Notre Dame V. Florida State. And Holy Shit...

Wally Pryor

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

Every fucking coach in the country would trade a 50 yard FG attempt for a 37 yard FG attempt

It’s just that, after he made the 50-yarder, you knew he was going to miss the next one. And does college football have the tuck rule? I didn’t think so but I could be wrong. But if not then that was a fumble and the call shouldn’t have been overturned.

And of course, if Norvell had just left things alone and took the FG, we don’t know that ND wouldn’t have scored a winning TD. It’s just that you knew when he iced his own kicker that it was all over. You could see it coming. 

3 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

Someone in our fandom made the point in re: tuck rule.  If QB Milton is trying to tuck it and threw a forward pass then it should be intentional grounding.

That is what I was thinking, I was hoping the official would come back and say upon further review it was an incomplete pass, and intentional grounding and they would move it back 15 yards from where he threw the ball.

Of course Florida state would not have tried the field goal, and then I expected them to hit a home run pass to score a touchdown

• Hook 'Em 1