State College Recs

Yev Kassem

9 hours ago, Yev Kassem said:

I have an overnight business trip scheduled in a couple of weeks to State College, PA. Did a brief Yelp search of the restaurants and nightlife, but wanted to see if anyone here had any recommendations. 

Avoid showers, and the whole fucking place.

That place is one of the worst in the world. It is inhabited by GodPaCult apologists.

We Are! Because He Was!

Run away. Please, for your own good, run away.

The serious answer, you'll want to go to E. College Ave and find something. Not as many students around as during the school year, so it will probably seem dead. The Waffle Shop is great for breakfast. I guess The Tavern for drinks at night...they closed the Rathskeller for some reason and I'm not sure if anything replaced it. Tailgate Bar & Grill (W. College Ave) used to be a Damon's and I think still looks like a Damon's , so that's not bad. Beautiful area regardless which way you drive in. Hopefully driving in daylight from either Pittsburgh or Harrisburgh, it can be tricky at night or in bad weather.

On 6/20/2019 at 10:14 AM, PittsburghTiger said:

Avoid showers, and the whole fucking place.

That place is one of the worst in the world. It is inhabited by GodPaCult apologists.

We Are! Because He Was!

Run away. Please, for your own good, run away.

18 hours ago, Bartles said:

The serious answer, you'll want to go to E. College Ave and find something. Not as many students around as during the school year, so it will probably seem dead. The Waffle Shop is great for breakfast. I guess The Tavern for drinks at night...they closed the Rathskeller for some reason and I'm not sure if anything replaced it. Tailgate Bar & Grill (W. College Ave) used to be a Damon's and I think still looks like a Damon's , so that's not bad. Beautiful area regardless which way you drive in. Hopefully driving in daylight from either Pittsburgh or Harrisburgh, it can be tricky at night or in bad weather.

My answer was of a very serious nature.

On 6/20/2019 at 7:43 PM, gmr548 said:

My recommendation is quit your job.

20 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Maybe instead of going out at night, you should stay in your hotel room and contemplate the personal and professional decisions you have made in life that have brought you to the point of having to spend the night in State College.

This world is worse off that both of you were not aborted or swallowed. 

22 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Maybe instead of going out at night, you should stay in your hotel room and contemplate the personal and professional decisions you have made in life that have brought you to the point of having to spend the night in State College.

This is the correct answer

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 6:57 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

Stop at the Creamery for some ice cream. 

I was going to post the same thing. Never been there but I've heard on several food shows it's some of the best you can find.