Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

On 2/7/2023 at 2:14 PM, Crapinon said:

OK, one of the bigger ones. Ten years ago, test showed I might have cancer and I scheduled an MRI and biopsy, 3 moths in advance. This required two days in Dallas and I was not able to drive myself after the procedures. She decided that it was more important to go to a Women of Faith conference with her friends and leave me hanging. She said they would pray for me. I didn't want to reschedule, because cancer. She was clueless why I was mad for her screwing with my MRI AND CANCER BIOPSY. I ended up having to call a friend and his wife drove me to the procedures over a two day period. She didn't even call to see how it went because the conference went all day. She's done similar shit over a surgery I had (wouldn't take the day off to drive me) and didn't even check on me until it ran 3 hours late. And there was a time when I had  a 3 day hospital stay, fighting an infection after another biopsy gone wrong. She was out of town the first day but the second day she was "too tired" to stop by the hospital on her way home. And I could literally look out my window and watch her drive by on the freeway when she passed. And did I mention the 7 months with no sex episode?

Why the fuck are you still married to that selfish woman? Fuck that. Go out and raw dog some strange. 

• Hook 'Em 5

On 2/19/2023 at 9:28 PM, NaTeWHO said:

Had a weekend at the ranch and soon after we got back home, wife realized she left the stove on boiling water in the bunk house. She just made it to the ranch (100 miles) with no damage, just a really hot pot. Uncle who was still in the area could have drove about 15 minutes and turned it off. Wife couldn't handle someone who's known her her entire life knowing she left the stove on as if the person who's know her her entire life doesn't already know she can't remember shit and this is pretty typical. Totally worth 200 miles round trip. I am wife free for the evening, so that's nice.

It’d be a hell of a lot more embarrassing to have burned down the place, but maybe that’s just me. 

Wife woke up with laryngitis yesterday.  I'm sympathetic, because I had a bad bout of laryngitis for three weeks after a week of the flu back in December.  I remember very clearly from my Dr visit during that time that the main treatment for laryngitis is complete vocal rest, including refraining from whispering which puts as much if not more strain on your vocal cords.  I told her that she needed to rest her voice, including whispering, for the day.

Of course she dismisses what I am telling her - "Oh, you just read that on the internet" - and proceeds to talk to me ALL DAY in a whisper.  So that means that any time she had something to say, which seemed to be more often than normal, I had to stop whatever I was doing and shift 100% attention to her to try and decipher what she was saying.  

By the end of the day, my energy for this was absolutely exhausted.  

Her:  You seem upset.  What is wrong with you?

Me:  To be honest... I'm a bit annoyed that you dismissed my advice and have not rested your voice at all today.

Her:  Now you're just being mean.

Me:  I just want you to feel better.

Tone.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

Wife woke up with laryngitis yesterday.  I'm sympathetic, because I had a bad bout of laryngitis for three weeks after a week of the flu back in December.  I remember very clearly from my Dr visit during that time that the main treatment for laryngitis is complete vocal rest, including refraining from whispering which puts as much if not more strain on your vocal cords.  I told her that she needed to rest her voice, including whispering, for the day.

Of course she dismisses what I am telling her - "Oh, you just read that on the internet" - and proceeds to talk to me ALL DAY in a whisper.  So that means that any time she had something to say, which seemed to be more often than normal, I had to stop whatever I was doing and shift 100% attention to her to try and decipher what she was saying.  

By the end of the day, my energy for this was absolutely exhausted.  

Her:  You seem upset.  What is wrong with you?

Me:  To be honest... I'm a bit annoyed that you dismissed my advice and have not rested your voice at all today.

Her:  Now you're just being mean.

Me:  I just want you to feel better.

Tone.

But if any of her 17 girlfriends had passed along the advice, she would have been locked in.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

I absolutely loathe everything about keyless ignitions. The fact that anyone can drive off without a key is insane. Not sure how far it’s going to go. When I experimented this with a coworkers ford edge once, I was able to go at least 5 blocks without a fob.

I also help my mail box key separate from my other keys

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I absolutely loathe everything about keyless ignitions. The fact that anyone can drive off without a key is insane. Not sure how far it’s going to go. When I experimented this with a coworkers ford edge once, I was able to go at least 5 blocks without a fob.

what I hate about them is you can't hide a key in the car anywhere.

10 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Dropped in-laws off at airport, and drove away. Got about four miles before I realized that he still had the keyfob (I dropped them off and then kept their car).

Was able to connect with him and get it back before they took off. He'd made it through security though... didn't think anything of it when he put the fob in the bowl at the screening area.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Been a while since I have visited this thread. Reading all this shit stresses me out for some reason, but today... I have to post.

So, this morning wife has to leave early. She's up early, I hear her leave the house, car doors slamming, then back in the house and a lot of panicked rustling around, then finally "I can't find my car keys, I going to take my car key off your key chain." I'm half asleep but thinking this doesn't sound good, but she's late and I'm not going to argue.

Fast forward, around lunch today I get a text from my neighbor "Hey drifter, I saw your mailbox doors was open, but I couldn't close it because the lock is turned, preventing it from closing."

Fuck, so I stop to check the mail on the way home and sure enough, the mailbox was open. I get out my mailbox key so I can unlock it and close it and relock it and yep (can you see what's coming here), her keys (all three cars' fobs and house and mailbox keys) are all in the open mailbox, which has our address right there on the inside of the open door.

This is the series of events as best as I can reconstruct them:

Yesterday, wife comes home from work, stops to check the mail. Gets out of the car with her keys (keyless ingnition, so car keeps running even if you get out with the fob), opens mail door, locks mail door with the door still open, removes keys from mailbox lock, sets keys in the mailbox while she flips through the mail, leaves key in mailbox without trying to shut door, gets back in car, drives home, turns off push button ignition, comes in house (I was already home so front door was unlocked), never checks purse for keys until the next day when the car won't start because her fob was not in her purse.

I didn't ask but I would bet my life savings she was talking on the phone during all that.

Well done. This is how this thread works. 

11 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

We got a car about a year ago which was our first keyless ignition experiment. Wife left the car running overnight.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

I read it as he feels, and I agree, that a wife checking the mail is a humblebrag.  Like a wife mowing the lawn, or taking out the trash, or.......

lol, but nah. I don't usually get much of anything, other than junk. She's the private attorney, and gets quite a bit of mail.

14 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

what I hate about them is you can't hide a key in the car anywhere.

If you really need the ability, you can get an RFID blocking case and put the key inside, then leave that in the car. But then it's even more difficult to hide. Commonly sold as faraday boxes.

• Hook 'Em 1