Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

1 minute ago, Lou_Sassle said:

1) I'm not a city guy. I grew up in Matagorda County. 

2)I really don't give a shit about the beach or the scenery if the taxation and the people and the quality of life suck ass.

3) I've traveled all around the country with my job. This is nothing special. Hill country TX (to me anyway) is still the place I'd pick to be over anywhere else in the country. 

Well taking Waco over Pismo Beach is some kind of choice, but at least you're consistent.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Like 1
  • Replies 29.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• texifornia

• Elmer_Fudd

• Machinator

• Ricky's one-hitter

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

uke

offense   ✍️

1 in coaches were made aware late last night 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Lots of drama in LJ's recruitment -- thinks he's gonna early enroll, and then last minute decides nah. 

If LJ goes to aggy, not gonna be upset about it...

Yeah, I would like to have him, but for one season Texas can get by with Robinson, Johnson, Young, and Brooks. Blue is already in the bag, and you can now work on Miller, Jones, or a highly rated APB.

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

I admit, every single time I go to Lake Tahoe I think to myself “man what a shithole this place is. I sure would’ve rather spent this week in Vidor.” 

Same with the last time we were in Carmel. “Man, how could anyone love like this? I wish I was in Lubbock right now.”

Visiting somewhere and living somewhere for the rest of your life are two completely different things. I would rather live anywhere in TX than anywhere in CA.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1
5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I admit, every single time I go to Lake Tahoe I think to myself “man what a shithole this place is. I sure would’ve rather spent this week in Vidor.” 

Same with the last time we were in Carmel. “Man, how could anyone love like this? I wish I was in Lubbock right now.”

I was just in Laguna Beach and I had a soliloque and thought "man, this is ok, but I do miss that bed and breakfast I stayed in Jasper."

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1
18 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Man, San Diego is just about perfect. 

Not sure when the last time you were here, but I can tell you, you would much rather be in Texas right now without question. Spent the better part of last year here. It isn't the same place it was 5 years ago for sure. I have spent a substantial part of time in LA, SF and SD this year. SD is still much better but even the locals are severely agitated. The way I look at things is would I raise a family here, and anyone would have to back a brinks truck up to my house to move my family here. What I have seen here in California this past year is appalling. Been here all year. These people are a special kind of stupid. Keep in mind I do travel back and forth to Texas, so I have seen both sides of it.

Edited by Longhornlove
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2
1 hour ago, hornfromdallas said:

the truth hurts

if some of you saw how texas players talk about texas u would :(:(

in their eyes aggy is big brother 

Oh no, you mean the next time that we only lose one game to the #1 team in the country we are going to be left out of the playoff because we are little brother? We're Doomed!

• Hook 'Em 1
7 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

Visiting somewhere and living somewhere for the rest of your life are two completely different things. I would rather live anywhere in TX than anywhere in CA.

Right, you've told us like 12 times.

2 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Not sure when the last time you were here, but I can tell you, you would much rather be in Texas right now without question. Spent the better part of last year here. It isn't the same place it was 5 years ago for sure. I have spent a substantial part of time in LA, SF and SD this year. SD is still much better but even the locals are severely agitated. The way I look at things is would I rase a family here, and anyone would have to back a brinks truck up to my house to move my family here. What I have seen here in California this past year is appalling. Been here all year. These people are a special kind of stupid. Keep in mind I do travel back and forth to Texas, so I have seen both sides of it.

Wrong. And get back on track. People who hate SD are those who can’t really afford it. Sad but true. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Some in here are just ludicrous..... Really, you bring up Vidor and Jasper, is that what you have to offer? You know what, I probably would prefer those places over anywhere, CA, just because it would be so much closer to what I love compared to what I know I don't like. Go ahead criticize me, don't care.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1
3 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Wrong. And get back on track. People who hate SD are those who can’t really afford it. Sad but true. 

I never said I hate SD dipshit.  BTW which part was wrong about what I stated? Several options there, some opinions and if they are my opinions they can be wrong to you and right to me.

• Fuck You 2
2 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

this isnt 2005 a&m has become big brother

all you homers need to take your orange glasses off to see it

i know for a fact kids in this era see texas a&m as superior to texas because my woo was recruited by both during the process & i got to talk to many recruits in a gc 

Lol. That’s all.

