Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

6 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

LHN is so bad its embarrassing that we could screw something like that up. How in the hell you have your own network and not make today a big deal? We should be having these athletes on screen live with zoom interviews, have position coaches in studio to break down each player, etc. 

They typically do all of that on the early NSD. Most kids sign early, so the traditional NSD just doesn’t matter nearly as much.

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Fong "article" on Uke. (From this AM.)

Hide contents

“The biggest thing that sticks out to me is the kind of opportunity, the education being the biggest thing that was important to me,” Uke said. “Having a good degree along with connections in the adult world that’s really helpful with integrating in adult life after football. Second, good football is important to me too. Playing early is also an important part to me as well. My dream is to go to the NFL so picking the right school can help me get to that point as well.”

Yeah there's only one school that checks off all of those boxes out of his finalists. 

I can say that since Stanford only plays school these days.

Fuck Stanford. We should've had two All-American OTs the last few years. It's not like they do anything worthwhile with these blue chip o-linemen anyway. Meanwhile, it was the biggest obstacle to us winning two titles a decade ago and has been the one big issue with our roster since then.

Edited by Bevo14

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

“Having a good degree along with connections in the adult world that’s really helpful with integrating in adult life after football."

Uke to Texas State confirmed. 

Not a 100% lock.

Arizona St. also in the mix.

• Haha 1

Spoiler

By: Justin, Eric, and Gerry

While most of UT's Class of 2021 is wrapped up in a bow, we found a few more gifts under the tree.

Cy-Fair RB LJ Johnson:
They might not play on the field, but it's been a Texas-Texas A&M battle for the four-star tailback. Stan Drayton was still swinging in the 12th round, but it's likely Johnson lands in College Station. With a RB room of Bijan Robinson, Roschon Johnson, Daniel Young, Jonathon Brooks, and Gabe Watson, plus newest commit, Jaydon Blue, Texas should be ok here.

IT prediction: Texas A&M
Mansfield Legacy DE David Abiara:
The long-time Notre Dame pledge put himself back on the market a couple months ago, and Texas has been steady in this pursuit. After a credible push by Washington, Texas has a big lead heading into NSD this morning after hiring Huskies DC Pete Kwiatkowski. Adding another DE was key for Sark's transition class.

IT prediction: Texas

Parish Episcopal OL Austin Uke:
This one has some mystery. The players - Stanford, Northwestern, Texas - are present. Each offers something unique to the athletic prospect who seeks strong academics in his future program. He's going live at noon, live-streaming from his Instagram page (we'll be updating) and possibly FOX 4. The mom has been big in the corner of USC at first, and Stanford in recent weeks. Uke’s older sister wanted to attend Oklahoma, but the mother pushed Rice until Rice won out. Texas has been making up ground in Uke’s mind in the last week.

IT prediction: 60-40 Stanford over Texas

Dallas Kimball CB Ishmael Ibraheem:
As we reported on Sunday night, the four-star corner from DFW is set to sign with the class he committed to months ago. This is going to be a happy story.

IT NSD2 predictions

27 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Could be an unpopular opinion, but I don’t think relationships with the Texas high school coaches mean as much as 9.95ers try to tell us. In this era of social media, 7 v 7, trainers, etc, the HS coaches aren’t getting in these kids ears like they may of in the past. Hell, Charlie Strong completely ignored talking to HS coaches and basically went through the players and their parents and he still pulled in some highly ranked classes. 

A&M won this year so you didn’t hear a peep about it. The relationship with the Texas high school coaches excuse card only is pulled when you are losing. 

Yes and no. It's not just about getting in a kids ear about where to go to college, but it's also about the coach being forthcoming in telling you what kind of kid he is. Is he a hard worker? An asshole? Is he getting in trouble with his teachers? Coaches are also extremely valuable for under the radar guys and especially for identifying players on other teams that they had trouble with. It's not possible to scout every player in Texas but you can get intel from everywhere. That network is extremely valuable in so many levels beyond them pushing their own players to a certain school. 

And bike coaching shorts. They can hook you up with those too if that's still a thing. 

• Hook 'Em 3

It is amazing how terrible $9.95ers look when they don't have a recruit or coach just tell them where they are going. I have no clue where Uke will end up, but it is painfully obvious that the recruiting services also do not know. If they have to use a 60-40%, then they might as well use their usual bullshit of just pretending to know and saying they can't spoil it for him or some other bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:
  Reveal hidden contents

By: Justin, Eric, and Gerry

While most of UT's Class of 2021 is wrapped up in a bow, we found a few more gifts under the tree.

