Vince arrested DWI

ToY

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texans/article/Vince-Young-on-DWI-arrest-Just-an-allegation-13604272.php

Vince Young on DWI arrest: 'Just an allegation, I'm not guilty'

..."I've got a real good lawyer, one of the best in the country," Young said Saturday during a Tristar Productions autograph show at NRG Arena. "We're going to fight the case. It's just an allegation. I'm not guilty...."

10 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texans/article/Vince-Young-on-DWI-arrest-Just-an-allegation-13604272.php

Vince Young on DWI arrest: 'Just an allegation, I'm not guilty'

..."I've got a real good lawyer, one of the best in the country," Young said Saturday during a Tristar Productions autograph show at NRG Arena. "We're going to fight the case. It's just an allegation. I'm not guilty...."

Well, there went my talk with my high schooler on how people make mistakes and how it's important to own them and be better. They are going to throw the book at him and he will deserve it. Wrong county to mess with.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Seems like a not so wise thing to say, has a touch of 'they're out to get me' to it. Why he's talking at all about it if his attorney is so great is perplexing. 

Could be a pretrial strategy his attorney has outlined..... if not, best for Vince to stay silent on this matter.  

As someone that has received 2 DWIs (21 years old; 30 years old) I can tell you that the best thing for me was getting caught and having to pay the price for my mistakes. Paying all that money, getting an interlock on my car and knowing that a 3rd violation meant actual jail time was enough of a deterrent for me. I rarely even drink outside of my house anymore, and if I do, I make sure that I'm covered with a ride to/from said watering hole. Being VY doesn't excuse your actions. Especially since Uber/Lyft is a thing now. In fact, because you are VY, you have even less of an excuse. Literally 100 out of 100 sober people will go out of their way to help you for free in the Austin area. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

As someone that has received 2 DWIs (21 years old; 30 years old) I can tell you that the best thing for me was getting caught and having to pay the price for my mistakes. Paying all that money, getting an interlock on my car and knowing that a 3rd violation meant actual jail time was enough of a deterrent for me. I rarely even drink outside of my house anymore, and if I do, I make sure that I'm covered with a ride to/from said watering hole. Being VY doesn't excuse your actions. Especially since Uber/Lyft is a thing now. In fact, because you are VY, you have even less of an excuse. Literally 100 out of 100 sober people will go out of their way to help you for free in the Austin area. 

Well, I know nothing of Vince’s issues, or even if he has one. But, you hit the nail on the head on the magic required to get ones shit together.

I, like you finally demanded it of myself. No one person or circumstances can force someone to clean up their act if they don’t want to. You will always find some excuse, regardless of how dumb the excuse may in fact be. You have to truly want it for yourself. You have to want to change. Because it is so fucking hard to accomplish. And that applies to smoking, drinking, prescription drugs, whatever your “thing” may be that is in control of your life.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

Well, I know nothing of Vince’s issues, or even if he has one. But, you hit the nail on the head on the magic required to get ones shit together.

I, like you finally demanded it of myself. No one person or circumstances can force someone to clean up their act if they don’t want to. You will always find some excuse, regardless of how dumb the excuse may in fact be. You have to truly want it for yourself. You have to want to change. Because it is so fucking hard to accomplish. And that applies to smoking, drinking, prescription drugs, whatever your “thing” may be that is in control of your life.

The trap that alcoholics usually find themselves in is the idea that you can handle it on your own if you really want to. That if you just DECIDE to clean up your act, you will. The first of the 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous is "We admitted we were powerless over alcohol--- that our lives had become unmanageable." In other words, if VY is an alcoholic, then he's not just going to wake up and stop being an alcoholic. 

• 3 months later...
On 5/31/2019 at 6:13 PM, Machinator said:

On 5/31/2019 at 6:24 PM, Lhorn said:

Good I guess?  I want Vince to learn from his mistakes.  Who knows. Maybe Vince was right or maybe he got a sweetheart deal.  

Stay healthy big man. 

Every day, DAs across the the state plea bargain DWI charges to Obstruction of Highway in order to allow defendants to be placed on deferred adjudication. 

In Texas, deferred adjudication is not available for DWI.   Most any criminal attorney will get you that deal. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

Every day, DAs across the the state plea bargain DWI charges to Obstruction of Highway in order to allow defendants to be placed on deferred adjudication. 

In Texas, deferred adjudication is not available for DWI.   Most any criminal attorney will get you that deal. 

Well, it's not ALWAYS available, but it's common as goose tracks.  Usually there's some little something, a good video, NC QB, or something that tilts it to obstruction.

1 hour ago, SaucyJack said:

Yes, this is Vince's last screw-up, though. If it happens again it will be serious, even if he completes the period of deferred adjudication with no further violations.

12 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

Could have been worse, could have been Reckless Driving!!

16 hours ago, woohorn said:

So does he get his "job" back?

Backpay?

Does Bru flip back back?

He got fired because he wasn’t doing his job, not the dui. 

My buddy got his reduced to the same thing in college. It took a good lawyer and quite a bit of money. He was hammered from $1 beer night. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 2:55 PM, Scooter Monzingo said:

I’ve been dead-to-rights for a DWI three times in my life, including a rollover at 4am on I-35 in georgetown after drinking all day in austin.  the other two times I was just pulled over.  all three times I was not arrested and looking back I really wish I had been locked up.  would have expedited things for me. 

1 hour ago, futureman said:

I’ve been dead-to-rights for a DWI three times in my life, including a rollover at 4am on I-35 in georgetown after drinking all day in austin.  the other two times I was just pulled over.  all three times I was not arrested and looking back I really wish I had been locked up.  would have expedited things for me. 

Are you Michael Dell or just really loaded?

• 1 year later...

GOOD NEWS...     https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2908156-report-vince-young-avoids-jail-time-as-charges-dropped-from-2019-dwi-arrest

Report: Vince Young Avoids Jail Time as Charges Dropped from 2019 DWI Arrest

TIM DANIELS.     SEPTEMBER 8, 2020

hi-res-2f07e3bb2403025693a6f2de9204691b_

Former NFL quarterback Vince Young completed a diversion program to have a charge of obstruction of a highway dropped stemming from an arrest on suspicion of DWI in February 2019 in Fort Bend County, Texas.  TMZ Sports reported Tuesday the Class B misdemeanor charge, which carried a maximum of 180 days in jail, was dismissed Aug. 25

Court documents were filed stating Young "completed a pretrial intervention program supervised by the probation department," per TMZ.  Young successfully had the charge reduced from DWI to obstruction of a highway in May 2019 after a court appeal.

Young previously pleaded no contest in a separate DWI case in January 2017 after being arrested in January 2016 in Austin, Texas. He was placed on 18 months' probation, fined $300 and ordered to perform 60 hours of community service.

The former NFL quarterback was born in Houston and attended the University of Texas in Austin before getting selected by the Tennessee Titans with the third overall pick in the 2006 NFL draft.  Young, who's now 37, was named the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2006 and earned two Pro Bowl selections during his time with the Titans, which ended after the 2010 season.  He also played for the Philadelphia Eagles, Buffalo Bills, Green Bay Packers and Cleveland Browns.

Young returned to UT as an employee in 2014, but he was fired in March 2019 for "poor performance and often being absent from work or not in touch with his supervisors," according to Jim Vertuno of the Associated Press.

• Hook 'Em 1