• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

But I think it proved some things to people. I never bought into the big brother syndrome stuff, but some people did. 

Wait...one of the article's central themes is that they left because Powers said "we'll take care of you" to Loftin, which, to them, exemplifies the infinite arrogance of Texas, blah blah blah. And their response was to go all "we'll show you!" and go out of their way to separate from Texas, then spend the next decade (and counting) patting themselves on the back about it. 

Isn't that pretty much the definition of "big brother syndrome stuff?"

All I could think about while reading that:

I can handle things!

Image result for fredo i'm smart

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Wait...one of the article's central themes is that they left because Powers said "we'll take care of you" to Loftin, which, to them, exemplifies the infinite arrogance of Texas, blah blah blah. And their response was to go all "we'll show you!" and go out of their way to separate from Texas, then spend the next decade (and counting) patting themselves on the back about it. 

The only part better than that was the one chode saying "We eliminated all the Aggie jokes by going SEC!!!!" which is itself an Aggie joke.

1 hour ago, Telegraph_it said:

Lulz. 

You care, James Hardt.  You do.  Haha.

It honestly gives me a warm fuzzy to think about James going to his death bed never having seen the aggys win anything significant in his entire lifetime.  Nada.

1 hour ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

For anyone that actually read all that did they get Texas’ side of the story at all or just regurgitate the aggy version?

I didn't read it all, but I didn't notice anything in there about aggy in talks with the SEC a year before they said they were. Before Texas was talking to the PAC.

Just now, Tex Pete said:

I didn't read it all, but I didn't notice anything in there about aggy in talks with the SEC a year before they said they were. Before Texas was talking to the PAC.

it was written to sound like Texas was secretly trying to forklift half the Big 12 to the Pac without telling anyone. fucking eyeroll. and then because Texas was sneaky and duplicitous and didn't treat A&M like a 100% equal partner all the time in everything-- which, I don't know if anyone other than Aggies isn't aware, THAT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE A PODUNK SHITHEEL AG SCHOOL IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, YOU ARE NOT AN EQUAL PARTNER IN ANYTHING-- A&M had to bravely go to the SEC. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

That's because they're lying bags of shit.

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I also loved the chart Bowtie Loftin put together showing the pros and cons of all the factors in A&M's move. 

Academics was listed as "substantial decrease", which sounds bad, and it was only ranked 5th. But seriously all the Aggie jokes can stop now guys. They're a cosmopolitan university.

Bowen_Loftin_Chart.jpg

"Ability to compete in football" - no appreciable change - lol...

spacer.png

• Like 1

I also loved the chart Bowtie Loftin put together showing the pros and cons of all the factors in A&M's move. 

Academics was listed as "substantial decrease", which sounds bad, and it was only ranked 5th. But seriously all the Aggie jokes can stop now guys. They're a cosmopolitan university.

Bowen_Loftin_Chart.jpg

There are some other assumptions on this chart that are absolutely wrong:

Travel impact - 1 east coast game is an advantage over 1 west coast or no change so advantage SEC? okkkk

Texas A&M Independence and Leadership - Greatly Enhanced in the SEC? LOL

Culture of Conference - Similar Culture to SEC? Even the backwoods gomers think you are weird. 

Conference member revenue - Probable decrease for the B12. Oops.

National exposure - Increase certain, advantage SEC. I suppose you like getting your ass kicked on national television better than the alternative?

• Like 1

Bowen_Loftin_Chart.jpg

AND, they are a National Brand.

5 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Comedy value: the statements about "equal revenue".

aggy demanded a big-boy share in the bdf with negative justification.

aggy demanded the orphan payout when Texas & 0u did the right thing and graciously said no.

The article is bleat-bait.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

That is hilariously appropriate.

31 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

The aggys conveniently forget that little incident around 1990 when Harvey Schiller was running the SEC and wanted Texas to jump conferences. The A&M contingent went apeshit that Texas was going to leave and Deloss didn’t negotiate a deal to take A&M along. The ags cried like children to the state legislature and had the deal killed. The SEC instead took Arkansas.

Fast forward to Texas talking to the PAC about changing conferences. This time Deloss negotiates a deal with both Texas and aggy. And aggy cries like children because Deloss included them.

Fuck aggy. 

I still maintain they did for us what we could never achieve on our own in a thousand years.

The Constitutional Amendment for Divorce would never be possible if they had not left on their own.  We could never leave without them.  And thus the only entanglement that remains is their annual theft of our money.

atm-thx-4gtfo.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

But I think it proved some things to people. I never bought into the big brother syndrome stuff, but some people did. 

All I could think about while reading that:

I can handle things!

Image result for fredo i'm smart

aggy is like a high school student, who decides they no longer want to live at home with their parents, and believe they are mature enough to move out and live their own life....but, please continue to help with their rent, since I really can't survive without you.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

aggy is like a high school student, who decides they no longer want to live at home with their parents, and believe they are mature enough to move out and live their own life....but, please continue to help with their rent, since I really can't survive without you.

aggys are all talk about "independence" until the subject comes up about ending their status as a branch of The University of Texas. When that is mentioned it becomes "but, but we can't exist on our own because we don't have any money!"

Fuck aggy.

It would blow Leon’s little mind if he were to take an economics class. 

aggy’s pricing of 35,000 student tickets at the ridiculously low price that ensures tickets will be sold (he is crowing about ticket sales, not turnstile attendance) actually diminishes the aggy educational experience by not maximizing revenue to provide for the students who care enough to attend classes.

Heaven forbid anyone on the A&M campus prioritizes academics over cultural indoctrination or athletics. 

But hey, Leon, begging the legislature for additional funds because you don’t maximize existing resources is an aggy turdition.

The iron grip those rednecks maintain on perpetuating ignorance is utterly astounding.

Edited by Randolph Duke

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

It would blow Leon’s little mind if he were to take an economics class. 

aggy’s pricing of 35,000 student tickets at the ridiculously low price that ensures tickets will be sold (he is crowing about ticket sales, not turnstile attendance) actually diminishes the aggy educational experience by not maximizing revenue to provide for the students who care enough to attend classes.

Heaven forbid anyone on the A&M campus prioritizes academics over cultural indoctrination or athletics. 

But hey, Leon, begging the legislature for additional funds because you don’t maximize existing resources is an aggy turdition.

The iron grip those rednecks maintain on perpetuating ignorance is utterly astounding.

Please tweet that to Leon!  Please!!