Vince arrested DWI

ToY

5 minutes ago, Bob Lives! said:

Maybe not, but "Longhorn Nation, I need a ride," would surely do the trick.  I'd pick his ass up. 

For sure. It would just take a lot of patience and intelligent risk balancing from an intoxicated person.

Even something as easy as Uber can seem like a burden when you've had a few. "Seven minutes?! Fuck that, I'm fine, I'll just drive."

Like Vic said, for some, the decision to not drink and drive has to come before you leave your house.

17 minutes ago, Deej said:

Drinking or not, he was black driving at 4:00 in the morning. Likely going to get pulled over no matter what. Even more reason not to have a few and get behind the wheel. 

The cops have probably stopped him drunk more than the two D dubs he's collected, they love Vince, they don't want to nail him. I don't think Austin PD is targeting black people at all.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I am not here to defend what he did but first of all he has not been convicted of anything with this latest ... uh .. mistake...and second how many of you assholes have driven after having a few drinks and just not been pulled over? (yes a few drinks will get you a DWI arrest)

My guess is most of you, me included.

Does not mean he needs to go to fucking rehab. 

I certainly do not condone what he did and think he is more of a dumb ass than a habitual drinking alcoholic.

So quit throwing stones or you windows will be compromised.

Well, he blew a .246 the first time around. Three fucking times the legal limit is a tad bit more than "a few drinks".

So I guess we'll soon find out if he again had just "a few drinks" before getting a DWI for the second time in three years.

Maybe he'll kill someone on his third go-round and then he'll meet your qualifications for alcoholism?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Deej said:

Drinking or not, he was black driving at 4:00 in the morning. Likely going to get pulled over no matter what. Even more reason not to have a few and get behind the wheel. 

He was sitting in the left lane with his hazards on at 4am but you went with being “black.”

Solid breakdown dickhead.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

He was sitting in the left lane with his hazards on at 4am but you went with being “black.”

Solid breakdown dickhead.

Like the last time it happened and they followed him halfway up 35 until they found a reason to pull him over.

And all I was saying is that Whitey McCop is going to being a bit more apt to look for a reason, so don't fucking give them one. I wasn't saying VY didn't fuck up, dickhead. 

Edited by Deej

6 minutes ago, Deej said:

Like the last time it happened and they followed him halfway up 35 until they found a reason to pull him over.

And all I was saying is that Whitey McCop is going to being a bit more apt to look for a reason, so don't fucking give them one. I wasn't saying VY didn't fuck up, dickhead. 

• Like 1

The cops have probably stopped him drunk more than the two D dubs he's collected, they love Vince, they don't want to nail him. I don't think Austin PD is targeting black people at all.
I guarantee Austin PD isn't targeting black people...

in Ft. Bend County.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I am not here to defend what he did but first of all he has not been convicted of anything with this latest ... uh .. mistake...and second how many of you assholes have driven after having a few drinks and just not been pulled over? (yes a few drinks will get you a DWI arrest)

I certainly do not condone what he did and think he is more of a dumb ass than a habitual drinking alcoholic.

He's already been convicted once. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore.

1 hour ago, Deej said:

This is such a stupid take. Has no business being posted. Quit with this bullshit. 

On anither note it truly truly breaks my heart to see this downfall and dumb decisions. I know he’s made dumb ones before. But time and maturationshould correct some of this. Cmon VY clean this up 

12 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

“Well it’s hard for a drunk person to make good decisions like calling uber...” is horseshit justification for driving drunk. Make that decision before you leave the house. No excuse. 

It's not justification at all. It's reality. You act like drunk people make sound, reasonable decisions. Which is my point of why it's silly to constantly hear the same tired "why didn't he call an Uber". Maybe because drunk people make stupid, dumb ass decisions. Why do you think there are so many DUIs and drunk driving accidents/deaths. Because drunk people are fucking idiots. 

And that is also another point of mine. That decision needs to be made before you head out to get blitzed. Have a plan before. If you go out and drive to wherever to get drunk and have no plan to get home safely, then that person is going to get in their car and drive home like a dumb ass. Because drunk people make stupid ass decisions.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

It's not justification at all. It's reality. You act like drunk people make sound, reasonable decisions. Which is my point of why it's silly to constantly hear the same tired "why didn't he call an Uber". Maybe because drunk people make stupid, dumb ass decisions. Why do you think there are so many DUIs and drunk driving accidents/deaths. Because drunk people are fucking idiots. 

And that is also another point of mine. That decision needs to be made before you head out to get blitzed. Have a plan before. If you go out and drive to wherever to get drunk and have no plan to get home safely, then that person is going to get in their car and drive home like a dumb ass. Because drunk people make stupid ass decisions.

This. But then again at age 35 or whatever. When does going out and getting hammered become not a thing? 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Deej said:

I heard you the first time. Keep your racist rhetoric inside your own tiny brain.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bob Lives! said:

Maybe not, but "Longhorn Nation, I need a ride," would surely do the trick.  I'd pick his ass up. 

I would too

he might not get where he’s going tho...

“You think your UT man cave is the shit because of you full stuffed longhorn head over the TV? Well, I’ve got a real live Vince Young in a go-go dancer cage...”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

two drunk driving arrests in a couple of years for one of the most famous and well liked men in the state, who as Huck said could get a ride from basically anyone, anywhere for free. Vince has a problem. 

