Gabby Petito case - Dude comes back from couple's cross-country road trip; she's missing, he's silent

LonghornSean

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

And? Or are you pulling the More News at 11 game? 

Lulz sorry…I posted before I added his explanation (it may not necessarily have to do with how she was murdered—if they even know at this point):

"I think that they want to gather all of the evidence so that they don't get accused in a trial later of making mistakes," Abrams said.

A warrant could change the obligations of Brian Laundrie's parents.

"Suddenly, if he's a fugitive from justice, right now he's just a person of interest. That just means they want to find him, right? The minute that arrest warrant comes down, then, anyone who harbors him, anyone who helps him evade justice, etc, now they're committing a crime," Abrams said. "And that's the legal line that has to be crossed. That the minute that warrant is issued, now you assist, you help, you're harboring a fugitive."

"If the parents sent the investigators off into the wrong direction, that's a problem?" Stephanopoulos asked.

"Absolutely, we were just talking about this. If that park was a false flag, if actually there was not a car there and that's not where they found it, and it was all made up, the parents absolutely could be in legal trouble for that," Abrams said.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

If that park was a false flag, if actually there was not a car there and that's not where they found it, and it was all made up, the parents absolutely could be in legal trouble for that," Abrams said.

thought I read that there was a note on the car to move it from park official or police?

2 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

thought I read that there was a note on the car to move it from park official or police?

That’s what I thought also. The note on the car was from the park or something. One thing is very clear though: Abrams and all the legal types that cover these cases don’t think his parents have been truthful or may have been helping him.

If you have Twitter or can look at Twitter (all these blogger podcaster types have been driving past the Laundrie house for several days.) they have video of the mustang in the driveway on 9/15 but stories conflict saying the parents picked it up on 9/16 from the reserve and then called police on 9/17 to report Brian missing but…crazy people driving by their house stalking them have video.

This particular guy has been outside or driven past their house like daily since at least 9/11.as you can see mustang in driveway on 9/15 so the parents didn’t pick it up and bring it home from the reserve on 9/16. 

Law enforcement investigators know what they're doing.  They have so much data on them from social media, phone tracking, etc.  They're just dragging thru everything else to understand motive, if there was planning, who else could be involved.  Etc...

It'll all unfold soon.

Edited by freyguy
  • Hook 'Em 1

At this point, I wouldn’t think LE/FBI doesn’t think that dirty laundrie’s family has already helped him and likely hasn’t been truthful. 

9/1 - dirty arrives in North Port (allegedly) sans fiancé 

9/11 - Gabby reported missing

9/14- Parents said dirty decides to go to the reserve wearing hiking gear. (Corrected date on this one.)

9/17 - Parents report dirty missing to North Port police and say he had left on 9/12 and that they picked up his stang near the reserve on 9/16. And yet…I think dude stalking their house may also have footage of the mustang in the driveway on 9/14. Of course when Twitter guy was doing drivebys past their house he didn’t know dirty had gone to the reserve on 9/12 and was on the run/ not missing. 

His parents don’t like freak out when their son just splits amid all this shit? They aren’t panicked as fuck that their son is wandering around the fucking swamp? No…and then at least have his car for two plus days before they call 911 to report his ass missing? Wtf? 

Edited by Nicole44

53 minutes ago, freyguy said:

Law enforcement investigators know what they're doing.  They have so much data on them from social media, phone tracking, etc.  They're just dragging thru everything else to understand motive, if there was planning, who else could be involved.  Etc...

It'll all unfold soon.

No no no this hasn’t been obsessed over enough yet.  Another fucking Boston bomber internet sleuths riot needs to happen again. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

At this point, I wouldn’t think LE/FBI doesn’t think that dirty laundrie’s family has already helped him and likely hasn’t been truthful. 

9/1 - dirty arrives in North Port (allegedly) sans fiancé 

9/11 - Gabby reported missing

9/14- Parents said dirty decides to go to the reserve wearing hiking gear. (Corrected date on this one.)

