Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

9 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Its a play and mix on what aggy calls Fisher, a “sitting national championship coach” and their new favorite term for themselves as a “national brand.” It was a fairly clever joke till it had to be explained. 

He's not sitting, he's just short.

• Like 4

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

19 hours ago, Drew said:

When I read that TexAgs post I honestly thought they were talking about the aggy fanbase...I thought it was going to be one of those rare moments of self awareness from one of their members...should have known better.

literally my first thought reading the TexAgs post was, "oh, he's committing death by moderator because he hates it there"

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Its a play and mix on what aggy calls Fisher, a “sitting national championship coach” and their new favorite term for themselves as a “national brand.” It was a fairly clever joke till it had to be explained. 

...from the outside you don't understand it and from the inside you can't explain it.

In other words, "aggy".

11 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

“Sitting national championship coach”

So that’s why he looks so short in all his photo ops?

• Like 1

The lack of self-awareness by those that attend A&M is astonishing.  But it's par for the course.  They are literally the most beta type of people I have ever encountered.  Will constantly talk shit about other people, but never another aggy, and go quiet when called out on their bullshit.  It's the aggy lifestyle.

32 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

The lack of self-awareness by those that attend A&M is astonishing.  But it's par for the course.  They are literally the most beta type of people I have ever encountered.  Will constantly talk shit about other people, but never another aggy, and go quiet when called out on their bullshit.  It's the aggy lifestyle.

When called out on their bullshit, they usually first double down on the bullshit ("but we were only a small military school who alone won WWII"), then they play the victim ("I can't believe you hate us so, you snooty people have always fought to "keep the sleeping giant at bay.").

Then, they go quiet.

And if you continue calling them out on their bullshit, they start sending anonymous death threats and threatening physical violence against you. They are almost animatronic regarding how they react to people calling them out on their bullshit.

But yes, their complete lack of self-awareness (and critical thinking), is indicative both of the poor quality of the aggy "educational experience" and utterly astonishing.

RD, haven't you done some research on their spurious claims to some of the CMOH awards from people loosely affiliated with aggy?  It's not mentioned on aggypedia.

The most egregious one is the claim to Carswell.  He attended aggy for one year, transferred to and graduated from TCU, played varsity baseball and football for TCU (with Sammy Baugh) was a proud TCU alum, and I seem to recall never accepted any affiliation with aggy during his lifetime.  Yet they disgustingly trot him out there as if he's one of theirs.  Are any of their other claimed CMOH ties suspect? 

1 hour ago, nnm said:

RD, haven't you done some research on their spurious claims to some of the CMOH awards from people loosely affiliated with aggy?  It's not mentioned on aggypedia.

The most egregious one is the claim to Carswell.  He attended aggy for one year, transferred to and graduated from TCU, played varsity baseball and football for TCU (with Sammy Baugh) was a proud TCU alum, and I seem to recall never accepted any affiliation with aggy during his lifetime.  Yet they disgustingly trot him out there as if he's one of theirs.  Are any of their other claimed CMOH ties suspect? 

Carswell didn't attend aggy for one year. He barely attended for a semester. He didn't even last long enough for them to have captured his portrait for the school yearbook.

Carswell left A&M after less than a semester, returned to Ft. Worth, spent 4 yrs at TCU, and graduated as a member of the TCU class of 1939. The aggys claim his as a member of the A&M class of 1938 (although I can find no aggy claim of association with Carswell between the time he left A&M and his being awarded the MOH. In other words, Carswell meant nothing to the aggys until they could cheapen his memory and sacrifice by using his status as a MOH recipient as a marketing gimmick for Texas A&M).

Shortly after Carswell's death, the letter he had written to be delivered to his wife, in case of his death, was released to the public. In it, he spoke of his love for TCU, and how important his TCU experiences had been in making who he was as an individual. Not a word about Texas A&M.

A few years ago, James Woodall, writing one of the self-centered A&M "military history" books, sent letter after letter to Carwsell's son, Robert Ede Carswell. Carswell refused each and every attempt of Texas A&M to contact him. Obviously, he wanted nothing to do with Texas A&M.