• Like 1

He failed "multiple field sobriety tests". Multiple. It wasn't that he couldn't recite the alphabet backwards. He shouldn't have been driving. 

He might not be an alcoholic, though. If he's willing to go out and drink and drive after getting a DWI, that to me means he's not terrified of losing access to alcohol above all else. 

2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Do you understand what alcoholism is? Let's just speculate and say he's not one, which I believe he likely is - He's a high profile figure who represents the University of Texas repeatedly putting the public in danger through his poor choices. Do you still think he shouldn't get help in making better decisions? Getting behind the wheel changes everything.

It's not just alcoholics that make rotten decisions concerning drinking and driving. But they are somewhat more likely to do so.  Here is a typical alcoholic's decision progression on a night:

• I'm not going to drink
  • I'm not going to drink to excess
  • I'm not going to vomit or pass out
  • I'm uhhhhhhhh urk

That kind of decision tree is not conducive to securing a designated driver ahead of time or at the time.

And a second DWI indicates continued excessive drinking despite serious consequences (the first one), which tends to be a hallmark of the alcoholic.

So alcoholism is a fair speculation.  It isn't conclusive.

18 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

He failed "multiple field sobriety tests". Multiple. It wasn't that he couldn't recite the alphabet backwards. He shouldn't have been driving. 

He might not be an alcoholic, though. If he's willing to go out and drink and drive after getting a DWI, that to me means he's not terrified of losing access to alcohol above all else. 

The "standard" battery of FSTs consists of three. The first one is unverifiable and relies upon the judgment of the officer. The second one affords several dozen opportunities to fail. The third and final one requires a person to hold their foot up for 30 seconds.

A sober person can "fail" all three tests and it would be a valid result.

Edited by Red Six
words
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Red Six said:

The "standard" battery of FSTs consists of three. The first one is unverifiable and relies upon the judgment of the officer. The second one affords several dozen opportunities to fail. The third and final one requires a person to hold their foot up for 30 seconds.

A sober person can "fail" all three tests and it would be a valid result.

is your phone number 777-7777?

• Like 1

man, he's just got to know better, especially with a prior dwi conviction. any detection of booze behind the wheel, you're taking that second trip to county lockup without question.

that's the sad part about dwi, is how it becomes such a repeat offense for certain types of people.

dude, you knew it was super bowl sunday, you knew you were going to party, plan that shit in advance.

i'm at the point in my life that i'll take a lyft or uber after a single drink, especially here in austin, where apd's clearance rate on dwi arrests is something like 2/3. that's a failing grade in any school, and it means you can beat the rap 33% of the time, but you are taking the ride 100% of the time. i don't have to be "too drunk to drive" to take a rideshare any longer. i'll take one to and from a happy hour, because cops will fuck up someone's life for little more than the overtime pay.

but, vince has to know that already. you already seen the other side of that conviction, brother.

• Like 3

Dude was sitting in the left hand lane with his hazards on.  He either had a car problem (maybe), or he was drunk out of his mind (likely).  Given this is his second DWI in 2 years, he's probably driven drunk many times before and just hasn't been caught.

He's got a problem and I hope he gets help for it.  If he doesn't, he needs to make a conscious decision to take Uber/Lyft whenever he goes out.  

1 hour ago, elnimo said:

Dude was sitting in the left hand lane with his hazards on.  He either had a car problem (maybe), or he was drunk out of his mind (likely).  Given this is his second DWI in 2 years, he's probably driven drunk many times before and just hasn't been caught.

He's got a problem and I hope he gets help for it.  If he doesn't, he needs to make a conscious decision to take Uber/Lyft whenever he goes out.  

FWIW, I once successfully pled a DWI down to a PI with a very similar fact pattern.  Dude was in his car but stopped.  Not driving.  BAC was not a good fact.

Not bragging (much) but more saying new facts may come to light and whathaveyou.

As much as I love Vince he needs to grow the fuck up, Posee's at his age are ridiculous and lead to nothing but problems exactly like this. 

I really think if his hamstring hadn't have screwed up his time in the CFL in Saskatchewan would have been good for him, from some people I know in that area Vince was incredibly mature , spent lots of time in the local community (not boozing) and was really respected by the team in general and was acting as a mentor to a lot of the younger players.

But unfortunately that chapter came to an unfortunate end, hes back home hanging out with his pose and look whats happening.   

2 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

FWIW, I once successfully pled a DWI down to a PI with a very similar fact pattern.  Dude was in his car but stopped.  Not driving.  BAC was not a good fact.

Not bragging (much) but more saying new facts may come to light and whathaveyou.

Hope that's what happens here.  But Black Jesus needs to get some help if he's drinking to that level on the regular.

No kidding, he's 6'5" gotta be about 280 lbs now just from the looks of him.  How many drinks is that?  

20+ drinks over four hours give or take with a couple glasses of water tossed in. Remember “drink” is single. Pounding doubles adds up quick. And according to the BAC calculator “many brain cells have died and this is not reversible.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Yeah, but after our first DWI, only those of us with a serious problem would not grow up and reform ourselves. 

9 hours ago, Llano Estacado said:

My guess was going to be “as many as it took +/- 5 between 7:30 PM EST to 03:30 CST.

4 am arrest when the east coast Super Bowl wrapped up earlier than most expected isn’t a normal party guy mistake.

Just clarifying here, but do you mean that 5 drinks +- between 7.30 and 3:30 would get him to the 024 BAC?