9/17 - Parents report dirty missing to North Port police and say he had left on 9/12 and that they picked up his stang near the reserve on 9/16. And yet…I think dude stalking their house may also have footage of the mustang in the driveway on 9/14. Of course when Twitter guy was doing drivebys past their house he didn’t know dirty had gone to the reserve on 9/12 and was on the run/ not missing. 

His parents don’t like freak out when their son just splits amid all this shit? They aren’t panicked as fuck that their son is wandering around the fucking swamp? No…and then at least have his car for two plus days before they call 911 to report his ass missing? Wtf? 

So what have the parents done exactly? Is there a break down?

Using your timeline here, dude arrives home and probably tells family the wedding is off. We spit and went our separate ways. Parents have no reason to question much, not out of ordinary for dumb 20 somethings. 

Shit hits the fan ten days later with her missing?  Then what happened?

Just now, ChickenSandwich said:

So what have the parents done exactly? Is there a break down?

Using your timeline here, dude arrives home and probably tells family the wedding is off. We spit and went our separate ways. Parents have no reason to question much, not out of ordinary for dumb 20 somethings. 

Shit hits the fan ten days later with her missing?  Then what happened?

Well…it’s more complicated than that. From about 8/27 Gabby’s parents were trying to reach her. No luck there so called dirty and dirty’s parents repeatedly and daily up until 9/11. So they knew shit was a bit more complicated than that. Then she’s reported missing on 9/11 and when cops come to their door they already have a lawyer and won’t speak to them just hand them a note saying to contact their attorney and say their son is not at their house. I still believe Gabby’s parents are contacting or trying to contact them up thru then. Plus, he came back in her van (her family’s van.) they had to know something was bad wrong.

7 hours ago, freyguy said:

It'll all unfold soon.

it was the butler in the pantry with a butter knife

Anybody remember the wig shop murders in Houston? Nice Jewish boy psycho killer from Southampton goes into a West U wig shop and stabs err'body for no reason, and then his parents, knowing he was guilty as homemade sin, funded him on a round-the-world trip, so he could live a little before starting what could have been a death sentence. Cops nabbed him in Germany, I think, after months of globetrotting on his fucked up family's dime. 

I don't think the Laundries have that kind of money, but parents be trippin' sometimes. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator

Parents are typically going to trust and believe their child's story, sometimes despite all evidence to the contrary.  It's part of being a parent.  This dude had days to think up and detail out a plausible story for his parents.  It would also be hard as shit to turn your child in on any crime.  I'm not surprised they helped him when he first got home, that's just natural parental instincts.  My problem with it would be if they are still helping him with all the information now public.

I like how CNN now has a prominent article discussing how the Petito case is grabbing a disproportionate amount of media attention relative to missing minority cases.. But rather than run individual articles about any of the minority cases they mention in their summary, they'll crank out another 8 stories today related to the Gabby saga.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I like how CNN now has a prominent article discussing how the Petito case is grabbing a disproportionate amount of media attention relative to missing minority cases.. But rather than run individual articles about any of the minority cases they mention in their summary, they'll crank out another 8 stories today related to the Gabby saga.  

Bingo.

It’s unfortunate that few people understand this today. The media wants stories that enrage people so it gets more clicks. They are the ones that force feed stories to us. Merica!

• Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Love it, CNN is complaining about the abundant news coverage the blonde, white girls get, and minorities don't.  

PRO TIP: You're (allegedly) a news company, why don't you report these stories, and make them more main stream ?   That's a rhetorical question, we already know why they don't.

39 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Major news outlets are all garbage. 

News at 11.. 

.... and 12.... and 1, and 2, and 3, and 4, and 5, and 6, and 7, and 8, and 9, and 10, and ad infinitum.......to infinity, and beyond...

• Hook 'Em 1