Cy-Fair RB LJ Johnson:
They might not play on the field, but it's been a Texas-Texas A&M battle for the four-star tailback. Stan Drayton was still swinging in the 12th round, but it's likely Johnson lands in College Station. With a RB room of Bijan Robinson, Roschon Johnson, Daniel Young, Jonathon Brooks, and Gabe Watson, plus newest commit, Jaydon Blue, Texas should be ok here.

IT prediction: Texas A&M
Mansfield Legacy DE David Abiara:
The long-time Notre Dame pledge put himself back on the market a couple months ago, and Texas has been steady in this pursuit. After a credible push by Washington, Texas has a big lead heading into NSD this morning after hiring Huskies DC Pete Kwiatkowski. Adding another DE was key for Sark's transition class.

Parish Episcopal OL Austin Uke:
This one has some mystery. The players - Stanford, Northwestern, Texas - are present. Each offers something unique to the athletic prospect who seeks strong academics in his future program. He's going live at noon, live-streaming from his Instagram page (we'll be updating) and possibly FOX 4. The mom has been big in the corner of USC at first, and Stanford in recent weeks. Uke’s older sister wanted to attend Oklahoma, but the mother pushed Rice until Rice won out. Texas has been making up ground in Uke’s mind in the last week.

IT prediction: 60-40 Stanford over Texas

Dallas Kimball CB Ishmael Ibraheem:
As we reported on Sunday night, the four-star corner from DFW is set to sign with the class he committed to months ago. This is going to be a happy story.

IT NSD2 predictions

image.gif.982b6eccb8aa0a305d7d9103ceeabecf.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

So if he’s not in we all agree to neg bomb Carl for misleading us right? Here’s your chance to prove if you’re a glizzy gladiator or glizzy goblin

I would, but I put him on ignore last night.  3rd person overall on that list, so congrats Carl.

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Could be an unpopular opinion, but I don’t think relationships with the Texas high school coaches mean as much as 9.95ers try to tell us. In this era of social media, 7 v 7, trainers, etc, the HS coaches aren’t getting in these kids ears like they may of in the past. Hell, Charlie Strong completely ignored talking to HS coaches and basically went through the players and their parents and he still pulled in some highly ranked classes. 

A&M won this year so you didn’t hear a peep about it. The relationship with the Texas high school coaches excuse card only is pulled when you are losing. 

Agree with this.

I ask the HS coaches I know about this and they say for the most part coaches don't have a lot of influence on where the player goes.  There are exceptions.

Having said that it's not a good idea to go Tom Herman on the HS coaches.  I have had some telll me they hated him.  That's not good for recruiting. 

55 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

“Having a good degree along with connections in the adult world that’s really helpful with integrating in adult life after football."

Uke to Texas State confirmed. 

I wonder what the rankings look like for adult world talent by school. ASU is probably a blue blood?

Edited by Bevo14

1 hour ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

LHN is so bad its embarrassing that we could screw something like that up. How in the hell you have your own network and not make today a big deal? We should be having these athletes on screen live with zoom interviews, have position coaches in studio to break down each player, etc. 

1 hour ago, Lonestar88 said:

They typically do all of that on the early NSD. Most kids sign early, so the traditional NSD just doesn’t matter nearly as much.

Right, but the morning lineup today features back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to back re-airs of this week's installment of "Game Plan with Vic Shaefer".

They don't even need to bother the football coaches to produce content; simply having RTF students piece together highlights for each signee would make for better programming. 

Let's face it, ESPN has given up. Wish someone who knows how to tweet (which makes me ineligible) would ask Del Conte about this.

Edited by Baconboy

5 minutes ago, Baconboy said:

Right, but the morning lineup today features back-to-back-to back-to-back-to back-to-back-to back re-airs of this week's installment of "Game Plan with Vic Shaefer".

They don't even need to bother the football coaches to produce content; simply having RTF students piece together highlights for each signee would make for better programming. 

Let's face it, ESPN has given up. Wish someone who knows how to tweet (which makes me ineligible) would ask Del Conte about this.

I don’t disagree with your point, and LHN could be a lot better, but it looks like the ACC Network and the SEC Network are both airing reruns of bball focused shows as well. 

Would you dipshits shut the fuck up about California vs Texas? Places in California are great. Places in Texas are great. Places in California suck. Places in Texas suck. Who gives a shit. Fuck you.

Something cool happened underneath the surface. A couple posters flirted with going CR and were dunked on by posters I know to be both liberal and conservative. Unity bby.

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Bill Embody,, who's an SMU/LSU mod who lives in Dallas, CB's Uke to Texas with a confidence level of 5

I feel like he is pretty trustworthy here as uke has multiple people from his school going to SMU including Preston Stone. 

38 minutes ago, Baconboy said:

Right, but the morning lineup today features back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to back re-airs of this week's installment of "Game Plan with Vic Shaefer".

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1