An 'Office Space' Retrospective With Mike Judge

Dutchrudder

No fucking way it’s 20 years old. That means I was 16 when it came out. How could I love it so much when I had no idea of office work? It’s somehow brilliant even for those who can’t directly relate. It’s an all time favorite for me.

We are the same age. Although I didn't hear about Office Space until 2000 or so. And I didn't watch it until '02 or '03. It's in my top 5 for sure.

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Went to an Alamo Drafthouse showing at the old Colorado Street location one night. Midway through the movie, they brought a printer out, and let you take swings at it with a baseball bat. 

They would do that for corporate events. My firm rented out the Drafthouse one afternoon and our staff got to unload on a printer.  Some of the older secretaries got a little red-faced at the "O face" line.

I saw an interview with Judge awhile back where he was saying that during filming, he didn’t know if Gary Cole thought the Lumbergh character would be funny. Then they were filming the fantasy scene where he’s fucking Anniston. They were about to start shooting and Judge handed Cole his coffee mug, and Cole just lost it. “Of course, he’s got his coffee mug”.

An absolute classic.  Love the origin of "assclown".  At the time, it was pretty much an unknown phrase -- now, it's just part of the lexicon.

It's amazing how many small but mighty films have close ties to Austin and Austin directors.

Tom Herman is a no-talent ass clown.

Why should I change my name? He's the one who sucks.

On 9/6/2018 at 6:10 PM, Deej said:

Went to an Alamo Drafthouse showing at the old Colorado Street location one night. Midway through the movie, they brought a printer out, and let you take swings at it with a baseball bat. 

We did this like a month ago at Lakeline as a fundraiser for the Humane Society.

I met him once.  I was working at Circuit City at the time, and he drew a Beavis head for me.  They filmed a scene with them picking out a big screen.

I was a big fan of Ghetto Boys before then, they became bigger after that.

I used "the O face" line and multiple others in the past.