The aggys continue to use Horace Carswell as a marketing gimmick, implicitly claiming association with Texas A&M was material to his life, or his accomplishments. Obviously, that belief is not shared outside of the cult of aggy.

large.372626962_tcucarswellleter.jpeg.60788a7e645a6e51660fd5588a557a92.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nnm said:

It's kind of like all of those national championships and conference championships they claim.  They are like those North Korean generals with all of those medals on their chests, and they were too young to have fought in the Korean War.  It's all make believe.

Edited by Big Frog II

10 minutes ago, Big Frog II said:

It's kind of like all of those national championships and conference championships they claim.  They are like those North Korean generals with all of those medals on their chests, and they were too young to have fought in the Korean War.  It's all make believe.

It's aggy culture. Let's look at the list of the "traditions" they have lied about:

Not a branch of UT

Founded as a military school

More officers during WWII than USMA and USNA combined

"alumni" MOH recipients

12th Man origins

Yell leader origins

"national championships"

Need I go on?

The aggy culture is inherently dishonest, with both themselves and others.

Edited by Randolph Duke

22 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

He went from "Kellen Mond will win the Heisman" to "will be in contention for the Heisman" in a fraction of a second.  If he ponders it a few more minutes, I wonder what it will be downgraded to.

... competing to be the starting qb.

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

This mouth breather with a Eagle's shirt has fantastic inside sources of information. His source was after all, apparently aggy of the year, whatever that means. Clearly lovely rita the meter maid is the type of go to connection every Philadelphia native wishes they had.

Out of rep. I owe you a soda and lime. 

7 hours ago, nnm said:

The most egregious one is the claim to Carswell.  He attended aggy for one year, transferred to and graduated from TCU, played varsity baseball and football for TCU (with Sammy Baugh) was a proud TCU alum, and I seem to recall never accepted any affiliation with aggy during his lifetime.  

However, he became a very vocal.and proud red-ass posthumously.

Couldn't resist moseying over to see what they think, there's some good ones here 'We're Overrated in the Coaches Poll"  https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3048751 

I want Jimbo to address this at his on-field natty celebration interview.
Guess it depends if you rank based on the quality of the team or try to predict the final record.. If your ranking is to try to predict our final win lose record we may be overranked.. 

We could indeed have 3 loses, but be favored to beat most 1 and two loss teams.
CoachLB

If you make this list of over-rated and leave off a four loss Texas who is replacing 8 defensive starters. Then I do not know about your list. If you are looking at schedule only and the fact they could be average and win 9 or 10 Then OK. If you are truly looking at "best" teams then No.

It’s really disappointing to see the quality of writing that passes for journalism these days. It’s pretty obvious that nobody even bothers to proof read anything these days and they simply rely on spell check to catch mistakes. Errors that even a quick read through would reveal end up in the final product. I imagine that it was the same in the years leading up to the fall of the Roman Empire.

This post is in response to reading the article that the tweet about the top football coaching jobs was about. I don’t care how smart you are, if you can’t write any better than that you should take a remedial English class at your local community college.

On 8/1/2019 at 7:05 PM, LTtxfan said:

Poor aggy... not even a Top 10 ranked best cfb job

(Texas #3, Bama #1, tOSU #2)

because it's not. it's just not. it pays like a Top 5 job-- it always has, going back 40 years, but it performs like a Top 30 job at best. that's why A&M teams don't end their seasons with BCS/NY6 bowl wins, ranked in the Top Ten, etc, in their conference championship game, etc. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent

On 8/1/2019 at 7:30 PM, ztejas said:

Couldn't resist moseying over to see what they think, there's some good ones here 'We're Overrated in the Coaches Poll"  https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3048751 

That CoachLB guy is special. I believe he is a middle school coordinator and talks like he’s the authority on football. 

One of the things I'm most looking forward to this season is texags right after LSU stomps the ass off of aggy.

"Sips only beat LSU because Big 12 refs gave them all the calls."

"LSU is much better than they were two months ago.  They'd destroy the sips in a rematch."

"Sips never would have won that game if it was in Death Valley."

"If only we'd finished the drive that stalled at midfield and hadn't thrown that pick in the red zone, we'd only have lost by 10 instead of 24.  That's respectable.  Sips couldn't get that close at LSU."

"We'd have gone 12-0 in the Big 12.  Maybe 11-1 if OU had upset us at their place or something.  But we'd be in the CCG.  But I'm more proud of going 8-4 in the SEC anyway."

• Like 8