2019 OT Javonne Shepherd

Machinator

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

So I might be a bit behind, but is the "J" silent?  Is it pronounced "Havonne" Shephard? 

WTF?

41 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

If the "J" were silent, it wouldn't be pronounced "Havonne."

IJS

THIS!

If the "J" were silent, it would be pronounced "Avonne".

If the "J" were like in Spanish, it would be pronounced "Havonne".

Now, I'm glad that he signed with the good guys and we'll wait for him to say his name on a video so that we will know* how his name is pronounced.

*The "k" is silent in "know"... THAT is how a "silent letter is 'pronounced'."

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

What exactly would he be accomplishing? He wasn't going to play as a freshman anywhere, now he will not be able to play as a RS Fr.

He could play next year.  Unless he transfers in conference then I think he would have to sit next year.

7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

What exactly would he be accomplishing? He wasn't going to play as a freshman anywhere, now he will not be able to play as a RS Fr.

He would be starting at Aggy. Just like his BFF Kenyon Green and he could've done it without all the work to reshape his body. Now it's true that Kenyon has been terrible but he is starting. 

Edited by golfclap

14 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

I remember Butch Hadnot as the only UT player to leave and transfer to aggy.  That really worked out well for Butch.  He may be doing OK now, but after his aggy career ended, he was flipping hamburgers at the McDonalds in Jasper.  Best of luck  Javonne.  

never attended or played for A&M, so not sure what "aggy career" you are referring to

• Like 1