Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

21 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

I did my best Daddy98 impression tonight.  I was not naked and did not have a bean bag or Cheetos, but I did have a few drinks and I watched all of Bijan Robinson's hudl "tapes".  That dude is going to get Stan Drayton a big raise and a promotion.   BMF wallet for sure.  

He likes to pretend to be the Chief, checking out defensive talent in his deer stand. Of course, he uses his "snuff hand" since he has to stay 500' away from snuff boys.

1 minute ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

He likes to pretend to be the Chief, checking out defensive talent in his deer stand. Of course, he uses his "snuff hand" since he has to stay 500' away from snuff boys.

Whatever happened to "the Chief"?  Maybe his butt buddy Kevin Steele could get him an analyst job.  He can compare third down strategy notes with Todd Orlando at the next coaches convention.  

19 minutes ago, canadianhorn21 said:

Chris Ash started following this dude...probably a very slim chance with him tho. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Dontae-Manning-46059500/

Dude is Oregon-bound, unless Ash can pull a rabbit out of his ass. We don't know what we have with Ash, so who knows. He got us a LB when Orlando didn't even bother to recruit one. 

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

Dude is Oregon-bound, unless Ash can pull a rabbit out of his ass. We don't know what we have with Ash, so who knows. He got us a LB when Orlando didn't even bother to recruit one. 

Sounds like that was in large part our interim LBs coach, Jeremiah George, who has a phenomenal picture on 247 from his time in the NFL. Dude doesn't skip neck day.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jeremiah-George-3367/

7859186.jpg?fit=crop&width=100

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Sounds like that was in large part our interim LBs coach, Jeremiah George, who has a phenomenal picture on 247 from his time in the NFL. Dude doesn't skip neck day.

Dayum. Necks are overrated anyway. There's not a dude I'd say no to. Any idea how well he can coach?

41 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I think George probably gets to keep the job. Likely Giles and George are the only 2 that stay from the current defensive staff right now.

12 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I think George probably gets to keep the job. Likely Giles and George are the only 2 that stay from the current defensive staff right now.

This is George’s first coaching job of any kind - for a Head Coach that said he wanted proven developers - that would be a surprising hire. . 

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

22 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This is George’s first coaching job of any kind - for a Head Coach that said he wanted proven developers - that would be a surprising hire. . 

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Are we paying now? His offer list looks like a highest bidder list. 

4 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Yep, good gosh the 2019 class will be more known for the medical retirements.

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Texas Athletic Medicine: You better believe we're thorough!

Tough if 2019 Class loses 3 players to medical retirement, but I'm cool with the Texas medical staff protecting the players.  

1 hour ago, Fud said:

I’d be shocked if he got the LB oaching job 

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

As always, HtownHorn has no fucking clue what he’s talking about. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

I did my best Daddy98 impression tonight.  I was not naked and did not have a bean bag or Cheetos, but I did have a few drinks and I watched all of Bijan Robinson's hudl "tapes".  That dude is going to get Stan Drayton a big raise and a promotion.   BMF wallet for sure.  

whats even the point then?

11 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

But he just signed a guy in two weeks after Orlando signed 5 in 4 years. Are we just going to overlook that?!