Avengers 4 - *Insert Preferred Title Here*

Viper

4 minutes ago, ajax said:

You people are nuts.

I think I'm gonna wait a week. Should be less insane at the theater. I don't know about y'all but my local theater (in Walnut Creek CA) gets hella grungy when there's a lot of people.

They all wear flannel and baggy jeans?

I'd say it'd top The Force Awakens for opening Weekend sales...but the run time is going to hurt it.  It'll do at least what The Last Jedi did I bet...so about 220 mil by the end of opening weekend(which I believe will include all pre bought tickets).

11 hours ago, mdmost said:

If you're having trouble getting through on the Alamo's site and app, you can buy tickets for the Alamo through Fandango. Got in before 7am and got 2 for opening night but the times suck and for some reason all the good times were in their tiniest theaters. 3 hours, 2 minutes run time. 

Yeah... Richardson showings were all in the small shitty theaters.  I opted for 5:30 on Friday.  

12 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Titanic was 3 hours. People went to see it lots of times. And it was slow and boring, and everyone knew before the first viewing that the boat would sink. 

things were a bit different from an entertainment perspective back then.

but i agree with the premise that the length of endgame is not going to be a deal breaker.

20 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Titanic was 3 hours. People went to see it lots of times. And it was slow and boring, and everyone knew before the first viewing that the boat would sink. 

Yeah, but TONS of repeat viewings, especially from the Women's...and we're talking opening week, not the total amount it makes(and this has a good chance of beating Titanic IMO) 

8 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

things were a bit different from an entertainment perspective back then.

but i agree with the premise that the length of endgame is not going to be a deal breaker.

It won't be a deal breaker, the issue is the amount of showing.  On Thursday night there are TONS of showing, some starting very quickly after the other.  I noticed on Friday the amount of showings at the same/similar times slows down quite a bit.  Same thing with TFA.

It'll make a shit load, and it's very possible that it tops Infinity War as the biggest opening ever(257 mil opening weekend?  I remember when Spiderman busted 100 mil and people lost their minds 19 years ago).  But there is a chance that it falls short based on the actual amount of showing each theatre can have.  It's crazy how a 2.5 hour movie can be shown just that much more than a 3 Hour movie. 

On 4/2/2019 at 12:33 PM, Sejjr said:

Just got tickets for the Cinerama Dome Hollywood on opening Saturday. 

love the dome, but i think it's all 3d up in there.  arclight ticket sales crashed that morning, so i slid into the 8pm thurs night at the grove.  amc was also having issues.  pacific was the key.

On 4/2/2019 at 7:49 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Spolier that shit, dude!

19 hours ago, Drew said:

Yeah, but TONS of repeat viewings, especially from the Women's...and we're talking opening week, not the total amount it makes(and this has a good chance of beating Titanic IMO) 

Especially from the Women's what?

• Like 1

There’s no advance tickets for my theater as far as I can tell. 

Can’t say I’m surprised. In November we were at a movie and afterwards I asked if they would be putting Mary poppins returns in the luxury seat theater, and the answer was we don’t know the owner hasn’t bought the rights to show it yet. This was like the weekend before the movie opened. 

You people are nuts.
I think I'm gonna wait a week. Should be less insane at the theater. I don't know about y'all but my local theater (in Walnut Creek CA) gets hella grungy when there's a lot of people.

What? You’re don’t go to the Blackhawk theater in Danville?

7 hours ago, YChang said:

What? You’re don’t go to the Blackhawk theater in Danville?

Blackhawk is definitely cleaner but it's dead. There's barely anything there and what is there closes early. Me and the family like the various restaurants and ice cream places in WC.

On 4/2/2019 at 1:30 PM, ajax said:

You people are nuts.

Never really had a problem with that at the Alamo. 

I could see it being an issue at... say... the Northcross 6.  

In 1982...

On 4/2/2019 at 1:30 PM, ajax said:

You people are nuts.

Downtown? I've only been there for 9pm or later times. Prefer the one in pleasant hill. 

Just caught a trailer of this at the theater. I assume it’s one that I’ve seen from this thread, but something caught my attention (which may also have been posted here already). 

It shows them living their lives after the dusting, then coming together to give it a go. You hear several of them say “whatever it takes.”  I got to thinking that the ones that say that are the ones that die.  But I don’t recall who all said it and if any of them are slated to be in phase 2 movies. 

Saw the latest clip that explains where Captain Marvel was for 20 years. She's so smug I think it's going to annoy me the whole movie. I wish they would have picked someone else to play her. I watched Captain Marvel this past weekend and felt like her performance was on par with Hayden Christiansen in the Star Wars prequels.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:19 PM, Horny04 said:

Saw the latest clip that explains where Captain Marvel was for 20 years. She's so smug I think it's going to annoy me the whole movie. I wish they would have picked someone else to play her. I watched Captain Marvel this past weekend and felt like her performance was on par with Hayden Christiansen in the Star Wars prequels.

I mean I would go that far...far cry from Anakin in Episodes 2/3 and Her.