Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

1 minute ago, Thujone said:

It's not obscure at all if you were on Shaggy when it all went down. There was an MS Paint if I recall. Because back then I did an MS Paint about everything.

Love your MS Paints. My surly/shag browsing does not go back that far. Thanks (no sarcasm).

It's not obscure at all if you were on Shaggy when it all went down. There was an MS Paint if I recall. Because back then I did an MS Paint about everything.

I was in San Fran a couple of years after that hanging out with @Jive Turkey and met the old man. He was hanging out on a bar patio in a bathrobe.
1d3af96ff9235ea0834349f0e2513acb.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 11:51 PM, nnm said:

Not really.  It leads to an “Amber Lamps” know your meme. To understand that, one has to do some digging. Good old  Wikipedia (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_Transit_Bus_fight#Amber_Lamps_meme) leads to the discovery that the young woman in the picture came to be called (by the internet) “Amber Lamps,” because she was sitting on a bus in LA, ignoring a fight between two other bus riders. One guy (wearing a t-shirt that said “I AM a motherf’r” (spelled out)) apparently beat down the other guy.

The guy who got beat down asked for an “amberlamps,” an alternative pronunciation of ambulance. The fight was videoed (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5q_5vIbsI3A) and the video went viral. “Amber Lamps” came to be the appellation for a young woman in the video who was sitting on another seat, ignoring the fight. 

And I didn’t LOL. I guess the OP thinks the original video is funny, so thought the still of the woman was funny. Pretty obscure, but whatever. 

That’s 10 minutes of my life I’ll never get back. 

Thanks for saving me the time and disappointment.

On 4/29/2020 at 11:51 PM, nnm said:

Not really.  It leads to an “Amber Lamps” know your meme. To understand that, one has to do some digging. Good old  Wikipedia (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_Transit_Bus_fight#Amber_Lamps_meme) leads to the discovery that the young woman in the picture came to be called (by the internet) “Amber Lamps,” because she was sitting on a bus in LA, ignoring a fight between two other bus riders. One guy (wearing a t-shirt that said “I AM a motherf’r” (spelled out)) apparently beat down the other guy.

The guy who got beat down asked for an “amberlamps,” an alternative pronunciation of ambulance. The fight was videoed (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5q_5vIbsI3A) and the video went viral. “Amber Lamps” came to be the appellation for a young woman in the video who was sitting on another seat, ignoring the fight. 

And I didn’t LOL. I guess the OP thinks the original video is funny, so thought the still of the woman was funny. Pretty obscure, but whatever. 

That’s 10 minutes of my life I’ll never get back. 

confused the lord of the rings GIF

• Like 2

I was in San Fran a couple of years after that hanging out with @Jive Turkey and met the old man. He was hanging out on a bar patio in a bathrobe.
1d3af96ff9235ea0834349f0e2513acb.jpg

There is a YouTube documentary about this guy and it’s exactly what you would expect. Dude has some issues for sure but he put a quick beat down on the guy who’s was leakin’

6 hours ago, futureman said:

if cus had lived another 10 years mike is the best ever, undisputed. 

You're right sir, and it would be by a wide, wide margin.

To think that he's 53(?) years old and moving and hitting like that is amazing.

Edited by SHOOTER12

His "lift" is very controversial in the strength community. It wasn't at an event sanctioned by any of the bodies, not in a contest. Just him at a gym. A great feat for sure, but didn't break any records they say.

I tend to agree. Not much different than me bragging to my gym bro's about my bench session last night.

4 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Not much different than me bragging to my gym bro's about my bench session last night.

it seems quite a bit different, actually.  his lift was filmed and watched by thousands of people, eventually millions.  you, on the other hand, did not film yourself benching 135 last night, and consequently nobody saw it.  

very different. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1