• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

15 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Reading through the coaches survey in Dave Campbell’s Texas Football. Guess who the majority of high school coaches don’t trust.

It would be interesting to know what percentage of the coaches polled were Aggies. You know they rubbed their rings as they unanimously selected Herman to stick it to tu. You can figure that alumni from other universities answered honestly.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Hell, nobody knows any of those coaches from #3 on down.

What the fuck are you talking about? Speak for yourself man, a good chunk of the rest of us are actually fans of college football as a whole and can tie our own shoes, count to 10, and recite the alphabet to boot. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

The Aggies are the new Juggernaut that will stop Alabama and Clemson (at least in the regular season). They get it done this year and it will be a legendary year for their football program. I am sorry LSU fans but this one will hurt.

Too bad they'll lose to Miss St. and Auburn again, causing the SEC to get shut out of the playoffs. Great job aTm, you ruined it for everyone.

Say what? Texas am will lose 4 games this season. So, more average football, despite the insane contract and money that the aggies are pumping into their program. I would agree with you, if it were as simple as just purchasing an sec title, much less a national title, but that's just not how this works, lol. I give jimbo 1 more season after this one until a&m realizes what a huge blunder they made extending such an asinine contract for a coach that has only won 1 natty, and that was only because Jameis Winston was a once in a generation type talent, much like cam newton was. Even with that being said, Texas am is no Florida state. The sec is much tougher than the acc, and the sec west has 3 programs that are better than a&m is...programs that jimbo and the aggies have to deal with every season just to reach atl. Texas am is miss st with more money, plain and simple. They're an average football program that tries to buy their way into the category of the big 6 in the sec, and theyre simply not. This is going to be fun to watch them crash and burn and come to the realization that they're still the same ole a&m, and still the lil bro in Texas. It's gonna be epic.

A&M will beat Alabama, Clemson, LSU and Georgia. I'm sorry this bothers you.

/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png" />

if you read that like it's one person posting, it sort of fits the kind of middle-aged slapdick that posts those kinds of "no, really, here is my SERIOUS ANALYSIS-- wait, what's a hot take?" hot takes on internet msg boards

21 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Reading through the coaches survey in Dave Campbell’s Texas Football. Guess who the majority of high school coaches don’t trust.

Poor Matt Wells, he has not even coached a game yet and already Rape U is more trusted.

Edited by Valmy77

The sec is much tougher than the acc, and the sec west has 3 programs that are better than a&m is...programs that jimbo and the aggies have to deal with every season just to reach atl. Texas am is miss st with more money, plain and simple. They're an average football program that tries to buy their way into the category of the big 6 in the sec, and theyre simply not. This is going to be fun to watch them crash and burn and come to the realization that they're still the same ole a&m, and still the lil bro in Texas. It's gonna be epic.

aggy wasn't even the 4th best in the Big 12. Most years, they were behind OU, UT, & NU while struggling with Tech. Their best team - 2012 - was built to compete in our league, too.

whoop!

8 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

aggy wasn't even the 4th best in the Big 12. Most years, they were behind OU, UT, & NU while struggling with Tech.

Truth.  aggy went 68-61 (.527) in conference play during their time in the Big 12 (including a shitty 19-22 conference record over their last five years), and didn't participate in the Big 12 CG at any time after 1998 until they ran away like scared little bitches after the 2011 season.  They were mediocre in the Big 12, and they've been mediocre for the most part in the secsecsec.

They suck.  They always have sucked.  And they always will suck.  

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Truth.  aggy went 68-61 (.527) in conference play during their time in the Big 12 (including a shitty 19-22 conference record over their last five years), and didn't participate in the Big 12 CG at any time after 1998 until they ran away like scared little bitches after the 2011 season.  They were mediocre in the Big 12, and they've been mediocre for the most part in the secsecsec.

They suck.  They always have sucked.  And they always will suck.  

17 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

And when they don't suck they choke. 

Dey da king of suk...

• Like 1

wtf is that guy in the white jacket and visor doing there?  Whatever it is, it could be more geeky.

Thank you. The first time I noticed that idiot was the last time I watched the goofy pimp walk. Every time that gif pops up, I try and figure out what in the wide wide world of sports he’s doing, and why he thinks it’s cool. I hate that guy, yet have no idea who he is, but he’s ruined that moment for me forever.

Can’t hardly listen to Sirius CFB channel 84 in the morning driving to work. Those guys (especially Greg McElroy) never pass up a chance to mention the sleeping giant a&m. 

This morning he was talking them up as being the closest to being elite because they are the only ones that are right up there with Bama & Georgia in recruiting since Jimbo got there.  Elite athletes everywhere, great coaching, second-to-none facilities, best recruiting, etc....

The other host did bring him down a notch, but seems like there is definitely an agenda to push the make aggy great again narrative. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Can’t hardly listen to Sirius CFB channel 84 in the morning driving to work. Those guys (especially Greg McElroy) never pass up a chance to mention the sleeping giant a&m. 

