Dumb Question Amnesty Thread

PilotsError

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

How do you contact Amazon if a package says delivered but it wasn't? Help an old man navigate the modern electronics. I've looked all over their pages and can't find a simple "email us". I know there's got to be something.

Missing package page - https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117310

Contact us

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201945430

On 2/7/2019 at 4:55 PM, ajax said:

Each tiny piece has 90mg of THC (according to the label) which means nothing to me.

What kind of dumb mother fucker takes edibles at work. Last time I tried an edible i was at UT and it fucked me up.

What do I do with the jellies?

90mg is really damn strong. I usually stick to the 10-20mg range. And yeah, just drop them off at Murchison.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 10:20 AM, El Diablo said:

Are 4 or 5 blades on a disposable razor really better than 2? or 3?

In my lifetime first there was the disposable razor with one blade and I used those. Then with two blades and I bought those. Then with three blades and I bought those. And that's where I stopped.

I just went back to 3 blade from 5 blade.  No difference in shaving, but the 3 blade clogs less.

I just started a new job. The previous guy they said was a great employee but recently his performance sucked. He left behind a huge mess that I have to fix.

And I think I know the cause.

They cleaned most of his personal shit from the office but not all of it. Left in my desk is a giant, and I mean giant, tin of jelly candies infused with cannabis. Each tiny piece has 90mg of THC (according to the label) which means nothing to me.

What kind of dumb mother fucker takes edibles at work. Last time I tried an edible i was at UT and it fucked me up.

Are you sure it's 90mg each or for the whole container? Because that's crazy strong. Most edibles you buy would be dosed around 10mg each. 

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:55 PM, ajax said:

I just started a new job. The previous guy they said was a great employee but recently his performance sucked. He left behind a huge mess that I have to fix.

They cleaned most of his personal shit from the office but not all of it. Left in my desk is a giant, and I mean giant, tin of jelly candies infused with cannabis. Each tiny piece has 90mg of THC (according to the label) which means nothing to me.

They're testing you. Choose wisely.

Mother of God.

• Like 1

I go camping every year at Easter with some older friends. They had been doing this for about 15 years before I started going. It’s out near Rocksprings and the first time I went they marveled at the full moon and how lucky they were to always have a full moon at the Easter camp out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

To start with Easter is always a Sunday.  Also, Easter is based on the Jewish Passover which was the first full moon after the vernal equinox.  Therefore, Easter is usually the Sunday following the first full moon after the vernal equinox.

And Christmas co-opted a pagan holiday and just kept the date because people were already accustomed to having a celebration that day, which just happened to roughly coincide with the winter solstice. 

Hmmm...I think I'm starting to see a pattern here. 

Hmmm...the twelve tribes of Israel, the twelve apostles of Jesus, the twelfth Imam of Islam...twelve signs of the zodiac. You don't suppose...

Nah, gotta be coincidence. 

7 hours ago, OrangEngr said:

Because you can’t control the day of the week someone is born, but the Romans were sticklers about Crucifixion Fridays 

After Tuesday (when we eat the birds), Crucifixion Fridays are by far the best day of the week. Crucifixion Friday is the best- w00t!!

11 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

And Christmas co-opted a pagan holiday and just kept the date because people were already accustomed to having a celebration that day, which just happened to roughly coincide with the winter solstice. 

Hmmm...the twelve tribes of Israel, the twelve apostles of Jesus, the twelfth Imam of Islam...twelve signs of the zodiac. You don't suppose...

And now aggy is suing.

• Like 1

70ada12db765021fff7296035d9d9537.jpg

On 2/13/2019 at 2:50 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Why is Christmas on the same date every year but not Easter?

WhatTheBuck touched on it. 

I took an Anthropology Dept. class in college at Tx St. called "Magic, Ritual & Religion".  It was fucking awesome, and I still have the book.  Basically you learned about different tribes and religions throughout history and how most of them use drugs to have religious experiences.  What we learned about Christianity was nobody could really figure out when Jesus's birthday actually was so they decided to come up with a day to celebrate it that competed with Paganism.  Halloween is the Pagan New Year and they figured 2 months later would compete with it since they were trying to promote a new religion.  At least that's the way I remember it being taught.

On 2/13/2019 at 6:54 AM, El Diablo said:

How do you contact Amazon if a package says delivered but it wasn't? Help an old man navigate the modern electronics. I've looked all over their pages and can't find a simple "email us". I know there's got to be something.

Just write it off as a loss. I went through the same thing last year with a package. They said it was delivered,  I said it wasn't,  back and forth, over and over. They said they had a signature for it...from someone who doesn't work here, at a time we weren't open.   "We'll check into it".  Fuggit

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Just write it off as a loss. I went through the same thing last year with a package. They said it was delivered,  I said it wasn't,  back and forth, over and over. They said they had a signature for it...from someone who doesn't work here, at a time we weren't open.   "We'll check into it".  Fuggit

I never had anything but good experiences from Amazon in these situations. Last year, when I was house sitting for a woman I was dating, she ordered a Firestick on their Amazon Prime Day deals. It said it was delivered to her apartment but it was not in her mail locker. And not at her front door. So I get online with Amazon customer service and tell them what happened. It was something that was time sensitive. So I needed it the next day. Now I did have to go through about 5 or 6 people before I got to someone who got act on what I wanted. And that was to send me another Firestick overnight.  They tried to push a few other options like a refund (wouldn't work because this Firestick was at a discount price so if I repurchased, we'd be paying $10 more). Another option was a refund at the sale price and a $10 credit. But you can't order more than 2 of these Firesticks per 14 days. So they finally gave in to what I wanted but they were very helpful. I asked them what happens if the other Firestick shows up one day. They said no worries and keep it. And it did end up at her place a week later. Amazon's customer service is top notch. Now maybe that is more for Prime members and they don't go out of their way to help non Prime members?

I had that happen over Christmas. They said it was delivered, but I got home about 20 minutes after the time they said it was delivered and no package was there. When I contacted them they sent me a picture of the package sitting on my porch that the delivery guy took.

On 2/13/2019 at 10:06 AM, crash_davis said:

so, can a woman get pregnant in a hot tub?

I am stunned that not one surly bastard answered this question.

Interestingly, while the origin of this bit was a query regarding immaculate conception in a jizz filled jacuzzi, it is a relevant subject for those seeking to avoid pregnancy.

Because it's too hot for sperm to survive if directly exposed to hot tub water, sex in a hot tub is slightly more effective as a contraceptive measure than the rhythm method. So, it's still a roll of the dice, but the guy before you just rolled snake-eyes, and what are the odds of it happening again, right? Dad?

• 2 weeks later...
When runners aren't on base why don't catchers kneel and take the pressure off their knees?   Squatting on, say, 2/3 of the pitches thrown to them has to take a ton out of their knees over the years.  Seems like  you could easily alleviate that.  

This question is in the right thread.

16 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

When runners aren't on base why don't catchers kneel and take the pressure off their knees?   Squatting on, say, 2/3 of the pitches thrown to them has to take a ton out of their knees over the years.  Seems like  you could easily alleviate that.  

They should give them a little stool. 

On 2/22/2019 at 10:19 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

No. But patchouli does. 

Do you think patchouli in and of itself does?  Or do you just make that association because you've been around one too many hippies that used it instead of a shower.

I smelled patchouli on a non-hippy recently and was surprised by how pleasant it was.  Didn't even recognize the odor because it didn't have the underlying "haven't showered in a week while following a jam band in the middle of summer" stench connected.

• Like 1