23 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Would you dipshits shut the fuck up about California vs Texas? Places in California are great. Places in Texas are great. Places in California suck. Dallas, Texas sucks. Who gives a shit. Fuck you.

It's accurate now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
26 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Would you dipshits shut the fuck up about California vs Texas? Places in California are great. Places in Texas are great. Places in California suck. Places in Texas suck. Who gives a shit. Fuck you.

hey arnold nicksplat GIF

33 minutes ago, Machinator said:

What’s a NSD without a live streamed commitment and a news station picking it up? This just feels right. We can only hope we get to see an absurdly long slideshow of his childhood and maybe a couple good murders reported right before.

I expect all of our Surly sluthers to be on top of their hat analysis tomorrow. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
56 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

Ever spent any time in Brownfield?

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

What’s a NSD without a live streamed commitment and a news station picking it up? This just feels right. We can only hope we get to see an absurdly long slideshow of his childhood

Hopefully, he can slip in some updated Super 8mm film of Walker Little, too. We need to catch up on how he’s doing at Stanford. 

2 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Would you dipshits shut the fuck up about California vs Texas? Places in California are great. Places in Texas are great. Places in California suck. Places in Texas suck. Who gives a shit. Fuck you.

The problem with Texas is its full of Texans

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck You 4

I would say that right now in the eyes of most Texas high school players and more importantly the ever so fragile high school coaches that A&M is preferred to Texas.  Jimbo Fisher got his team up to #4 this year (since they were lucky as fuck not to play OU in a bowl and get rolled like Florida did). Yes, Texas nationally is a more recognized program. Yes, nationally Texas is a monster from the program's cash revenue perspective.  But at this point in time, A&M still has the edge in Texas recruiting... at least for this Wednesday.  

HOWEVER....  what brings a grin to my face is the knowledge that right now we are at the ZENITH of Aggie football, and yet the signs of the tide changing can already be seen.  First imagine what sort of class Texas pulls in ANY time we finish a season ranked #4 or better?  (If you are old enough to remember such things 😉 ) And then look at the 2022 recruiting rankings from 24/7.  Even with the splash of Jimbo FIsher, and an amazing #4 final ranking... Sark has already recruited well enough  to push the Aggies and Jimbo out of the top ten rankings.  With the same number of players verbally committed.  How fucking frustrating must if be for the Aggies, that a brand fucking new Texas coach can come in, hold a press conference, and less than a month later be out-recruiting the state's current "big dog?" 

Who here would have predicted that as of tomorrow Texas' 2022 verbal commitment list would be better than Jimbo Fisher's A&M coming off a #4 season ending ranking? Besides maybe...satyanash?   😉

2 minutes ago, horn4life said:

I would say that right now in the eyes of most Texas high school players and more importantly the ever so fragile high school coaches that A&M is preferred to Texas. 

ahhh so THSFB coaches now love Jimbo because of his East coast recruiting?  Gotcha

I’m just ready for this rusty coat hangar abortion of a recruiting cycle to be over with. Not getting LJ was quickly more than offset by getting Blue. Uke would go a long way to not completely and totally fucking up our OL. Other than that we do lot have any glaring holes in a lineup as long as we get this shit corrected fir 2022 which looks to be the case. 

• Like 3

For all of your football boarders that plan to shit on the late risers we sign today, this is a reminder that last year at this time we were waiting the announcement of Ennis Rakestraw who went on to start as a true Freshman for Missouri. Despite being a relative unknown heading into the txhsfb playoffs, he ended up in the middle of the pack of true freshman starters per PFF. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I’m just ready for this rusty coat hangar abortion of a recruiting cycle to be over with. Not getting LJ was quickly more than offset by getting Blue. Uke would go a long way to not completely and totally fucking up our OL. Other than that we do lot have any glaring holes in a lineup as long as we get this shit corrected fir 2022 which looks to be the case. 

I think I posted this 200 pages ago. Essentially you can fuck a class up, especially in the time of the portal, and it’s just not that big a deal if you had a good class before it and after it, but you stack two bad classes together and you are basically dead. That’s why Herman literally had to go. That’s why Charlie had to go when he did. Both were gonna be responsible for two shit classes in a row.