This morning he was talking them up as being the closest to being elite because they are the only ones that are right up there with Bama & Georgia in recruiting since Jimbo got there.  Elite athletes everywhere, great coaching, second-to-none facilities, best recruiting, etc....

The other host did bring him down a notch, but seems like there is definitely an agenda to push the make aggy great again narrative. 

McElroy says nothing but clichés. He's terrible. 

9 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

I was listening as well, the segment just before 8A. It makes it more fun if you listen to Greg slurping up Jimbo with a smile on your face.  

slow-motion-rollercoaster.gif

2 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I was listening as well, the segment just before 8A. It makes it more fun if you listen to Greg slurping up Jimbo with a smile on your face.  

My display said something about breakout Pac12 teams when I turned on the truck, but the entire commute was aggy aggy aggy. 

Guess Greg is salty the Mack didn’t recruit him. Hell, he should love Texas. A dumbass option playcall gifted his sorry ass a national championship. 

17 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

You keep paying the bills by telling aggy what they want to hear. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

this comment will probably get nuked off The All-American's site, but Mandel's mailbag this week was so gleefully "LET'S TALK AGGIE FOOTBALL" that I couldn't resist. This is me being nice.

"Also, it just so happens The Athletic launched its content-sharing partnership with TexAgs this week"

Thus my cancelled subscription, which runs out in a few days. You should be embarrassed to diminish The All-American's credibility by partnering with a site that exists to *promote* Texas A&M, not report on it. You hire actual, grownup journalists to report on your other beats and then treat A&M's beat like it's open mic night: "go ahead, Ags, tell us all about yourselves".

Aligning with a site like that is completely contradictory to what you claimed were the reasons for The All-American launching in the first place, the reasons that encouraged me to subscribe. It feels like a classic bait-and-switch; "oh wait, maybe we DO want to be SBNation". I can't take seriously the journalism of a publication or editor-in-chief who's interested in this kind of charade. You're either a journalist OR you're willing to lie down with dogs in order to wake up with their Internet-traffic fleas. I'm tremendously disappointed in you.

Texags-- its staff, its subscribers, its message board-- has a reputation that would humiliate anyone but an Aggie. You either knew that and didn't care, or decided to perform an appalling lack of due diligence (doubtful), or were absolutely snowed by the dishonest rah-rah superfans that run Texags (bingo). And now your site's name and credibility are linked to it.

Good bye, and good luck.

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EZ$ said:

Guess Greg is salty the Mack didn’t recruit him.

interesting question, has anyone ever heard of a kid who hated Texas A&M because it didn't recruit him?

like we get stories all the time, and always have, about kids Texas didn't want or wanted to position-switch, guys that are described as diehard Longhorns who don't get recruited and just want to GIT REVENGE on big bad ol Texas for being so mean to them... 

...but I don't ever remember hearing a single "spurned by A&M" story in the 35 years I've been aware of their miserable existence

• Like 3

On 8/5/2019 at 10:57 AM, ztejas said:

The difference in volume between 2:20 and 2:26 is just palpable. Like a kick to the genitals of 100,000 fans all at once. 

The best part of all of these videos is how quickly it goes from deafening to silence.  Like, as soon as Tucker kicked it.  It's almost as if everyone in the stadium knew it was going to be good.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

this comment will probably get nuked off The All-American's site, but Mandel's mailbag this week was so gleefully "LET'S TALK AGGIE FOOTBALL" that I couldn't resist. This is me being nice.

"Also, it just so happens The Athletic launched its content-sharing partnership with TexAgs this week"

Thus my cancelled subscription, which runs out in a few days. You should be embarrassed to diminish The All-American's credibility by partnering with a site that exists to *promote* Texas A&M, not report on it. You hire actual, grownup journalists to report on your other beats and then treat A&M's beat like it's open mic night: "go ahead, Ags, tell us all about yourselves".

Aligning with a site like that is completely contradictory to what you claimed were the reasons for The All-American launching in the first place, the reasons that encouraged me to subscribe. It feels like a classic bait-and-switch; "oh wait, maybe we DO want to be SBNation". I can't take seriously the journalism of a publication or editor-in-chief who's interested in this kind of charade. You're either a journalist OR you're willing to lie down with dogs in order to wake up with their Internet-traffic fleas. I'm tremendously disappointed in you.

Texags-- its staff, its subscribers, its message board-- has a reputation that would humiliate anyone but an Aggie. You either knew that and didn't care, or decided to perform an appalling lack of due diligence (doubtful), or were absolutely snowed by the dishonest rah-rah superfans that run Texags (bingo). And now your site's name and credibility are linked to it.

Good bye, and good luck.

This is fantastic.  I hope you get a response and share.

51 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

This is fantastic.  I hope you get a response and share.

Sure. If he reaches out in a direct way-- if I get an email or an email notification he's responded to the comment-- I will share. I am not going to F5 it and wade through all of the brave Aggie flames I'm certain to get in response.