Alabama.  their site says something completely different than ours does (even accounting for timezones, yes)

On 2/2/2022 at 9:30 AM, Mez2 said:

i checked the arkansas tech website - the Houston WInter Invitational is coming Feb 11-13th, Augustana, Arkansas Tech, St Mary's are all playing. will be held at MMP. 

Looks like you don't have to have a super secret Mez only code this year to get tickets.  You going?  If so which day(s)?

Looked up tickets for Corpus Cristi A&M vs Texas in Corpus a week ago for a Tuesday and Wednesday games at Whataburger field and the cheapest tickets in the lawn are were $67….   Thought, that’s crazy the price will come down  for sure.   Looked today and no tickets available, wtf!?   

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Looked up tickets for Corpus Cristi A&M vs Texas in Corpus a week ago for a Tuesday and Wednesday games at Whataburger field and the cheapest tickets in the lawn are were $67….   Thought, that’s crazy the price will come down  for sure.   Looked today and no tickets available, wtf!?   

Seatgeek has 4 on the berm for the wednesday game $41 each.

12 minutes ago, petscii said:

Seatgeek has 4 on the berm for the wednesday game $41 each.

Yea I searched a few more sites other than their link and found that.   But $41 even for berm seats vs Tamu Cc seems crazy to me.  This is college baseball in Corpus, I could have got tickets to UT home football games for cheaper this year. 

Edited by Hook1997

6 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Yea I searched a few more sites other than their link and found that.   But $41 even for berm seats vs Tamu Cc seems crazy to me.  This is college baseball in Corpus, I could have got tickets to UT home football games for cheaper this year. 

So you’re saying market forces/supply and demand works.

• Haha 1

Friday night for opening game with Rice looks like it's gonna be right chilly.  First pitch probably around 50, cooling off to 40 by end of game.  No precip though.

Saturday & Sunday look awesome though.  High 60's and sunny skies.  

Well shoot. Change of plans and dates so the missus and I will be in Baja Sur visiting the daughter and her fam this opening weekend.

Which means I have 2 tix for each game of the series available. Section R2 on the aisle. Right in line with the pitchers throw over to 1st.

If someone on here, or if you know someone (just no Rice folks) that are looking for two for any of the three, PM me. A cold beer bought at a game later in the year would suffice for payment. 🤘