Better Call Saul- returns August 6th

Goo Punch

It’s not about disagreeing. Its about unnecessarily dwelling on the fact that there is a disagreement and insulting those who do. You have a different take. Great. State it and move on rather than trying to make the rest of as miserable as you.

It’s a fucking TV show.

God dammit.

I’ve said my piece. Get in your last word if you must and let’s get back to the show.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

I thought the episode sans construction was amazing. Love the growing apart montage. It's brilliant tv. And it culminated in jimmy going full DB and embarrassing Kim (I think on purpose) bc he's still bitter that she doesn't want to office with him anymore.

Also Gus' mussel sauce looked amazing.

The opening was great. Earlier in this thread people wondered how they'd move the timeline along. Well, they did so gracefully, in about 5 minutes, while also providing us with the setup for the episode. They're certainly growing apart, but it's not like it's a relationship that's going to wither away and die. It definitely seems that it's building up to some catastrophic moment.

Rhea Seehorn is such a great actress. The way she reacts when the prosecutor described her boyfriend as a deadbeat selling drop phones, or whatever, was great. Last time she negotiated she was a rock. This time she was ever so slightly rattled. She's going to be hearing those words in her sleep at night.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Lurch said:

It’s not about disagreeing. Its about unnecessarily dwelling on the fact that there is a disagreement and insulting those who do. You have a different take. Great. State it and move on rather than trying to make the rest of as miserable as you.

It’s a fucking TV show.

God dammit.

I’ve said my piece. Get in your last word if you must and let’s get back to the show.

clearly i don't need to try to make you miserable. perhaps take into consideration whether anything i've said in this thread really warranted such a dramatic response. 

Edited by Goo Punch

here's what i don't get- if we were sitting around talking about the show in person, would you be sitting in your chair a few feet from me just fuming because i contend that what we're seeing now doesn't hold up to the best from the bb universe? i can only speak if i loved the show, otherwise you'll just lose it? that's how you'd react if this were a real life flowing conversation? i don't think so.

i was reading the same ehlinger thread a little while ago and someone described his play against usc as "phenomenal". then other people came in and said, "no, i don't think he was phenomenal in that game." now i'm in this thread where people are claiming this was some outstanding piece of television, and i'm not allowed to say, "no, i don't think it was"? That's derka'd? That's what's got you huffing and puffing and crying about the thread being ruined? why can't you respond with why you think this episode was so great? or just silently disagree and move on? 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Fuck You 2

32 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

here's what i don't get- if we were sitting around talking about the show in person, would you be sitting in your chair a few feet from me just fuming because i contend that what we're seeing now doesn't hold up to the best from the bb universe? i can only speak if i loved the show, otherwise you'll just lose it? that's how you'd react if this were a real life flowing conversation? i don't think so.

i was reading the same ehlinger thread a little while ago and someone described his play against usc as "phenomenal". then other people came in and said, "no, i don't think he was phenomenal in that game." now i'm in this thread where people are claiming this was some outstanding piece of television, and i'm not allowed to say, "no, i don't think it was"? That's derka'd? That's what's got you huffing and puffing and crying about the thread being ruined? why can't you respond with why you think this episode was so great? or just silently disagree and move on? 

FUCKING LET IT GO JESUS.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, TornACL said:

FUCKING LET IT GO JESUS.

no. you're the ones making the huge deal out of it and i don't get it at all. quit acting like a 13 year old girl with the over the top dramatics and explain to me why my absolutely benign responses are causing you to freak out. if you can point out something that i'm not seeing and make some sense of your reaction then you can help prevent these epic meltdowns in the future. losing your shit and acting like a child only doubles down the whatever perceived derka'ing is taking place. explain it to me. 

Edited by Goo Punch

3 hours ago, Lurch said:

It’s a fucking TV show.

God dammit.

Did anyone else read this in Jonathan Banks' voice?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

I have to believe that the ADA's commentary sent Kim over the edge to Jimmy's approach.  I'm going to guess it somehow will be used to take down the undercover cop.

I was thinking it might have something to do with bribery with the mention earlier of bribery and the ADA's paltry pay.  I just don't see Wexler doing something like that.

Like DDD says, it probably involves actually taking the case to trial and making the ADA or cop look like idiots.

8 hours ago, PilotsError said:

What do we think her play is with all the office supplies?

She's about to activate the race card. Those other guys that Kim mentioned that assaulted cops and got off lightly sounded white. So I think she's going to organise a protest over Huell, a black man, facing a much longer sentence to put pressure on the court to let him off. Hence the coloured markers for making signs. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bort said:

She's about to activate the race card. Those other guys that Kim mentioned that assaulted cops and got off lightly sounded white. So I think she's going to organise a protest over Huell, a black man, facing a much longer sentence to put pressure on the court to let him off. Hence the coloured markers for making signs. 

Damn,  that's pretty good.

I feel like I’m the only one who really enjoys the German bunker building storyline. Probably because it’s the most direct tie to BB right now (other than Gus/Salamanca) and I think it’s well done. 

All that being said, if they have an episode about a fly in the Germans’ “home” warehouse, I’ll have a problem...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

All of the time constructing the meth factory and the Germans' misery with the endless isolation seems to parallel Walter White's drudgery in the same location years later.  Maybe that is what they were going for.

Deleted. I need to learn to read the whole thread

Edited by VivaNaranja

For those who didn't like Burl Ives singing Big Rock Candy Mountain, after thinking about it, it was perfect.  BRCM is about Hobos in the 1890s searching for a place that was heaven on earth, and from which the cops would not chase them away.  If they found it they had it made.  As I see it, the Lab is Gus's BRCM.  When he finishes it, and gets Gale working, he will have the best product out there, be free of the cartel, and no one will be able to chase him away.

But the Burl Ives version doesn't include the original last verse, which laments that BRCM doesn't really exist.

The punk rolled up his big blue eyes
And said to the jocker, "Sandy,
I've hiked and hiked and wandered too,
But I ain't seen any candy.
I've hiked and hiked till my feet are sore
And I'll be damned if I hike any more
To be buggered sore like a hobo's whore
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

And we all know what happened to Gus and the Lab when he found Walt had a better product, and brought him in to teach Gale.

• Like 2

i loved the Burl Ives song, i thought it was perfect.  whenever they do a music montage using a seemingly unrelated song it's usually genius, especially when it's a pithy little tune being played during a very tense or violent situation...

Edited by Mileslong
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was under the impression the excavation workers would only show up to the laundry center once the laundry workers went home for the night and then leave early in the morning.   Attempt to keep the laundry workers in the dark as much as possible as to something going on.

the workers there are illegal aliens who are incentivized to not see or hear anything suspicious. there isn't a worker there who even wants to know what's going on. afer all they're going to be cooking meth there during business hours as well. 

Edited by Goo Punch

I have been torn on that topic since breaking bad    Where those laundry workers scared undocumented’s  where those laundry workers scared undocumenteds  that wouldn’t dare bring up anything they saw for fear of deportation or worse at the hands of gus 

But Gus being as meticulous as he is ,  why have 50 illegals in plain sight of your distributors, vendors, inspectors, code checkers, and possibly ICE, et al.  If they’re working on top of that kind of asset?   We know from breaking bad the lab was very well hidden   But somebody might break under questioning   Or some building inspector may just noticed the floor sounds different when he walks from one area to another 

Watch the opening scene again with Kim dropping Jimmy off at the bus station.  The same African American gentlemen in the same yellow garment walks past them twice, in the same direction.