2018 Rain Thread

Hollywood

Woke up to this:
1000x-1.jpg
In Bee Cave, where it always rains on my house, we got... not a goddamn thing.  But the cool air this morning was a teasingly nice thing, I guess.

Best news I could hope for. Out of town and haven’t fixed some leaks in patio doors that get wetter than your mom when they catch a couple inches. Catching up on the thread this morning and was getting pretty worried.

Woke up to this:
1000x-1.jpg
In Bee Cave, where it always rains on my house, we got... not a goddamn thing.  But the cool air this morning was a teasingly nice thing, I guess.

Lakeway similar and I’m okay with it, the lakes got a good soaking and that’s what I really want to see. I’ll irrigate and call it a win.

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

That storm was weird coming in directly from the east. Do not see that very often.

Got hammered in Georgetown.

It might seem so, but actually in the summer most of our storms come from E to W.   More of them might come up from the SE (Gulf) but it's not too unusual at this time of year.

These storms followed a front that was sagging SE from NE Texas so they followed that.

2 hours ago, phdhorn said:

It might seem so, but actually in the summer most of our storms come from E to W.   More of them might come up from the SE (Gulf) but it's not too unusual at this time of year.

These storms followed a front that was sagging SE from NE Texas so they followed that.

Yes but when I first saw this on radar over Houston I was thinking no way that makes it to Austin...I thought it would peter out or at least move to the northwest. That thing went due east the whole way. Just seemed strange.

Fucking loud as hell hail storm for 15 minutes in central Arlington at 2am this morning.  Not the tiny pebbles either.  Quarter sized, up to damn golf ball sized hail.  Sounded like someone was taking a hammer to everything.

1 hour ago, Stella Link said:

OMG!!  OMG!!  Thunder in West Houston!!  Could it be?  Can it be??

Loud thunder, lightning all around me and the storm moves just to the south of me then fizzles out.  Not a drop.  

I thought when you posted on this thread you got rain....I think I want my money back.

On 6/6/2018 at 6:26 PM, TxEx99 said:

Fucking loud as hell hail storm for 15 minutes in central Arlington at 2am this morning.  Not the tiny pebbles either.  Quarter sized, up to damn golf ball sized hail.  Sounded like someone was taking a hammer to everything.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Poured on us in Bull Creek in Lake Austin yesterday around 3:30-4, then some dumbass dove from the bridge and brought out two water-based rescue jet skis and one water-based fire rescue boat (screamed through Bull Creek at 40+ mph easy), plus 3 ambulances and 2 firetrucks parked at the boat ramp, one police boat, and Starflight.  Basically shut down the ramp for 45 minutes while the rain started pouring again while about two dozen boats were all trying to pull off the water.  Total ClusterF but it could have been worse-- at least there were no jackwagon Game Wardens to foul things up.

Edited by utee94
  • Like 1

Don't usually post unless it's a widespread rain event.

I think it'll be a widespread rain event.  So I posted.

I think it's gonna rain but not sure if it's gonna be a slobglopper.  But yeah, it's gonna rain, starting later Sat into Paternal Mistake Day.

Back later today, later.

• Like 1

My Weather App - Austin Rain Prediction

Tuesday : Oh my gawd, it's gonna flood. Save yourself

Wednesday : It's going to be a pretty big rain event

Thursday : Austin will get a good soak

Friday: 50/50 chance of rain this weekend. 

Saturday: might get some sprinkles at night

Sunday: Forcefield brah